Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

We are18th. How did this happen?

BIG JIM

The way GWS have played and the way we are playing, we would lose... simple.

GWS show more hardness and attack on the ball and man than we do. That is not an indictment that is downright embarrassing. How can a club that has been around for 150 years have such a pathetic soft underbelly? I seriously can't understand how some of our players can show their faces in public I would be ashamed.

I think Howe is a class act and when you think he has played only 20 games in a very average side, would be a star with a Collingwood or Hawthorn.

I won't write him off but until he can start converting his set shots (especially ones from the top of the goalsquare) I'm not going to expect more from him than any of our other hacks.

• Like 1

As tough as it has been for us demon fans and we have an absolute gutful of losing and mediocore performances come end of the season we should take advantage of our picks. We will get 2 picks inside the top 5 pick 11 ish and pick 19ish.Ok, assuming we finish 2nd last We use pick 2 on Viney, pick 3 on another topline athlete of a mid and with picks 11 and 19 get some more midfield depth.

Trade period we move a couple of passengers on. People may also may disagree but in Free Agency we should consider looking at a couple of 28 year old experienced players whom can help our aspiring group of mids. ATM Leadership is seriously lacking in the midfield. if Jamar and Moloney wish to go then bye bye. Players like a Jude Bolton, Black and co who still believe they have something too offer should be considered. I love Trengove and Grimes but, since Moloney and co aren't helping out much atm 2 or 3 of those blokes i would entertain as like a playing mentor/ lead buy example for them.

What i can't understand is why we have the dumbest footballers in the competition. Last year they couldn't understand the Bailey game plan and this year they can't grasp the Neeld plan; just how ....... hard is it to get the message through to these guys?

I don't know what the plan is but they have had the whole of the pre season and the first 7 games and they still seem to be lost, wtf is going on?

The game plan I would like to see is the one where everybody stays outside 50 leaving Mitch Clarke and his opponent one on one......

we must play the kid's because the senior players dont give a crap about this club. Moloney coming out to test the market is a clear sighn that he has no respect for the club that 2 years ago he would have killed for IMO. So brent thanks for your time and dont forget to close the door on your way out.

we must play the kid's because the senior players dont give a crap about this club. Moloney coming out to test the market is a clear sighn that he has no respect for the club that 2 years ago he would have killed for IMO. So brent thanks for your time and dont forget to close the door on your way out.

Moloney is one of the things wrong with the club. Looks great when things are going his way, goes missing when it doesn't, and when he is told to lift he thinks it will be easier to walk.

Screw him. He can go the way of players like Bruce and McLean, plus a couple of others, that found out exactly how mediocre they were at clubs that didn't accept it.

To be fair I think he has the right to get his market value and reward like any other pro .He is a good clubman and probably deserves a bit more love from the fans as he is one himself .He's not perfect either but he is definitely trying . Edited by Biffen

To be fair I think he has the right to get his market value and reward like any other pro .He is a good clubman and probably deserves a bit more love from the fans as he is one himself .He's not perfect either but he is definitely trying .

I accept your thought but i have stuck up for moloney so many time's and he just doe's not seemed interested in this club like he once did so im thinking the way the club is going it's best if both parties say goodbye.

We dont have hardness around our midfield, you look at scott thompson at the crows, we failed to keep him, its a reflection as a club? Maybe its changing now with better facilities & more support staff etc.

I dont know why Magna was not in the midfield, very hard & sad that a rookie is one of our better players! Jones busts his arse. Were is Moloney & Silvia experienced players???

The game plan I would like to see is the one where everybody stays outside 50 leaving Mitch Clarke and his opponent one on one......

Pagan's paddock? Every forward was defensive side of the 50, allowing Carey one out.....

Wouldn't work with the press. Having said that, the Roos' midfield was fantastic and they trusted each other to win the one on one scrap.

I have had a good think about friday night now and it really is a worry that since 2007 we have not made any in roads to Hawthorne. As a club with lots of high draft picks we should really be getting closer then 10 goal thumpings. In 2010 we played some good footy against Hawthorne and lost by 27 point's i think. We also almost beat the best side that year twice. So i think at that time we were showing all the things you should see from a young up and coming team. So between 2010 and 2011 something went really wrong with devolpment of all our young future stars. Who is to blame for this tha'ts the question we as members should be told, because we now sit 18th and are looking at a rebuild again and we have been given nothing but crap like Base camp/Games into kids/Gameplan/they need more time together this has been since 2006/7 we now sit 18th in round 7 2012. How much time do we need?

I have had a good think about friday night now and it really is a worry that since 2007 we have not made any in roads to Hawthorne. As a club with lots of high draft picks we should really be getting closer then 10 goal thumpings. In 2010 we played some good footy against Hawthorne and lost by 27 point's i think. We also almost beat the best side that year twice. So i think at that time we were showing all the things you should see from a young up and coming team. So between 2010 and 2011 something went really wrong with devolpment of all our young future stars. Who is to blame for this tha'ts the question we as members should be told, because we now sit 18th and are looking at a rebuild again and we have been given nothing but crap like Base camp/Games into kids/Gameplan/they need more time together this has been since 2006/7 we now sit 18th in round 7 2012. How much time do we need?

As much time as it takes unfortunately.....What else are you going to do........All Moloney's manager has said is that he would be mad not to test the waters....That's all.....And I think any player on the FA list would be doing that.....We now have a very professional coaching system in place and we are learning a defensive game plan.....We are 2 years behind other sides who have already learned it and are implementing it.....It is the way you win finals games.......Lets not be to depressed,it will turn......

As much time as it takes unfortunately.....What else are you going to do........All Moloney's manager has said is that he would be mad not to test the waters....That's all.....And I think any player on the FA list would be doing that.....We now have a very professional coaching system in place and we are learning a defensive game plan.....We are 2 years behind other sides who have already learned it and are implementing it.....It is the way you win finals games.......Lets not be to depressed,it will turn......

I think it will turn to but how long do we have to wait now its been along time 2007.

I think it will turn to but how long do we have to wait now its been along time 2007.

Mate I've been going and supporting the Dee since 1960....I saw the last premiership.......I still can't wait for every season to start in the belief that this will be our year.....Same will happen next year and the next......My age tells me thing turn eventually....Stay strong...

Maybe we should look at how the Redsox turned around a losing culture and poor success? LOL

Hope we can be a little more urgent with a result !!!

Mate I've been going and supporting the Dee since 1960....I saw the last premiership.......I still can't wait for every season to start in the belief that this will be our year.....Same will happen next year and the next......My age tells me thing turn eventually....Stay strong...

Cheers mate i still go every week because i love the dees

Same year as me Bossdog but after the last five years mate I am struggling to "stay Strong"

The pain is getting to much to bare.

Much more of this and I will retire to the Amateurs.

It is much more fun and the I don't have to keep putting my hand in my pocket to sustain generations of poor performance.

Good to have the faith!

I followed since the 70s as a young boy & they were dark days, saw great times in the late 80s & should won a flag with Northey, Balmey had the best goal to goal line up but only 1 finals series, Daniher how we played in 6 final series & a GF with no training facilities & no money, board issues etc goes to show u if the attitude & effort is there! I can say that this is the worst performing list in my lifetime & with no leaders on field, even when we had poor years in the past we had good leaders, Neitz,Viney,Stynes,Lyon,Flower,Healy,Alves, Wells, Ditterich

• Like 3

Good to have the faith!

I followed since the 70s as a young boy & they were dark days, saw great times in the late 80s & should won a flag with Northey, Balmey had the best goal to goal line up but only 1 finals series, Daniher how we played in 6 final series & a GF with no training facilities & no money, board issues etc goes to show u if the attitude & effort is there! I can say that this is the worst performing list in my lifetime & with no leaders on field, even when we had poor years in the past we had good leaders, Neitz,Viney,Stynes,Lyon,Flower,Healy,Alves, Wells, Ditterich

Yes. We have hit the bottom. No doubt about it. I do not want to hear about Blazers again for a long time. ...no offence Harold.

But we must release the past. The future and now need 100%.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about it all day. All I can hope for is that in the next 4 weeks we play some good footy and do better than expected, because if we cop 4 big floggings we won't have any supporters at the GWS game, apart from me and a few who'll turn up for Scully hating

• Like 2

This has happened because the decision has been made to transform our gameplan entirely (as well as introduce a lot of changes in other areas). I am not saying this was not needed and it may serve us in the long term but it is more pain in the short term. We need to be careful – too much change too quickly, is a tight-rope situation indeed.

least if it stays like this we can turn the tide come draft period and do a handshake deal with GWS that we'll let Lachie Whitfield slip through for first pick of a 17yr old.

Lauchie is a skinny mid. what we dont need anyway

One of my questions is how people on here can be talking about us finishing second last or even 3rd last? To put it simply, we are far and away the worst team in the comp and there is no chance of us winning a game this year. People should take their money and get on that, its still paying pretty good odds...for now, won't after GWS give us a pasting on the G.

On saying that, I will keep going each week as I do, continue to punish myself for some unknown reason. One other positive is that at least it doesn't take long to get out of the ground when we are playing due to the fact that no-one watches us (was there more than 5000 melbourne supporters there on friday night? All I saw was brown and gold!). Come the GWS game they might even let me park up on the concourse!!