Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

There's a game on in Sydney today at 4.40pm and I thought I'd get in early because all week I've had this gut feeling that the Demons would record their first win of the season. I based that on the fact that the club's injury woes seem to be diminishing to reasonable levels whilst the Swans, without Goodes, Mumford and Rohan and with a few others out of form, are in a spot of bother. They're ripe for the picking even if the game is on their home patch and a place where Melbourne hasn't played for several years. I also believe that the tight confines might suit us a little better while we're coming to grips with the new game plan.

Since team selection on Thursday, I've grown more confident about our winning prospects. The blokes we've picked and those we haven't dropped give the team a bit of flair and, dare I say, pace. I'm hoping that today we're going to be less one-paced and show a bit more out of the midfield and into attack than we have so far this year. A good start and accurate disposal around the ground and in front of goals will help.

But what really got me going was the realisation that today, for the first time, we will have all of the players displayed on the 2012 Demonland banner (above) in our starting 22. Jimmy won't be there but I'm sure his spirit will be hovering over the SCG to spur our blokes on to victory.

And what a great tribute it is to the AFL Indigenous Round that we have Jamie Bennell, Aaron Davey and Liam Jurrah in the side? In what must be one of the toughest seasons in our rich history these blokes have really done it tough and this evening will be the perfect time for them to retake their rightful places within the team and the game they play.

So those who might scoff at my confidence about today, it's more than just "the vibe" as Tiriel Mora would say in The Castle but rather, it's built on solid ground. I hope that in around 11 hours' time we'll be celebrating Mark Neeld's first win!

• Like 4

I'm hearing you WJ first time since Round 1 I have been confident of a win, against Saints I had a feeling of a good showing for some unknown reason.

I have had similar feeling all week and think the size of the SCG will suit our contested footy and quick kick into the forward line game.

I put $50 on the boys at $9 crazy maybe, Swans aren't playing great so that wiith my gut feel and the law of averages which says drought has to break some time soon.

Dees by 15points

Guest Jackie

Sydney form: L L

Melbourne form: L L

We're equals! We should win! :)

Our form LLLLLLL. Some are more equal than others and we have a ripper of a chance to play them back into form.

Thanks Jack. I share your confidence, but unfortunately, not your way with words. This one is an absolute gem "The blokes we've picked and those we haven't dropped ...............".

Agree we are a good chance this week. If we can lift in the middle and feed our forward line we'll certainly stretch the Swans.

I like the way Lyon in The Age today put the acid on Moloney, Trengove, Sylvia and Jurrah. He's an astute football and Melbourne observer and rarely "calls out" players if they are not cherry ripe to lift. If this foursome do lift, we should be in for a more pleasant arvo at the Pub watching the game than usual.

Go Dees

Thanks for another great post WJ.

I too have a good feeling about this game. Team (on paper) looks better than it has all year!

Being in Darwin, I could be going to see WB vs GC tonight for a bit of fun, but have decided to stay home to watch the game. I hope it works out!

GO DEES :D

I'm off to see the Dees for the first time this year. On paper we should win. But we won't, the Swans play with great character and that's something we're still learning. So mainly just taking my little boy to see Jurrah. Can't wait. Should be great.

• Like 1

If our midfield decides to play we are a big chance. Goals can be scored from near the centre at the SCG.

If our midfield is dysfunctional like most of this season we will be flogged.

Sydney are disciplined. What the MFC needs to learn as a given.

Well last week we dragged Hawthorn down to our level for a quarter... unfortunately they recovered to play some very very poor football that we weren't good enough to match over the second half.

I'm hoping for improvement but expecting a solid loss

I also have a good feeling about today being our first win for the season. I also read Gary Lyon's article today with interest. I hope that the boys do us all proud. I have changed my plans today so I can be home in front of the TV at 4.40pm. Go Dees!!

good post WJ "today, for the first time, we will have all of the players displayed on the 2012 Demonland banner (above) in our starting 22" nice pickup.. it's a shame that Jonesy is the only one who can hold his head up so far this year. Let's hope a few of the others can play near their best today cos God do we need them to. Looking at the 22 and remembering each player at their best, I simply can't understand why we are playing so horribly. Surely Clark, Jurrah, Watts and Howe can manage a winning score between them, on individual merits they really should be one of the best offensive lineups in the comp. C'mon! Swans average scoreline is 96-77 ours is 67-118 huge turnaround required

I refuse to get my hopes up. I'll be thrilled if we win, but twice this season I've looked at our team and thought us a good chance, and both times we were soundly beaten by hungrier sides. Sydney are a hard, experienced and disciplined outfit playing on their home turf. I can't see us getting over the line.

I'm off to see the Dees for the first time this year. On paper we should win. But we won't, the Swans play with great character and that's something we're still learning. So mainly just taking my little boy to see Jurrah. Can't wait. Should be great.

I'm doing the same Ned and taking my youngest. Taking the camera to hopefully get a few shots of Jurrah and Howe in action. We'll be in Bay 10.

Edited by hardtack