Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Gut feel ... Moloney gone.

DeeZee

The fact is that we've been shocking since Morton went out of the team. Perhaps that's a coincidence, but the run and (believe it or not) good footskills he provides has been sorely lacking this past few weeks.

Waaa haaa haaa hhaaaaa hhaaaaaaa

This has got to be the post of the year!!

I'll have what he's having..

Mate I'm not going to argue with you any more.....Lucky for Ess that Jobe Watson....you remember him...couldn't run....couldn't kick....should have been traded,delisted......A list clogger.......And you ARE bagging Moloney.....

no...i am just looking at our list with some objective...It is in a shocking state...& Brent is not that good...other teams play him too well

We need better...not personal at all.

F&*(%k what Essendon do btw..it is not relevant..Watson is a different build.

Edited by why you little

no...i am just looking at our list with some objective...It is in a shocking state...& Brent is not that good...other teams play him too well

We need better...not personal at all.

F&*(%k what Essendon do btw..it is not relevant..Watson is a different build.

Still a midfielder writen off by supporters...(sound familiar) Only 1 year different in age...

Junior Mac was a far better footballer than Brent Moloney

Do you want Premiership 13 or are you happy that the MFC just exists??

We have to recruit better players than what we have got...Hell we can't even beat anyone at etihad stadium right now!!

Astute recruiting and player development has to be a number 1 priority for the MFC. I get the impression that the club is slowing sinking into oblivion and becoming more irrelevant each year that we finish near the bottom.

At a Club information session on Wednesday night, CS said that within 10 years the MFC will have the lowest supporter base of all Clubs in Victoria. We have an ageing supporter base and it is very hard to attract young supporters when you don't win games.

With Brent Moloney I get the impression that the Club sees free agency as an opportunity to improve it's list with compensation picks. Brent may well be quietly steered in this direction although I have no evidence to that affect.

I'm a cynical person when it comes to the noises football players and their manager's make. It would be hard to argue this cynicism isn't justified.

And I'm a bit over people making excuses for highly paid footballers who don't produce on game day for the Melbourne Footy Club.

We must demand better than this.

Not the point RR and you know it.

You slagged off Beamer because his manager did his job and tried to up his money/terms, then you slag off Beamer again when he says he wants to be a Demon for life!!

Just ridiculousness of the highest order mate.

Edited by stuie

Guest José Mourinho

I don't think he'll be dropped, I believe it will be Magner.

Looks like they dropped a desk on Moloney instead.

Guest José Mourinho

You slagged off Beamer because his manager did his job and tried to up his money/terms, then you slag off Beamer again when he says he wants to be a Demon for life!!

No just recognition of the fact Beamer was happy to have his manager hold the club to ransom, until after a few weeks he realised his wretched form meant there were no takers, so he went into damage control.

Nothing noble about what he did.

• Like 1

No just recognition of the fact Beamer was happy to have his manager hold the club to ransom, until after a few weeks he realised his wretched form meant there were no takers, so he went into damage control.

Nothing noble about what he did.

What a surprise, Beamer Basher No.1 joins in...

All you guys are doing is highlighting how biased you are against a particular player, and no matter what he does you will find a reason in your hate to bag him out.

Getting silly now.

Guest José Mourinho

What a surprise, Beamer Basher No.1 joins in...

All you guys are doing is highlighting how biased you are against a particular player, and no matter what he does you will find a reason in your hate to bag him out.

Getting silly now.

No just the opposite - you're proving that once you have decided a player is good, you will ignore mountains of evidence to the contrary and not accept that development happens both ways - progression and regression.

Face the facts: Moloney has for a long time been good at only a few things, and now that other teams can easily shut them down, he is incapable of having an impact on games.

Some of us saw this coming. Some of us can't see it has already arrived.

• Like 1

No just the opposite - you're proving that once you have decided a player is good, you will ignore mountains of evidence to the contrary and not accept that development happens both ways - progression and regression.

Face the facts: Moloney has for a long time been good at only a few things, and now that other teams can easily shut them down, he is incapable of having an impact on games.

Some of us saw this coming. Some of us can't see it has already arrived.

No, no no. I have said in nearly every post that he is clearly out of form.

And as for being no good for a "long time", need I remind you of last year AGAIN?!

The ACTUAL point is, some of you (especially you Jose) seem to be delighting in one of our most passionate players being out of form, and that is the WORST type of "supporting" there is.

Weak Jose, weak.

Edited by stuie

Guest José Mourinho

That's your opinion.

Until now I've stayed out of this thread, and it has churned out 6 pages already.

I take no delight in any of it, either.

But I saw it when he was polling brownlow votes, and I see it still now.

He was very very good at a few aspects of the game, and that was enough to get him votes and a B&F, but it was obvious that once he got figured out he wouldn't have much left to fall back on.

It's not just a form issue.

This isn't a temporary thing.

• Like 1

Just like Junior??????....One bad year does not a career make

Is this Yoda speak?

This is getting ridiculous.

So the reining B&F winner, experienced, big bodied, good leader, still relatively young, should be let go of because he has been badly out of form this year? And us anonymous hacks somehow know better than the FD!

And I thought only Tigers supporters ate their own!

• Like 4

This is getting ridiculous.

So the reining B&F winner, experienced, big bodied, good leader, still relatively young ...

... and hasn't played a decent game for a year or so.

Times change, and time seems to have caught up with our Brett. Unfortunately.

But a year ago Brent was 2/3 though the season he won B&F. ..was he playing like crap when he won B&F Bing? That's what you said!

I suspect he's quite depressed. I've been depressed since a divorce & he seems like I feel.

Maybe if the club, team and supporters showed a lot of love instead of him being harshly criticised we'd see better returns from Beamer? ..and whatever happens in the future would still happen but it wouldn't hurt would it?

• Like 2

i agree with you 100% stuie you guys slagging him off are a [censored] joke of the highest order!! this bloke since coming to the club has has fair to say his worst year but boy he has given us great service and leadership with his boxing camp and sticking by us when the going gets tough. he BLEEDS! red and blue and you can see his passion on the field and off! sure maybe he hasn't delieved what some might have hoped but [censored] he has gave us lots of service and pride.

and for those bagging beamer while he is down in the slumps atm [censored] off back to the snow.

• Like 1

Times change, and time seems to have caught up with our Brett. Unfortunately.

Oh, we'll, it's decided then. No more to say. Thanks for letting us know.

We need to recruit maturity not kids, That mistake has been shown.

But we also need better maturity than Brent.

Recruiting kids isn't the problem, the lack of quality leaders & a poor culture has been our problem.

This year we must recruit more topend talent, but also try to recruit another, mature Quality player, or 2.

• Like 1

Still a midfielder writen off by supporters...(sound familiar) Only 1 year different in age...

So was Goddard (Watson), both were harassed by there respective clubs supporters,,, by the way it doesn't seemed to have hindered them & may have spurred them on to higher things.

Moloney, well he's totally different where his poor form & poor body language is a real concern on the back of inside talk of him sitting at Hirds desk last year.

Beamer will re-invent himself.

He is a grunt HFF now and needs to stay there until we make the finals.

There are more things to footy than just talent - No 9 for GWS taught us all that lesson.

JR I am not sure BM will still be playing in 2017

• Like 2

In comparing Moloney's stats with Morton's, we see that Moloney averages more tackles and more inside fifties, but morton averages more kicks and more marks.

So it would seem that Moloney's better at the pressure side of the game and Morton is better at the run and spread side of the game. Since both of these aspects are very important, it looks like both players might be a little flawed. To me, it looks like maybe neither of them will be good enough to take us forward.

But while Moloney is unlikely to change, Morton very well could improve his contested game quite a bit as he matures. It remains to be seen what Morton may accomplish, but I feel like Moloney's game style is a little bit outdated, and that he contributes to our overwhelming "slowness" as a footy side.

• Like 2