• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

We are18th. How did this happen?

I was at the GWS game in Manuka, and both teams right now wouldn't just beat us, they'd do it comfortably.

In Neeld we trust? Hm...a baptism of fire yes, but the early signs of his tenure aren't good. I'm more worried about the club this season than I ever have been. The feeling of powerlessness makes it worse. I've written to the club and signed up for additional memberships to show faith, but at the end of the day you just have to sit back and watch the trainwreck unfold.

Seriously great stuff mate!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the thing that kills me the most? That [censored] Scully got a win before our boys did. This is just so humiliating.

Rubbish! For too long MFC supporters have quietly accepted failure and have NOT voiced passionate concerns about the club!

Under Bailey we played the football equivalent of run and gun! Dishonest, forward running, unaccountable bruise free football. It was never more evident to me than the North Melbourne loss at Etiha

Are we so confused and befuddled and it looks like we have no clue how to play anymore

I am not for a minute going to suggest I understand what is going on down there, but I did deliberately watch from behind the goals this week as opposed to my normal position on the wing. What did surprise me form this position was how often we got confused on who was marking who and then players just seemed to make snap decisions instead of communicating, often converging on the same players and leaving one and sometimes two players free. Defensive breakdowns really will hurt us if continued.

I am not for a minute going to suggest I understand what is going on down there, but I did deliberately watch from behind the goals this week as opposed to my normal position on the wing. What did surprise me form this position was how often we got confused on who was marking who and then players just seemed to make snap decisions instead of communicating, often converging on the same players and leaving one and sometimes two players free. Defensive breakdowns really will hurt us if continued.

That really concerns me..it's just basic tactics. Every other side can work these things out. Why do we have a 7 week mental block??

The blame falls flatley with the board who hired neeld as head coach.

Neeld has taken us so far back that we would struggle against half of the VFL.

He has taken whatever this team has learnt over the last 4 years and completely thrown it out the window.

Such a drastic step and we are now paying for the consequences

Worst post I have ever read on this forum.

• Like 4

How on earth can you blame Garry for the inept performances of most of the team. The only way you can link Garry with our performance is with being part of the group who chose Neeld. So you are saying that it is the Coach's fault that we have a few sooky la la's in the team and a few players who are just not up to AFL level. Get a grip - stop making excuses for a very poor playing team. Look a bit further back to why our No.1 picks have just not come on like other teams top picks. I am as shattered as anyone else but dont seek blame where non is due.

You can put some blame onto Gary Lyon for the inept performances...he was part of the team responsible for putting Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld into the job.

Seems im wrong , the sky apparently is falling!! well according to many here it is and already the knives are out snd the blame game's in full swing.

Have some of you guys got any nerve ? Can you stand the heat of the forge ?

The way some here drop their bundle at the slightest sign of hatdship makes me wonder if brown cords ought not be offiial uniform of demons !!!

• Like 3
Guest Jackie

Seems im wrong , the sky apparently is falling!! well according to many here it is and already the knives are out snd the blame game's in full swing.

The way some here drop their bundle at the slightest sign of hatdship makes me wonder if brown cords ought not be offiial uniform of demons !!!

Slightest sign of hardship? We have been putting up with this shyte for years. If its no big deal to you then be welcome to wallow in shyte for the rest of your life.

• Like 2

The more [censored] I read about us in the media the more I want to punch some of those arrogant pricks in the face.

Seriously. I understand why they can't, but the club should shut up shop as much as possible with the media for the rest of the year. Do the absolute minimum and nothing more. I'm sick of them harping on about us, do not give them a story.

How come the Dees never seem to be able to snap up potential stars in other leagues? I'm thinking of Pupolou and Duigan from the SANFL for instance. First draft picks are all well & good but we need experience. Time has run out. What we have now is day-care for certain picks that will take years to mature. Are our recruiters asleep at the wheel? Whilst I think Neeld should given a go, I fail to comprehend how Craig is on the coaching staff, given his game-plan history with the Crows.

How come the Dees never seem to be able to snap up potential stars in other leagues? I'm thinking of Pupolou and Duigan from the SANFL for instance. First draft picks are all well & good but we need experience. Time has run out. What we have now is day-care for certain picks that will take years to mature. Are our recruiters asleep at the wheel? Whilst I think Neeld should given a go, I fail to comprehend how Craig is on the coaching staff, given his game-plan history with the Crows.

Howe and Magner...? Both mature age players from state leagues.

The more i think about 2010 the more i cant believe the situation we are in now... 8 wins. A draw and a one point loss to the eventual premiers. That infamous friday night game against the Bulldogs. The game against Freo (in Perth) where we stormed home and nearly snatched it. Average loss margin in the very respectable 20-30pt region.

now look at us... hmm

Alot off the distress is coming from the media, I wouldn't be surprised if trolls were behind this uprising of hate, for the club...

We've copped a lot of crap over the last couple of years, if anybody knows how to deal with this situation, it's a MFC supporter......

Alot off the distress is coming from the media, I wouldn't be surprised if trolls were behind this uprising of hate, for the club...

We've copped a lot of crap over the last couple of years, if anybody knows how to deal with this situation, it's a MFC supporter......

Start winning games

And it will all go away, it is that simple

• Like 2

Connolly has nothing to do with the players now.......CS has to job of running the club....which has demolished a 5 million dollar debt....The board has spent money on the FD and brought in a very professional team which are 6 months into their tenure....I understand it is very frustating......It's about the players understanding a defensive mindset which will win games and finals not just look pretty every now and then....We will suck it up and we will go forward even if you can't see it now......By the way CS is not responsible for how the players play.......Connolly was has the best record as a coach at Freo........

Winning games is the only answer.

Any crap written about Essendon lately??

Winning is it. We deserve what we get at the mo.

Still the season may not be a total loss, we are currently 9/1 for the spoon. (GC 3, GWS 1.50) Get on, while you still can!

Edited by Wadda We Sing

for what its worth all dockers members that i know are convinced Schwab and Connelly are the root of all evil

I have no idea what CC even does at the club any more and haven't for nearly 12 months.

I have no idea what CC even does at the club any more and haven't for nearly 12 months.

I actually think he's ok, but the blazers and the rest of the romantic navel gazing could have waited until we had won a few games!

I actually think he's ok, but the blazers and the rest of the romantic navel gazing could have waited until we had won a few games!

Yes i think the Blazers would be quite a good buy on ebay right now...a real Bargain!!!
  • Like 2

Yes i think the Blazers would be quite a good buy on ebay right now...a real Bargain!!!

Only if you need something for a fancy dress party wyl.

I cannot think of anyother reason why you would want one.

When Vlad said the MFC stood for nothing, I wonder if CC and CS thought they could fix that with all this romantic heritage sh!t (blazers, collar on jumper, traditional style logo, etc). Being the oldest club that wrote the rules doesn't mean JS to most supporters outside of our club.

Winning games consistently and finishing up the pointy end of the ladder will show we stand for something.

When Vlad said the MFC stood for nothing, I wonder if CC and CS thought they could fix that with all this romantic heritage sh!t (blazers, collar on jumper, traditional style logo, etc). Being the oldest club that wrote the rules doesn't mean JS to most supporters outside of our club.

Winning games consistently and finishing up the pointy end of the ladder will show we stand for something.

Moving past the lazy, nothing statement from the AFL about 'not standing for anything' how are the 'jack sh!t' observations of our heritage getting in the way of us playing good football?

No-one cares about losers. That is a statement upon which we can agree?

Then why even bring up side issues like the blazers? They are not a distraction to success are they?

Our awful performances and uninspired play and instruction are.

Worry about that.

Slightest sign of hardship? We have been putting up with this shyte for years. If its no big deal to you then be welcome to wallow in shyte for the rest of your life.

B59 is right. It's not about accepting the woeful performances, it's about understanding the reality of our situation and being patient. Neeld may have thrown out everything we've learned but maybe that's what needed to happen. I'm sick of half measures. I've seen enough bandaid approaches over the years to convince me that tinkering around with the problems is not the way. Neeld is doing more than coaching a team of footballers. He is changing the culture of a club that has wallowed in mediocrity for the last 50 years.

Culture doesn't change over night. Sometimes you need to come to a complete halt before you can change direction. You need to know where you want to go and how you're going to get there before you can even begin. That's where we are now. We have stopped being Melbourne of the past and are embarking on a journey into the future. We will get the right bums on the right bus and get the right bums on the right seats. Then we'll be a football club again. Until then we have to have faith. Neeld must be given time to do his job.

In the meantime, maintain the rage, demand high performance, ask questions, but support what is happening. We will be great again. It's a long time since I've been this excited about the MFC.