• Podcast:     

Liam Jurrah interview on Eddie Maguire 11/3/12

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty strong message to Craig and Neeld and Co Neeld has made it very clear that no players will get special favours. In principle that is fine .... but no two people are the same - and coa

I’m not as concerned as some on here about the way this was done. I’d have preferred the club had sanctioned the interview and that someone from MFC was there, maybe rather than Betheras. I don’t sub

With regard to Liam moving to Collingwood I think we are all overlooking one point here. Despite being shy and quiet when he meets new people, Liam is very close to Aaron and the other boys and genuin

You're talking about McGuire... Don't remember what he was like when he was a "reporter?"

All these mugs are acolytes of his...

Yep , ed chasing down plugger on crutches

Anything for a story,

As discussed on a million forums , ed cant be a journo and president of a football club at the same time particulary when the story invoves Afl

K

He may claim no conflict of intrest but 17 teams and there supporters perceive there is. And often perception is worse than reality

I am also unhappy if its true that liams support group " invited" eddie around.

Eddie knows the protocols about getting permission from a club to interview a player.

Edited by Satan

why do I get a horrible notion it could all get very Animal Farm like.

You just know this will all end in tears

This doesn't seem to be playing out well at all. Needs clean air, someONE to take charge and agenda pedallars like McGuire swept from the scene. It has seemed up until now that the club has had a good handle on the issues facing Liam but I think it's now time to get him in and draw a line!

Edited by diesel

According to Mark Robinson on AFL360 tonight, MFC had no knowledge of the Jurrah interview with McGuire until there were sms's getting around that Jurrah would be on the show, and the MFC are apparently not too happy about it.

How does that even happen?

I heard that too. If true, Eddie McGuire is an unethical, headline seeking, scumbag.

Hey Batherus and BHMc, one way to protect a vulnerable person and keep the trash media away from him is to protect the person by keeping the trash media away from him! An hack ex Magpie and the other a Magpie fan... media amateurs. Eddie played them like a guitar.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Given that Rudeboy himself visits these boards Id be interested to know what on earth they were either thinking...or playing at ?

Why would you p!ss off the very people youre hoping and expecting to stand by Liam ?

Who's agenda is being played out here .....I wonder

Given that Rudeboy himself visits these boards Id be interested to know what on earth they were either thinking...or playing at ?

Why would you p!ss off the very people youre hoping and expecting to stand by Liam ?

Why do I have this feeling that this is going from one disaster to another?

This too I wonder.

Whilst I'm not sure any of us are in the position to criticise, not knowing the full facts, I am quite confused by what they thought they were trying to achieve with that interview.

I'm sure it would go against both the club's advice and wishes, and that of his legal team.

Perplexing really, and yeah, it does unfortunately lead to questions of self-serving agendas...

I think we should all relax. By Liam putting in (a very limited) media performance with Eddie, he's cleared the air as best he can, given he cannot discuss the case (for Legal reasons). Liam now has until mid May to quietly go about his rehabilitation and work on getting back into the MFC 22 asap.

• Like 1

Hey Batherus and BHMc, one way to protect a vulnerable person and keep the trash media away from him is to protect the person by keeping the trash media away from him! An hack ex Magpie and the other a Magpie fan... media amateurs. Eddie played them like a guitar.

If you want to lay the blame with anyone it's with Eddie. He is the one who who knows the protocols. He is the one who did what he did for purely selfish (media) reasons.

The other 2 blokes I continue to believe have nothing but Liam's interests at heart and because he is a Melbourne player the footy clubs interests are parallel. I think you should pull-up a little. As I indicated, the club needs to quickly sort it out.

• Like 1

Sorry, why hasn't the club told Jurrah in no uncertain terms who he can talk to and where. This is a sensitive legal issue. Either the club hasn't done it or Jurrah has gone against their demands.

If the club hasn't done it, they deserve a bollocking. it is unbelievable LJ could come back to Melbourne without that legal advice.

As for Eddie it is a disgraceful breech of protocol.

I think we should all relax. By Liam putting in (a very limited) media performance with Eddie, he's cleared the air as best he can, given he cannot discuss the case (for Legal reasons). Liam now has until mid May to quietly go about his rehabilitation and work on getting back into the MFC 22 asap.

I wish I had your confidence that this will happen

I highly, highly doubt the club didn't know about the interview.

After all that has happened, I am sure Liam has people surrounding him everyday, helping him through all of this.

They know he doesn't understand Melbourne AFL Media yet, so would be supporting his every decision.

I am pretty sure the interview would have been scripted and filmed with plenty of editing.

Guest Thomo

This seems to be a pretty good stitch up of the MFC by the four involved. Jurrah, McGuire, Rupert Betheras and Bruce Hearn McKinnon all know the protocols. For Liam to do any media interview at the current time without informing the club is extremely poor.. For Jurrah to be talking to the president of a rival club before he has met with anyone from the club that is paying his wage is a disgrace.

I don’t believe that BHM would use Jurrah just to help McGuire’s rating on his new show. The fact that Betheras made the point of almost blaming personal changes at Melbourne for Jurrahs actions combined with BHM organizing a private meeting with the Collingwood President, and McGuire running a segment on his show about how fantastic he and Collingwood are at working with the remote indigenous communities, makes me believe that if Jurrah is playing AFL next year it will be in a Collingwood jumper.

McGuire was mouthing off a couple of weeks ago that he will be out to get the MFC for poaching his people, I guess this is the start.

Edited by Thomo

I think we can all be thankful that he actually said nothing. I cannot believe that Betheras and BHM would actually sanction an interview of any kind without seeking MFC permission first. Neither are lawyers. They surely must know the implications of even one word would have on his case as pointed out by "needafullback". This is not minding this is just giving in to his Almighty. And please dont tell me that his show is about "cutting edge news and cutting edge stories". Who is he trying to kid.This is bullying at its worst. He would know that Liam is in no position to make these decisions to do an interviews. To say that the Club knew that he was covering the story, well so was every other media organisation. Did he forget to tell them that he was also intending to interview Liam with the connivance of his two minders. I sense a little bit of payback here. EM is filthy on us at the moment. Just a little bit of "oneupmanship". A little dig here and there about the Club letting Liam down. Dont let it ever be said that Melbourne got one over Collingwood. I bet we dont see anything from the AFL or at least openly chastise Eddie. No one tells Eddie what to do.

The Club needs to keep a handle on everything that Liam does from now on. No more media about the subject. Release statements but that is it. It is not going to go away but at least let it die down.

Eddie is copping a pasting from Patrick Smith and K.B. on SEN. He is caught lying and dodging questions. You know when he gets angry that he has been caught. He reckons the CEO Schwabb allowed him the interview. This will be rebutted by CS no doubt!

He will not answer the Question about whether he has a conflict ogf intetrest and would have gone bonkers had anyone interviewed a collingwood player.

Edited by BarrassHarrass

This seems to be a pretty good stitch up of the MFC by the four involved. Jurrah, McGuire, Rupert Betheras and Bruce Hearn McKinnon all know the protocols. For Liam to do any media interview at the current time without informing the club is extremely poor.. For Jurrah to be talking to the president of a rival club before he has met with anyone from the club that is paying his wage is a disgrace.

I don’t believe that BHM would use Jurrah just to help McGuire’s rating on his new show. The fact that Betheras made the point of almost blaming personal changes at Melbourne for Jurrahs actions combined with BHM organizing a private meeting with the Collingwood President, and McGuire running a segment on his show about how fantastic he and Collingwood are at working with the remote indigenous communities, makes me believe that if Jurrah is playing AFL next year it will be in a Collingwood jumper.

McGuire was mouthing off a couple of weeks ago that he will be out to get the MFC for poaching his people, I guess this is the start.

Yes yes, we all love a good conspiracy. And as for the line I have bolded, that is an absolutely disgraceful thing to say! Bruce Hearn McKinnon has been supportive of LJ as a friend and as someone wanting him to bring his game to the AFL. Sure he first was attempting to get him into the Pies, but he has stated many times over how pleased he has been with the way in which the MFC has taken LJ under their wing. To say that he is using Jurrah goes way beyond the pale.

Edited by hardtack
Guest Thomo

Yes yes, we all love a good conspiracy. And as for the line I have bolded, that is an absolutely disgraceful thing to say! RudeBoy (aka Bruce Hearn McKinnon) has been supportive of LJ as a friend and as someone wanting him to bring his game to the AFL. Sure he first was attempting to get him into the Pies, but he has stated many times over how pleased he has been with the way in which the MFC has taken LJ under their wing. To say that he is using Jurrah goes way beyond the pale.

Re-read the bit that you bolded before you carry on like an idiot.

If anybody interviewed Alan Didak without Collingwood's permission during his gun slinging days Eddie would have gone absoutely ape $#$t. He seriously needs to pull his head in, I won't be watching his show again - it was awful anyway - I turned it off during the scumbag $cully "interview" - what a liar he is.

Our President Mclardy a couple of weeks ago said that he wanted to have the MFC a top 5 club in Victoria.

Well this story is the start.

We must stand our ground here. I heard Mcguire & Smith going hard. Eddie was backtracking often.

Stand tall Don.

What I don't understand is why the people who have Liam's best interests at heart, would let him do the interview without the club's permission. It doesn't make sense, and I am sure there is some reasonable explanation.

As for Eddie, he is a disgraceful low-life scumbag. Should be ashamed and disgusted at his behaviour, but clearly his enormous ego and tiny brain would prevent him from ever feeling remorse.

He seems to really enjoy sabotaging our club. I hope Melbourne puts a blanket ban on anyone at the club ever doing an interview with this [censored]. Be it on his devoid-of-any-content Foxtel show, or his MMM show.

What a joke.

Edited by Jaded