Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Melbourne Supporters & Our Kids - I Need Your Advice

Guest Dr Who

If you asked me that 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years ago I would have said no.

But the last 12-15 months there is a massive shift.

But today I'm not so sure - Do we stand alone? (I hope not - but I think we might)

Do we stand above or below GC17 & GWS with premiership upside?

You're dee-luded if you think four years of crap footy under Bailey will have no impact on people. The tide will turn under Neeld but until it does you'll have to put up with the nuff-nuffs.

Even when we do, you won't be able to avoid them because you can't legislate out nuff-nuff-ism.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest Dr Who

You're dee-luded if you think four years of crap footy under Bailey will have no impact on people. The tide will turn under Neeld but until it does you'll have to put up with the nuff-nuffs.

Even when we do, you won't be able to avoid them because you can't legislate out nuff-nuff-ism.

oh yes Bailey is to blame - how silly of me? wasn't it BP last week - are you changing your tune?

Listen to your own hero - but you probably didn't

Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain - Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain

Ps His concert was magic when he came to Melbourne probably one of the best New Romantics

Edited by Dr Who

Dr. W..The reality people have been screaming and going of their collective Banana's at the football for over 100 years..

I sympathize that your daughters are not happy in the crowd, but my advice is to take them to the movies until they are old enough to understand.

When 30,000-70,000 people get together on a saturday afternoon...they are going to let off steam....some more than others.

oh yes Bailey is to blame - how silly of me? wasn't BP last week - are you changing your tune?

Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain - Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain

Ps His concert was magic when he came to Melbourne probably one of the best New Romantics

BP and Bailey, yep. The ones who got the lemonade and sarsaparilla.

???? What does this all mean....I think the Good Dr. W & DeeLuded have been tapping into the same mind bending substances lately.

Just a thought.

Dr Who, I highly recommend the Deezone - won't be much of that there as it's designed to be family friendly and they officially tell the nuff-nuffs to sit down.

Admittedly, I get exasperated at our players. I have my whipping boys. But I'll gladly pipe up and congratulate them when they do the right thing.

To the bloke who heard the dill abusing Watts though - was that in the Olympic? There was one of those there, and I wanted to tell him to [censored] off because he had a good game.

Bad behaviour by those supporters........ but frustration due to

48 yrs of no flags!

No Heart!

last 5 yrs of rebuilding & no improvement!

Looking at possible 0-11 ( look at our draw)

I know I will get shot down, but its only so much supporters can take!

• Like 1

I know I will get shot down, but its only so much supporters can take!

Doesn't excuse people acting like filth. It's one thing to let rip with a few choice words or to have a loud whinge but there's a big difference between that and people being outright abusive or threatening.

Also doesn't help that the TV loves showing people acting like fools about umpiring decisions. Hardly discouraging.

Here is some great advice... put yourself and your daughters on the MCC waiting list.. and enjoy all the games... including finals..

Nah, was in the MCC next to a pie fan on Queens Birtday in their premiership year and he was continually yelling at that ............ Wellingham.

All clubs have total D...Heads as supporters, I still remember the Dee supporter I challenged at the G calling Greg Heally gutless when he was playing with a broken cheekbone. I try not to get sucked in anymore, they aren't worth my waste of breath.

By the way "Who" I'm sorry your kids have to put up with this rubbish.

I know this is going to sound radical - but I feel much of its Alcohol driven. IMHO Melbourne should make a stance on alcohol & make the whole ground apart from Dinning rooms - Alcohol Free at our Home games.

Mate alcohol is the only thing that gets me through Melbourne games these days. I understand your concern but this is the footy not a Wiggles concert. If you don't like who you sit near sit somewhere else (top deck is usually pretty empty at MFC games).

And if your kids ask you next time why someone is bagging Macdonald the whole game just tell them it is because he is rubbish.

so if you cant say anything positive please dont.

But I'm having a massive problem with Melbourne supporters at games - they are turning off our kids. Sadly, kids have been very difficult for us to attract.

At a few games this year - my daughter turned to me and said "Dad why is that man screaming & abusing our players?"

She said "no dad he is wearing the same scarf as us"

My daughter recenly said to me - Dad I dont want to go to Melbourne games I get scared.

They hate the aggression shown at Melbourne games. Now bizarrely they have been to other games where Melbourne have not played and we never seem to have a problem.

Oh I should add in the first game they could not understand why Melbourne supporters where booing our players

please dont be negative.

A/ we bring their friends they never seem to get into the Melbourne spirit I've had upto 5 kids wearing the red and the blue but they just don't stick.

B/ when my kids go to other games with their friends they never have any problems.

I've just noticed in the last 12-15 months mfc fans getting more frustrated more aggressive - I'm sorry but it's scaring our kids away

Oh and I should say opposition supporters rolling their eyes & laughing at some of our supporters more and more.

I hope you are right winning will make the dif but I think it might be too late for many.

The tigers is one team I've noticed a massive change in their supporters attitude they are very positive. Plus if you go to auskick their numbers are growing there are kids in tigers jumpers everywhere

At the Richmond game a Melbourne supporter was having a go at Watts - an opposition supporter asked him "What is watts going to do when he wins a premiership for Melbourne. silence - Switch off the play-station and go to bed" 50-60 Richmond supporter burst into laughter - Richmond supporters laughing at us WTF - even I had to chuckle.

I know this is going to sound radical - but I feel much of its Alcohol driven.

Surely these great loyal supporters that many spruik around here can go without alcohol for 3-hrs a week to see their beloved Demons.

But today I'm not so sure - Do we stand alone? (I hope not - but I think we might)

Do we stand above or below GC17 & GWS with premiership upside?

No , I'm not going to be negative .

Edited by Macca

hahahahaha this post is a laugh and a half....and sums up how soft we are....so Dr. do you want us to clap them off at each quarter?? do you want us to cheer MacDonald after he takes a mark and then proceeds to kick the ball out of bounds when he is aiming the kick at a teammate 20m away on his own?? maybe you need to explain to your daughters why people are frustrated and having a crack at our players...or maybe you should take them to watch under 12's where winning doesn't matter.

It's not about supporters having a go at their own players. All supporters at all clubs do it.

Possibly because a majority of Melbourne supporters have a lay down me sire attitude (we will probably get smashed by 100 points, we'll be up by 7 goals at three-quarter time and we'll lose, we'll be crap for another 5 years, our draft pick will be rubbish and the one picked after ours will be a gun) that is fuelled by 50 years of negativity, inconsistency and poor club management we probably attack our players in a way that is less about the players mistake but the general culture of the club.

How may times has you finished a sentence with.... "Typical Melbourne"

My whole family and my partners family go for Melbourne (a rarity in the west of Melbourne) yet a couple weeks ago my parters uncle said that if his son wants to barrack for another team he won't stop him.

So what is a parent to do...say to their child "barrack for any team you like" knowing they'll jump on the most popular team at the time or keep pushing the line of "we'll be right son / daughter?

I know for myself that i cannot wait for that moment after the siren and we win our 13th premiership, turning to my father and without saying a word to each other saying "it was worth the wait" and the first words i'll probably say to him are "thanks"

Edited by 13thFlagIsComing