• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Demanding Success

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JIMMY TOUMPAS

My quote won't work so agree with Redleg, reason I go into hibernation for a couple of months and don't post, nothing but page after page of bleugh!!!!!!! ....agree Wines is looking the goods but he is playing in a bloody good midfield, and Boak is the one with the hard tag, if you look at Tyson's stats he has the same numbers but the media forget he has only played 30 odd games, they don't count him as being in his 'second' year........... let's get another year into Toumpas, Tyson, Viney, Salem et al.....Redleg, humble pie is a wonderful meal for some on here

• Like 1

Hah. There is a ripping contribution from Clint Bizkit on the last page of that thread. :)

Making the big call on a young player is fraught with danger ... either way.

As long as a club has got the right sort of FD, they are in a far better position to judge a player who has only been in the system for a few years. A draftee obviously needs to "show something" but the way the game has advanced has made it harder for a 1st or 2nd year player to step straight in. Some do of course but not nearly as many as some might think. The jump from under 18 footy to AFL level is enormous.

The other notable thing was that Nathan was 2nd in our B&F in his 2nd year (2007) but there were still some here who wanted to trade him (at the end of 2008)

There is a saying, "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Only when he embraces THIS land as his home and not Greece, will he ever even have a chance of being credible.

Edited by tonatopia

Only when he embraces THIS land as his home, will he ever even have a chance of being credible.

marvellous sentiment

and its point here ?

• Like 1

Only when he embraces THIS land as his home and not Greece, will he ever even have a chance of being credible.

:wacko:

• Like 2

:wacko:

good...thought i was alone

I will be happy if either Toumpas or Trengove make the jump back to AFL.

VFL can be a lonely place. Plenty of work to do for both lads.

But.. Roos is the right man for the job.

If Roos can't get them back in the seniors then no one can.

Dont get me wrong Id jump for joy for Jimmy to enjoy an injury free and fruitful preseason only to step into his hoped role.

For Jack to get back...yeeha!!

Lets see what happens

Every time I think I have just read the stupidest post yet, someone else comes along and takes the crown. Well done

• Like 7

WTF sort of comment is that. Why don't you have the balls to say what you mean fella?

• Like 1

Yes but will they make the jump back at Melbourne; there has been talk in the papers that one or both may be traded.

With posts like yours, given the choice, I'd take Greece any day.

A statement attributed to Dr Johnson, who also said "no man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money". Probably explains why you write things without any expectation of payment.

put it this way BB, every team that passed up Ollie including GWS and the Bulldogs are seriously regretting it

he is easily the best player from that draft and imo better than O'meara

no way is he better than O'Meara. His terrific finals game notwithstanding he didn't get selected in the best under 21 side. Now that's probably a decision but at the risk of being accused of flaming I reckon he is overarted. For one thing he is a crap kick, which is one reason I assume we didn't take him given we already have enough of them.
  • Like 1

Yes but will they make the jump back at Melbourne; there has been talk in the papers that one or both may be traded.

I have a sneaky feeling you will be right. I get the sense that all talk of Jimmy will become moot come trade week.

Roos wont want a brigade of NQR's holding us back, he'll seek to cut losses and unload in trades for what he can reasonably get. Track record suggests he may bag some one out of left field.

If you can take 3 under-performers who may attract interest and make that into 2 half decent meat and veg returns then we're better off.

Roos is a great believer in the What is , Is maxim. Hes had a year to have a good look. A lot of Melbourne fans wont be happy come this EOS as they see their pet players shipped off. I wont be one

• Like 1

Hi Pauline!

ban this guy

ban this guy

Can't do that - he's a small business owner...

FMD.

Why is that a large number of people want to ban everyone they don't agree with these days?

WTF sort of comment is that. Why don't you have the balls to say what you mean fella?

Ok, to be born in this country and claim to be Greek, wreaks of separatism and elitism. It is a delusion that is not grounded in reality.

Jimmy stynes can claim to be Irish, because he was born there, no problem. But people who are 1,2,3 & even forth generation Australian citizens, and still claim to be from another country, shows a sense of cultural arrogance, that they are better than us. Honestly, they believe they are better, many Isrealis have the same attitude. Funny that they don't make good team players. Very rare.

Most ethnicities that immigrate to this land, embrace this land as their own. It is funny how these ethnicities tend to make good footballers in character, durability and numbers per capita. Immigrants from Malta, Croatia, Italy, Germany and Ireland for example, are good examples of peoples who come here and encourage their children to embrace this land and it's culture. Not true of Greeks in general.

To be born here and say your from somewhere else. Wtf is that about? Separation, arrogance, elitism, Fear?

I am not racist, I just can't stand Patriots, even Aussie Patriots. We are all human and no one is better than anyone else based on the land they come from.

Those people that cling to their parents, grand parents or even great parents country of origin, and claim it as their own, separating themselves from their true origin of birth, tend to have weakness of character and do not make quality team players.

The great thing about Melbourne is the multi-culturalism, there is very little patriotism. When you come to Melbourne, you are melbournian, not friggin Greek.

End rant

• Like 1

Ok this thread is getting ridiculous now and out of hand. We aren't talking about Jimmy Toumpas the footballer not Jimmy Toumpas the religious, ethnic or whatever.

And if HH got a holiday for that comment then jeez Ton would come pretty close.

Actually, give me a life ban, this joint is stale. Too many yes men.

For the record I said the following;

No to bailey

No to neeld

Wines over toumpas

You all shot me down.

Ban me, please.