Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Leave this club Colin Sylvia

Ryan Dee

Don't you dare laugh and joke straight after the game. I have had enough and he was shocking.

I saw that and thought the same thing, cya Colin. What a disgrass youve been looked after when other clubs wouldve sacked you.

Neeld will be furious. I already feel like Neeld doesn't like him (and Craig had similar comments on the footy show the other night about seriously needing to clean up his behaviour).

It really sucks. Sylvia has been my favourite player for a long time. When he's on, hes strong, has a beautiful long kick and can take a great mark. Such a waste.

we have more players than just sylvia. Sure, seeing Sylvia joking around wasn't what you wanted to see but at least we know he can play footy when he is on. At season's end I'd like to see the following players OFF the list: Bail, Bate, Bartram, Morton, Watts, Bennell, Davey, McDonald, Macdonald, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Green and Jetta. Thats 13 players. Mcdonald may surprise a few but his kicking is pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Sylvia has had too many chances. he's part of the problem. I agree with all the above culls but you can add Sylvia and Moloney to that list. If you really 'bleed red and blue' you'd hurt yourself trying to wint he ball not just sit back dumb founded. Jurrah will be in jail soon.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

we have more players than just sylvia. Sure, seeing Sylvia joking around wasn't what you wanted to see but at least we know he can play footy when he is on. At season's end I'd like to see the following players OFF the list: Bail, Bate, Bartram, Morton, Watts, Bennell, Davey, McDonald, Macdonald, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Green and Jetta. Thats 13 players. Mcdonald may surprise a few but his kicking is pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

You are kidding, WATTS played a good game and may have found a spot. Bartram is almost our most consistant back, Bennell is starting to come on, McDonald will be a player, Fitzpatrick will be a player, and Morton has been ok and will be better with cleaner disposal players around him. the rest I agree and you can include Maloney if he wants the footy world to know he is available then rack off. He has lost his passion for the melb footy club, it may not be his fault but he has. so that is 8 gone, draft 6 and buy two leaders.

• Like 2

I used to defend our players like you but I can tell you from today's game that Watts was terrible. he panics too often and causes more turnovers than just about anyone else. Bartram tries but he has never been AFL standard, Bennell has had too many chances, Morton is a Tambling and its too soon to say on the other youngsters. We endless give these guys patience and year after year to come on. I can tell you that all of these guys would last five minutes in elite sides.

I think a midfield of Blease, Gysberts, Viney and McKenzie with Jones and Trengove might offer something in the future but the biggest stand out stat of the game was the lack of possession of our older players. they are clearly not interested and they cant all be out of form. Now its up to Neeld to finally make a stand and show them the door.

I used to defend our players like you but I can tell you from today's game that Watts was terrible.

Rack off with your Watts bashing. He was decent today. 34 touches is not a bad game huh?

Try bagging someone over 21, how about Sylvia, Moloney, Davey, Jamar... All were FAR worse than Watts.

• Like 6

Bail has shown potential. If bad kicking is your reason for getting rid of someone, virtually the entire side can go.

Grimes has shocking kicking. Do you want to get rid of him? No, because he brings a lot more to the table. As does McDonald.

Dunn should be on your list.

Sylvia is and always has been a wasted talent. He has always been a lazy, selfish and uncommitted player.

I've called for him to be traded over the last 2 years regularly on 'Ology and been ridiculed for it. The club also thought me to be wrong obvioulsy and now we are left with someone who looks like he will be worthless at the trade table the way he is going.

• Like 3

Rack off with your Watts bashing. He was decent today. 34 touches is not a bad game huh?

Try bagging someone over 21, how about Sylvia, Moloney, Davey, Jamar... All were FAR worse than Watts.

Watts wasnt the worst but he was great at creating scoring opportunities for the opposition. Turnover in the second quarter, he mops up and kicks again - second turnover. I cant blame him really - the 'role models' at the club are a joke. The possession count indicates that the only players that turned up were our younger players. Blease looked good. Perhaps in the future a midfield of Blease, Gysberts and Viney might breath some life into the club. I can only hope.

We have hit rock bottom. You can defend the players all you like mate but get back to me when we have a win.

Sylvia is and always has been a wasted talent. He has always been a lazy, selfish and uncommitted player.

I've called for him to be traded over the last 2 years regularly on 'Ology and been ridiculed for it. The club also thought me to be wrong obvioulsy and now we are left with someone who looks like he will be worthless at the trade table the way he is going.

We held on to Miller for potential as well.

haha fair enough mate.

I edited that - thought it was too inflammatory and wondered if my anger about my team was being redirected to a pointless internet argument LOL

If people think Watts was good this afternoon, they know nothing about modern footy.

He was as soft as butter, panicked, refused to fill a hole or put his body on the line.

Watch the Bombers v Tiges game and watch that intensity - our team has NONE of that!!!!!

• Like 2

If people think Watts was good this afternoon, they know nothing about modern footy.

He was as soft as butter, panicked, refused to fill a hole or put his body on the line.

Watch the Bombers v Tiges game and watch that intensity - our team has NONE of that!!!!!

I don't know if that's directed at me, but I'm not saying he had a great game, lots of poor disposal, but 34 touches in a high pressure part of the ground is a decent effort, could have played better, but was far from our worst. Just think he gets crucified too much for a guy that only recently turned 21.

• Like 5

I don't know if that's directed at me, but I'm not saying he had a great game, lots of poor disposal, but 34 touches in a high pressure part of the ground is a decent effort, could have played better, but was far from our worst. Just think he gets crucified too much for a guy that only recently turned 21.

No, stuie, not at all - I'd rather the boy get 10 touches, lay 10 tackles and get 10 effective spoils.

Several times tonight (this arvo) he had the opportunity to run into a hole and perform this role properly, but he didn't.

He might get crucified, but he brings most of this onto himself. Jack's reputation is now made - what is he going to do about it?