Demons probe sponsor Ben Polis's racist rants

M_9

This is not about a racist [censored] from energy watch. The real problem is that someone is trying to put nails in the coffin of the mfc

Huh???

• Like 1

Guest lambtotheslaughter

Does anyone know why the glamour who is standing over (next to) gollum is smiling (grimacing)

I think I do

See where the left hand of the maggot is

She is a blow up doll and he has his finger stuck in an air leak

Edited by lambtotheslaughter

This is not about a racist [censored] from energy watch. The real problem is that someone is trying to put nails in the coffin of the mfc

No, this is about a mentally unstable person who has made disgusting comments towards people of different races, and then made specific comments of the most disgusting nature towards one of our players.

I'd have supported somebody belt the crap out of him, let alone naming, shaming and then dumping him.

That the MFC just somehow keeps finding itself in a sh*t storm is a separate issue. Our on field performances don't help, but neither do our players getting into trouble off field, and then having AFL employees with gutter mouths.

It's been a year from hell.

Edited by Jaded

you raise some good points adsy

but it would seem that Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Rebels were similarly either hoodwinked or blinded by $s so CS is not alone

Unfortunately "others were sucked in too" is not a satisfactory defence. What I highlighted in my earlier post is that others who have done substantial due diligence considered Ben and EW to be bad news. If our guys aren't doing the requisite work before making decisions that impact the very survival of the club I love, they shouldn't be there.

Don't blame the media they haven't had to dig to hard to unearth story's about the MFC. 2012 has been an absolute disaster, this just adds to the list. The board and club management have some hard work to do to turn this around.

If we don't put out a good hard performance this weekend get ready for the continuing negative press.

One thing I'm really concerned about is the accusation of people being a Racist. Please don't take this the wrong way if you make a comment that attacks a section of the community you deserve your rightful whack, but does that make you a racist or an idiot. To be branded a racist that person needs to have a real hatred or Ostracise someone based on their race. This bloke has stereotyped people by there race with a number of stupid inappropriate comments, these comments are race based therfore racist remarks, but is he a racist, does he hate aborginals, Asians and other nationallities or is he just an idiot. I like to believe Australians don't have the Hatred in them that to me make them a racist, but what we do is make comments based stereotypes, that are stupid and inappropiate but I don't believe there is an underlying hatred.

This guy is an Idiot and one the club needs to make a tough call on whether we want a goose like this linked to our club.

Edited by drdrake
  • Like 1

Has to be dumped. Time for some strong leadership is now. The silence from our club is deafening.

That $2 mill will pale into insignificance withe the amount we will lose long term being attached to this donkey.

Cam Schwab told us due diligence had been done. Time he packed his bags as well.

I hope like hell the players stand up this weekend but our track record on facing adversity isn't great.

Over to you Jacks!

What a week in football.

• Like 1

Has to be dumped. Time for some strong leadership is now. The silence from our club is deafening.

That $2 mill will pale into insignificance withe the amount we will lose long term being attached to this donkey.

Cam Schwab told us due diligence had been done. Time he packed his bags as well.

I hope like hell the players stand up this weekend but our track record on facing adversity isn't great.

Over to you Jacks!

What a week in football.

Doesn't fill you with confidence for the front of the jumper sponsor. We have seen our expense base jump due to new coaching staff and admin people, trust the board has satisfied itself re the compensating increase to the income stream.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately "others were sucked in too" is not a satisfactory defence. What I highlighted in my earlier post is that others who have done substantial due diligence considered Ben and EW to be bad news. If our guys aren't doing the requisite work before making decisions that impact the very survival of the club I love, they shouldn't be there.

I agree with you and I wasn't making a 'defense'. Just pointing out that we are taking all the heat. Those other organisations have plenty of prominent business men in their executive and boards.

Just pointing out the irony that CS has a few fellow travellers but we are not hearing about them too

I fail to see what the MFC has done wrong this week. An afl employee spreads untrue rumours, is shown to be wrong and somehow we cop the flak. Then the CEO of our sponsor makes racist comments on his own Facebook, and we are the racist ones. WE ARE THE VICTIMS HERE. we have done no wrong. We will flick our major sponsor. We have to. I expect the victory and the rebels to do the same. But to turn around and say its all the clubs fault? No way. I'm not copping that.

• Like 4

Yep, Schwab will be under immence pressure - if he wasn't already. Things are spiralling out of control at a rapid rate and very few people have successfully turned the fortunes of a club around from a similar position. Brian Cook (along with Costa) is one on a short list that comes to mind, no doubt a position within the Demon hierarchy would be appealing to him at the minute……

How the hell do we possibly attract such an operator to this mifsud of a club?....

• Like 1

I just called the MFC. Only got the answering machine which suggests they are experiencing a high volume of calls!! I left a message saying our family contributes over $1000 per year in memberships, donations etc and that this would cease immediately if our relationship with this disgraceful mob didn't end immediately. The number is 9652 1111 if anyone else feels so inclined.

• Like 1

I fail to see what the MFC has done wrong this week. An afl employee spreads untrue rumours, is shown to be wrong and somehow we cop the flak. Then the CEO of our sponsor makes racist comments on his own Facebook, and we are the racist ones. WE ARE THE VICTIMS HERE. we have done no wrong. We will flick our major sponsor. We have to. I expect the victory and the rebels to do the same. But to turn around and say its all the clubs fault? No way. I'm not copping that.

Ever heard of Due diligence, no, neither has Cam Schwab. Energy Watch is our fault, we were blinded by the dollars just like we were blinded by draft picks when we tanked.

Still I'm backing the players to respond this weekend. If they don't then when will they?

2 Things i got to say here.

1. Do you guys think that possibly the media already had all this juice and may have been polite in relations to Jim and held out until now to throw it all out on the table.......I dont think so but I thght its a possibility.

and 2. Dosnt Energy Watch also sponsor the Melbourne Victory and Vixens? If so why is the media have there hands so high in the air about MFC and there is nothing damning towards the Victory or Vixens on this? The question here shouldnt be 'What will MFC do?" It should be "What will MFC, Victory and the Vixens do"

• Like 3

Now I understand perfectly why Scully left this club.

Yet Trengove, Watts, and many many other players chose to stay long term.

Please, he left because he is a scumbucket who cares only for the money. Don't bring yet another sh*t person into this discussion.

• Like 4

Ever heard of Due diligence, no, neither has Cam Schwab. Energy Watch is our fault, we were blinded by the dollars just like we were blinded by draft picks when we tanked.

Still I'm backing the players to respond this weekend. If they don't then when will they?

Are you suggesting that cam should have Facebook stalked all of energy watches employees?

I just called the MFC. Only got the answering machine which suggests they are experiencing a high volume of calls!! I left a message saying our family contributes over $1000 per year in memberships, donations etc and that this would cease immediately if our relationship with this disgraceful mob didn't end immediately. The number is 9652 1111 if anyone else feels so inclined.

Good strategy - bully the club when it's clearly in all manner of poo through no (or little) fault of its own. Cut the self-important bullshit - your $1000 means piss all in the context of a $2m sponsorship anyway.

• Like 8

I'd settle for an apology, we need the dollars, let's get on with palying footy, the guy is a [censored] but probably reflects a number of CEO's, don't stop supporting Melbourne because of this guy.

• Like 1

And where were all of the critics here last year when EnergyWatch were brought on board as a sponsor? I don't recall any of these issues being brought up on here at that time... hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

Good strategy - bully the club when it's clearly in all manner of poo through no (or little) fault of its own. Cut the self-important [censored] - your $1000 means [censored] all in the context of a $2m sponsorship anyway.

+1