Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Boring game, predictable result. Not fussed by the result at all, it's the same crud we've served up all year so I'm pretty used to it now.

Same, Nash.

They looked physically and emotionally tired out there. It's been a long, taxing season - overwhelmed by change.

They need a spell.

The Dean Bailey era absolutely ruined our forward structure and we're still recovering. The old "press up the ground and then run back towards goal" strategy absolutely destroyed our players' ability to play as part of a standard forward structure.

Our damage has been done Post 1997. With really bad recruiting & list management.

We've made a couple of errors since 2007, but not all are bad. Some are still recovering from serious injuries that have hindered their games.

I think we'll see Strauss & Blease start to shine more next year, as I believe will Watts. Cale, dunno.

I expect Trenners & Grimes to lift a lot next Year as well, after a learning year.

I have never been a fan of Brian Royal. Last year defence coach,they were rubbish!! This year mid field! Are total garbage!!!

Spot one DP. The sooner we get rid of him the better.

Thank god for F1 qualifying, Le tour time trial and British open round 3 to watch - gotta be some sort of good performance to watch after that garbage

Damn straight.

Looking forward to another Webber victory this weekend.

• Like 1

By many here, in particular, me.

'You were wrong then and you are wrong now'. (Sean Connery, The Presidio.) Remove your tunnel vision, look outside the playing list and you will find an answer.

• Like 1

Well as a Darwin resident I attended...but left before the siren as Im absolutely fed up with this crap. It bloody breaks ya heart. First quarter i thought here we go then when I left we had 2 goals in 3 quarters. I sat right next to the emergencies and coaches box, they were very quiet in there. Im not sure about the crowd but I wouldnt think it would be more than 7500-8000 and a very poor atmosphere.

Jake Spencer - walk away from the game son.

Jetta - take a bow. What he lacks for in pace he makes up for in footy smarts.

Grimes - was good

Sylvia - did try to lift us but to no avail.

Trengove - first time I've seen him play this year live & I agree he looks awfully slow.

Tom McDonald - may well be our best backman.

Bail - tried hard to break the lines

Petterd - hmmm, not the player he was.

Green - great first quarter, did try his heart out.

Couch - major thumbles.

Magner - is a good VFL player. Disposal nowhere near AFL standard. Slow

Nicholson - broke the lines but can get too excited and caught in trouble too often.

Martin - slowed right up but offers so much more around the ground than Jamar, nice goal.

The heat was not an issue as it was quite chilly after half time. We had been training for it for a month anyway. Im really disappointed with that performance, Im usually quite positive but I have seen enough this year to warrant disgust, when is this team going to improve, we have been rebuilding since 2007 and still we are no better on field, our skills are quite possibly the worst in the league and its not good enough. Mark Neeld has all the right people around him but as Ive said before hes done nothing yet to excite me, Im still sitting on the fence as to whether he can actually coach. We will know more next year with hopefully some better players & less injuries but he'd better improve.

We were probably ahead in the free kick count but jee wizz the umpires stooged us with some stupid decisions.

I did not enjoy myself at all tonight at TIO and walk away with only 3 things that impressed me.

1. Jeremy Howes mark

2. The speed at which Neil Craig chews chewing gum

3. How many snakes alive the emergencies and coaches go through.

The rest of it can go to hell. Over it and not wasting my weekends anymore this year watching this shambles.

Sorry to be negative guys but just sick of it and the crap we all cop being MFC supporters.

Edited by Hells Gates
  • Like 6

This playing list was rated very highly (for a young list) before Neeld arrived - playing lists do NOT change dramatically in one year at any club.

Neeld and co. out, and advertise and recruit replacements.

I dont completely understand your agenda hardnut but whatever it is take it somewhere else. Our forwardline tonight on paper was the worst you could possibly see and it really was only second to our disposal forward of centre. . The list was rated highly based on where players were chosen in the draft not based on their output or the balance of the list. Our mids were rubbish last year and they're rubbish this year

• Like 5

I don't think Bailey's game would have stood up in finals, no doubt, but to blame him for the ineptitude we are seeing now is just cowardly.

Neeld makes the calls on who to play and where. He chose to play two rucks in this heat, to have a sub with zero fitness base, to play a tiny makeshift forward line. He tells our players to kick across the ground, even if they cannot actually kick. He is responsible for centre bounce set ups, where we are often hopeless out of position and chasing our opponent.

He may not have inherited the fittest or best skilled list, but he inherited a list with lots of good young players who have now gone backwards.

It's not all his fault, but when you are leading, you need to take accountability.

I think Chooks saying we recruited some soft players amongst our draftee group, & most weren't required to put the head down over the pill.

The attitude is difficult to change once the players have had games just given to them, instead of having to earn them. to play for the Jumper.

The weekly cycle of Demonland under Neeld:

Game Time: Insipid performance by the team with no apparent purpose or modern game plan and no sign of hope.

Post Match: Demonlanders who actually watch the game question how a team that won 8 games last year can become a 10 goal worse side so quickly after spending an inordinate amount of money on new coaches.

Monday to Thursday: Neeld evangelists shoot down anyone who dares question the direction the club is taking, sprooking buzz words like ‘culture’, ‘186’ and ‘deadwood’ and expressing unwavering confidence in the coach.

Thursday: Team selection and our team doesn’t look so bad on paper and we cling to a small chance of winning.

• Like 5

Same, Nash.

They looked physically and emotionally tired out there. It's been a long, taxing season - overwhelmed by change.

They need a spell.

Christ give me a spell it's this bloody mentality that sees us go nowhere.

Theyre spent oh didums I feel real sorry for the overpaid underperforming spuds.

Supporter member lead revolution this club can't be entrusted to look after itself it falls to us.

I care even if the players don't I'm not sitting watching something i love slowly get gutted.

While others make excuse.

• Like 1

Well as a Darwin resident I attended...but left before the siren as Im absolutely fed up with this crap. It bloody breaks ya heart. First quarter i thought here we go then when I left we had 2 goals in 3 quarters. I sat right next to the emergencies and coaches box, they were very quiet in there. Im not sure about the crowd but I wouldnt think it would be more than 7500-8000 and a very poor atmosphere.

Grimes - was good

Trengove - first time I've seen him play this year live & I agree he looks awfully slow.

Couch - major thumbles.

Nicholson - broke the lines but can get too excited and caught in trouble too often.

Martin - slowed right up but offers so much more around the ground than Jamar, nice goal.

The heat was not an issue as it was quite chilly after half time. We had been training for it for a month anyway. Im really disappointed with that performance, Im usually quite positive but I have seen enough this year to warrant disgust, when is this team going to improve, we have been rebuilding since 2007 and still we are no better on field, our skills are quite possibly the worst in the league and its not good enough. Mark Neeld has all the right people around him but as Ive said before hes done nothing yet to excite me, Im still sitting on the fence as to whether he can actually coach. We will know more next year with hopefully some better players & less injuries but he'd better improve.

We were probably ahead in the free kick count but jee wizz the umpires stooged us with some stupid decisions.

I did not enjoy myself at all tonight at TIO and walk away with only 3 things that impressed me.

1. Jeremy Howes mark

The rest of it can go to hell. Over it and not wasting my weekends anymore this year watching this shambles.

Sorry to be negative guys but just sick of it and the crap we all cop being MFC supporters.

Thanks for the notes HG. I feel the same way as you.

Lots of work to do for everyone at the club.

I dont completely understand your agenda hardnut but whatever it is take it somewhere else. Our forwardline tonight on paper was the worst you could possibly see and it really was only second to our disposal forward of centre. . The list was rated highly based on where players were chosen in the draft not based on their output or the balance of the list. Our mids were rubbish last year and they're rubbish this year

There is no agenda 'Big Red'. If players were selected highly in the draft presumably they had football talent which could be developed in whatever suitable manner. I'm not taking my views anywhere else - I want MFC to succeed - I'm wondering what you want and who you are protecting?

• Like 1

Well as a Darwin resident I attended...

I hear you Hell, you should feel for us saps living in sunny f#&king Melbourne, we've got to go and watch this Sh#t more than every second week.

And a game like Essendon comes along only every 22 games these days.

We should petition the AFL fr a priority pick, because we are seriously cr*p.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

AGREED

• Like 1

Grimes - was good

Couch - major thumbles.

1. Jeremy Howes mark

Only point of disagreement Spencer. Thought we lost it in the second quarter due to midfield and forward set up. We just have so may inbetween/undersized slow players. Masters of "Snow White" recruiting. Been the same issues for 4 -5 years
  • Like 1

The weekly cycle of Demonland under Neeld:

Game Time: Insipid performance by the team with no apparent purpose or modern game plan and no sign of hope.

Post Match: Demonlanders who actually watch the game question how a team that won 8 games last year can become a 10 goal worse side so quickly after spending an inordinate amount of money on new coaches.

Monday to Thursday: Neeld evangelists shoot down anyone who dares question the direction the club is taking, sprooking buzz words like ‘culture’, ‘186’ and ‘deadwood’ and expressing unwavering confidence in the coach.

Thursday: Team selection and our team doesn’t look so bad on paper and we cling to a small chance of winning.

Pretty good summation Tony - hang in there despite the criticism you will receive.

I think Chooks saying we recruited some soft players amongst our draftee group, & most weren't required to put the head down over the pill.

The attitude is difficult to change once the players have had games just given to them, instead of having to earn them. to play for the Jumper.

Lets put everything aside, history, recruiting, past coaching indiscretions, and concentrate on one very simple stat.

In the first quarter tonight, we kicked a bigger score than we kicked for the remaining 3 quarters. Despite Port activating their sub in the first quarter, and having another very sick player on the ground.

Last week we lost because we apparently ran out of legs. This week, we've been apparently preparing for this climate and had full use of our bench for the whole match, so what's this week's excuse?

I fully understand that our list has some holes. Our midfield is horrible, yet players like Magner and Couch, who we all know will never been A graders, are getting a game ahead of Gysberts and Morton. If Neeld wants tough in and under players like Magner and Couch, he should understand that he also needs very good outside support because these guys are rubbish users of the ball. Yet both of these guys were used in attacking roles for the last few weeks. Why?

Garland has had a good month up forward, and Rivers is an absolute leader of troops down back. Yet Garland was kept in the backline until the last 10 minutes of the match, despite having a dirty game defensively, and Rivers was never switched back to help. Why?

Neeld persists with Dunn down back, who lacks strength and accountability, but who is a beautiful kick at goal, and yet we can't kick to save ourselves. Why?

Nothing is ever so black and white that we can categorically say "problem X is the absolute core of our issues". But a senior coach who cannot react mid games, a senior coach who cannot motivate his players to push past their opponents even from very winnable positions, and a senior coach who seemingly won't budge on tactics, is a senior coach who deserves to be questioned.

If you just blindly follow what is put in front of you, then you have nobody but yourself to blame for the disappointment that may come your way.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 10

'You were wrong then and you are wrong now'. (Sean Connery, The Presidio.) Remove your tunnel vision, look outside the playing list and you will find an answer.

You have to support your view, using quotes from classic movies won't do it. Perhaps if you looked at all areas you might find the answer.

But your persistent tone that stinks of an agenda tells me you won't.

Only point of disagreement Spencer. Thought we lost it in the second quarter due to midfield and forward set up. We just have so may inbetween/undersized slow players. Masters of "Snow White" recruiting. Been the same issues for 4 -5 years

Did you see how he just mopes around slowly missing everything that comes his way. He's embarrassing. If anything he did was tackle well I thought.