Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Lucas Cook - It's Time

Range Rover

I wouldn't limit it to just Cook. Play em all. I want to see if fit Gysberts,Davis,Cook,Jetta,Petterd and Tynan. I don't want to see Bail,Bate,Dunn (especially in the back line) and Moloney. I'm done with them for the year.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell
  • Like 2

I wouldn't limit it to just Cook. Play em all. I want to see if fit Gysberts,Davis,Cook,Jetta,Petterd and Tynan. I don't want to see Bail,Bate,Dunn (especially in the back line) and Moloney. I'm done with them for the year.

I think you will find that if they show the right intent and particularly defensive indicators at Casey then you will see them. If they dont then they should stay where they are. We have heard players talk before about being given games before their form at VFL warrants it. Let them get the form right and intent right and then by all means play them.

• Like 2

I think you will find that if they show the right intent and particularly defensive indicators at Casey then you will see them. If they dont then they should stay where they are. We have heard players talk before about being given games before their form at VFL warrants it. Let them get the form right and intent right and then by all means play them.

I know they require form purely as a supporter the season is done we are rooted so I would rather watch a VFL game and Under 18 games at the moment because watching the MFC is doing my head in. So as I said it's purely selfish but I want to see players who will be around for a while yesterday I watched players who will be De listed next year.

He's done nothing at VFL level to justify an AFL debut.

He would get absolutely mauled by AFL defenders when he can't fire consistently against VFL DEFENDERS!!!

And then there is the delivery inside 50 from our mids!!!

He's not a Patton or Cameron who's good enough to play straight away.

Don't agree. His form does not warrant it.

I said on another thread and I still reckon it's right, that he should debut round 19 v gold coast.

Give him 3 weeks minimum and he mostly will be up against opponents of similar size (gold coast, st kilda, and GWS in round 21).

Just screaming for kids is pointless but I agree we need Gys back and I'd like to see Jetta - he's been around long enough.

We can't keep this guy wrapped in cotton wool forever.

Pending a half-decent performance at Port Melbourne today, he should be picked to debut against Freo.

Or do we wait another two years?

Not ready and doesn't yet have the attitude.

I read on another thread that we shouldn't b giving away games..... this would be exactly that. Sends the wrong message IMO.

I read on another thread that we shouldn't b giving away games..... this would be exactly that. Sends the wrong message IMO.

As Stuie mentions above, he's been named emergency so clearly the match committee thinks he's on the cusp.

And we've been 'giving away' games to about 12 guys in the senior side all year. Why should Cook be any different.

• Like 3

Do you guys even watch VFL? Cook has been pretty good.

Far better option in the forward line than Rivers.

You massively underrate Rivers - who in a good side could easily hold down CHF pretty well, but for long term thinking with no McDonald or Sellar down back it's a reasonable idea to play Cook and send Rivers/Garland to the backline when required. Hell even play Cook down back for a percentage of the game as well

He's done nothing at VFL level to justify an AFL debut.

He would get absolutely mauled by AFL defenders when he can't fire consistently against VFL DEFENDERS!!!

And then there is the delivery inside 50 from our mids!!!

He's not a Patton or Cameron who's good enough to play straight away.

He's regularly kicked goals (even last week with limited supply and the team getting smashed). He has also featured in the best players a few times already this year. He's coming off the back of a limited pre-season and has certainly done more than Spencer in the VFL.

A solid performance today against good opposition should see him coming close to AFL selection.

• Like 1

You massively underrate Rivers - who in a good side could easily hold down CHF pretty well, but for long term thinking with no McDonald or Sellar down back it's a reasonable idea to play Cook and send Rivers/Garland to the backline when required. Hell even play Cook down back for a percentage of the game as well

I love Riv don't get me wrong, and he's done better than expected in the forward line, but he's such a great back that I don't understand why we wouldn't try and develop some young forwards while we're "experimenting" (and losing by 10 goals anyway).

• Like 4

Brad Green kicked 6 goals against Port Melbourne today,the best defenders in the VFL,what did Cook do?

Green is ready for the next step,that's what it takes and that's where Cook's game needs to get to.

What about Fitzy as a forward in the seniors? Had a good game today for Casey, albeit in the ruck. But he's being groomed as a forward/ruck and seems more advanced than Cook.

Not sold on throwing in Cook yet. Perhaps a game or two before the year's end, but I'd put Fitz in ahead of him at this stage.

Brad Green kicked 6 goals against Port Melbourne today,the best defenders in the VFL,what did Cook do?

Green is ready for the next step,that's what it takes and that's where Cook's game needs to get to.

Exactly, the last thing we need at the moment is another forward who can't kick goals.

What about Fitzy as a forward in the seniors? Had a good game today for Casey, albeit in the ruck. But he's being groomed as a forward/ruck and seems more advanced than Cook.

Not sold on throwing in Cook yet. Perhaps a game or two before the year's end, but I'd put Fitz in ahead of him at this stage.

More than happy for Fitzy to come in if Jamar isn't right at the expense of Spencer. Certainly don't want to play 3 rucks as it always fails. It seems Fitzpatrick (just like Martin) is actually a better ruck than a forward but I'd like to see how well he can do before the end of the year.

I'm really hoping his diagnosis of diabetes can actually help him train and prepare and not hinder him. Whilst he's a frustrating player he certainly has some talent in there somewhere.

There was a time when teams had real ' magoos' and players spent years playing there before promotion........and becoming AFL champions.Dunno about Cook (or Couch) just saying..

Would rather see Cook get a gig than Martin Dunn or Bate spudding it up again. You never know what the kids might show when you give them a crack McDonald seems to have done OK since coming in and you wouldn't really say he was blitzing the VFL for months before coming in.

Absolutely time for Cook. His form has been very good for a number of weeks and although he didn't get a goal today his gut running, lead-up marking, and kicking inside 50 was of a high standard in a high standard game of footy. Considering our forward 50 currently, Cook is a natural forward needs to get some time to show it.

• Like 2

Yeah look,... can see some valuable reasons for playing him, but I reckon 'Brains trust" still waiting for a "Taking game by the throat performance"

Having said that wouldn't be surprised to see him picked very soon and would like to see him get the opportunity!

Our team cant get any worse i hope.

Play the kid his only been on our list as a pick 12 for 2 years. FFS

All this crap is driving me crazy we the members need something to keep us going.

So show us what the kid has got we are a joke at the moment.

Dont tell me cook is not worth a shot.

Bate,Dunn,Bail,Spencer please. They earn there spot lol

• Like 1