Changes v Fremantle

stuie

Nicholson out, hahahaha your and idiot mate! You're going to drop our only small stopper who plays on the small forward every week. You are delusional!

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

In: Green, Couch, Gysberts (Jamar if fit)

Out : Dunn (susp), Magnar, Nicholson (injured shoulder, if not dropped)

Green to take Rivers spot up forward, Riv to go to back line where he is best (Dunn to never play key back again please)

Magnar looking more like a good VFL player by the week - kicking not up to standard.

Nicho dropped - as you can't play Nicho and Bail in the same side - both too big a liability with the ball in hand. Bail can find the ball and works hard both ways so should be given a run of games to truely test foot skills at the top level.

Nicholson's run and carry was the standout agst the Tigers. He defended well and whilst he had 2 turnovers (Bail, Watts, Tapscott all had more). His pace is wanted in our team.

• Like 1

Ins: Jamar, Green, Davey, Couch, Gysberts

Outs: Spencer, Dunn, Bail, Magner, and for Gysberts.... possibly Jamie Bennel

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

Goodness knows who will come in but OUTS Frawley concussion, and Watts who spent a long time letting everyone know he was crook after half time,boy is he 'soft'...really skillful of course. And surely Bennell and Bate are outs because they are in reality VFL players and Casey needs them

I'm not too sure what neeld was doing with dunn? Why play dunn in a position rivers coulda played.

I was a bit baffled too but tell me who we are going to kick to down there! Jake Spencer, ppfffft, Stefan Martin, a much less exxagerated pfft!

It won't be easy to try and decide the ins and outs this week. I don't know the Freo team too well. I was at the Casey game today and a handfull of players could easily be called up. We need some forwards who are natural forwards and we need to match up on players like Pavlich, Mayne and De Boer who are all in good form.

I am unsure of Jamar will be fit. If yes he comes straight back in for Spencer.

Fitzpatrick was great at Casey but both Jamar and Spencer are currently ahead of him.

POSSIBLE OUTS: Bennell, one of Bail or Nicholson, Spencer, Magner, possibly Frawley (concussion)

POSSIBLE INS: Green, Couch, Gysberts, Cook. If Frawley is out, Fitzpatrick gets considered.

Rivers has to go back this week to help handle Pavlich.

Based on the Casey thread, I'd expect:

In: Green, Couch, Gysberts

Out: Bail, Bennell, Magner

Maldonboy's description of Cook had me pretty excited, but I'm in no hurry there so I'd be happy to sit on that one for another week. Don't even bother trying to twist my arm there, it'll be the easiest arm twist of all time. Gysberts is the stark opposite; he needs games in the seniors yesterday; if he's ready get him in. Green and Couch's games sound as if they were too high a standard to ignore.

Jamar can swap with Spencer if he's fit.

Pavlich is in very good form over the last month so Frawley needed for him, Freo played Mcpharlin forward today but Grover looked to have picked up a concusion. Not sure if Dawson is back this week. Our midfield has been really poor and Freo do contest well to be any chance we need to break even here.

Nicho to stay in and go to Ballantyne,

Dunn to stay in and play as a defensive forward on either Johnson or Mundy. Mundy does not have the tank through the middle due to interupted pre season so was setting up from half back. Johnson will try and float free across haf back so needs to be made acountable

The only really quick mid for Freo to worry about is Hill, does not like a close tag so either go Mckenzie or Blease to match him for speed and run off him. Couch seems to have earned his spot so maybe time for Magner to be rested.

Freo are a big bodied and hard side, playing Lyons style so arm wrestle may be on the cards here. Maloney to stay in to draw Crowley and stop him going to Jones. Sellar to come into consideration depending on Chip

My outs: Bail, Bennell & Magner. possibly Spencer

Ins from: Gysberts, Green, Couch, Jamar, Cook & Sellar

B: Mcdonald Frawley Nicholson

HB: Rivers Watts Tapscott

C: Blease Grimes Trengove

HF: Sylvia Garland Howe

F: Dunn Martin Green

R: Jamar/Spencer, Jones, Gysberts

I/C & EMERGENCIES: Couch, Bate, Sellar, Maloney, Davey & Cook

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 1

The only really quick mid for Freo to worry about is Hill, does not like a close tag so either go Mckenzie or Bail to match him for speed and run off him. Couch seems to have earned his spot so maybe time for Magner to be rested.

McKenzie is a plodder, he would get absolutely slaughtered by Hill. From what I saw of the Freo game today he didnt play that well, could we dare play Blease 1 on 1 on him, just to see how he goes if given a 'task' rather than just run around asking for handball receives to take guys on and have shots for goal whenever he has the ball?

Pav is the main worry, he has been in sublime form this year. If Frawley isnt playing, Rivers has to go back. I wouldnt trust Sellar to man him up if he is fit again. Mayne is also in good form, and I think would be too nimble for Dunn, so possibly Garland also has to go back (if this is the case Cook would surely get a run).

Ins based on the Casey thread:

Green, Davey, Morton, Gysberts

Outs:

Magner, Bail, Bennell, Tapscott

Variables:

Frawley (injured or suspended) (Cook in if this happens and Rivers or Garland to go back)

Spencer (out if Jamar is fit again)

Nicholson (if injured, Tapscott to survive)

Have to say that Saturday was one of the worst games of AFL football I have ever been to, it was in slow motion. We were bad very bad and changes need to be made, my line up

Strauss Frawley Rivers

Nicholson Garland Bennell

Blease Sylvia Couch

Howe Watts Green

Davey Cook Martin

Fitzpatrick Jones Grimes

McKenzie Gysberts Tapscott Morton

In Morton, Gysberts, Cook, Davey, Green, Strauss, Couch

Out Bate, Dunn, Bail, Magner, Spencer, MacDonald, Moloney

I want to go to a game and watch our first round draft picks from the past 5 years play in the same team, they all seem to have reasonable form at Casey.

Edited by drdrake

Based on the Casey thread, I'd expect:

In: Green, Couch, Gysberts

Out: Bail, Bennell, Magner

Maldonboy's description of Cook had me pretty excited, but I'm in no hurry there so I'd be happy to sit on that one for another week. Don't even bother trying to twist my arm there, it'll be the easiest arm twist of all time. Gysberts is the stark opposite; he needs games in the seniors yesterday; if he's ready get him in. Green and Couch's games sound as if they were too high a standard to ignore.

Jamar can swap with Spencer if he's fit.

Pretty much exactly what I would go for, and all reports say that Jamar will be right.

There was also talk this week that Sellar would be right to go and he seems to be a favourite of Neelds so he could come in for MacDonald or Chip if he doesn't come up from his concussion.

I'm happy with Col Garland up forward but I really think we lose too much with Rivers away from defense. I won't be pleased if he heads forward again this week.

Edited by Pates

I'm after whole sale changes after the dismal display of skills but I don't expect to see it. My changes would be.

IN: Cook, Couch, Davey, Green, Gysberts, Jamar, Jetta, Petterd

OUT: Bail, Bate, Bennell, MacDonald, Magner, Moloney, Nicholson, Spencer

FB: Garland, Frawley, Jetta

HB: Watts, Rivers, Grimes

C: Gysberts, McKenzie, Trengove

HF: Howe, Cook, Petterd

FF: Martin, Green, Davey

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, Jones

INT: Blease, Couch, Tapscott (Dunn sub)

EMERG: Fitzpatrick, Morton, Nicholson

Edit: Nicholson as emergency.

Edited by Tall Defence

Pavlich is in very good form over the last month so Frawley needed for him, Freo played Mcpharlin forward today but Grover looked to have picked up a concusion. Not sure if Dawson is back this week. Our midfield has been really poor and Freo do contest well to be any chance we need to break even here.

Nicho to stay in and go to Ballantyne,

Dunn to stay in and play as a defensive forward on either Johnson or Mundy. Mundy does not have the tank through the middle due to interupted pre season so was setting up from half back. Johnson will try and float free across haf back so needs to be made acountable

The only really quick mid for Freo to worry about is Hill, does not like a close tag so either go Mckenzie or Blease to match him for speed and run off him. Couch seems to have earned his spot so maybe time for Magner to be rested.

Freo are a big bodied and hard side, playing Lyons style so arm wrestle may be on the cards here. Maloney to stay in to draw Crowley and stop him going to Jones. Sellar to come into consideration depending on Chip

My outs: Bail, Bennell & Magner. possibly Spencer

Ins from: Gysberts, Green, Couch, Jamar, Cook & Sellar

B: Mcdonald Frawley Nicholson

HB: Rivers Watts Tapscott

C: Blease Grimes Trengove

HF: Sylvia Garland Howe

F: Dunn Martin Green

R: Jamar/Spencer, Jones, Gysberts

I/C & EMERGENCIES: Couch, Bate, Sellar, Maloney, Davey & Cook

Just hearing about the Pavs good play, we need tom Mac to come in for him.

Just hearing about the Pavs good play, we need tom Mac to come in for him.

May be praying for a Miracle there dee-luded

I would think he will be out more than one week.

Certainly won't fly to Darwin

Back for the GWS might be a good result

Yes afte

If couch can't get a run after 25 possies and 4 goals then he may as well give up now!

r

If couch can't get a run after 25 possies and 4 goals then he may as well give up now!

Yes after loosing to the Lions by Ten goals and Tigers by 2 goals 11 you would think there might be a chance for a forward who kicks 4 goals.

If he is not played this week why did we recruit him

I don't care who you pick as long as the can kick to a team mate...

We are the worst team in the comp when it comes to kicking effeminacy.

So many kicks on the weekend missed their mark or were pointlessly kicked to a pack situation.

Comparing us to auskick is a little unfair to the kiddies

I don't care who you pick as long as the can kick to a team mate...

We are the worst team in the comp when it comes to kicking effeminacy.

So many kicks on the weekend missed their mark or were pointlessly kicked to a pack situation.

Comparing us to auskick is a little unfair to the kiddies

I'm not sure that's a real word. But if you mean we kick like girls, maybe we re the best, not the worst.

• Like 1

I'd stick with Bennell - it's pointless to bring him in for one week, he needs a sustained opportunity to demonstrate his value, if any.

Sounds like Green earned his call-up which is great - Magner getting subbed is an indicator he needs a break.

Jamar and Tom McDonald are no brainers if fit.

It'll be interesting to see what happens because it sounds like Davey, Gysberts and Couch all have claims.

Cook would benefit from a start against GC and a stretch through the Saints and against GWS.