Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demonland

Nobody has turned on Beamer. Many things had to change after 2011. From top to bottom.

They have.

Was referring to Demonland posters, not the club. As I said, without knowing everyting behind the scenes it's impossible to understand the decision for good or bad, but the way the Beamer haters have come out of the woodwork against our BEST player from last year just astounds me.

Moloney was one of our few shining lights last year in an otherwise forgettable year . People knock him for supposedly being a flat track bully but I don't see it that way .

Our midfield last year was generally poor so when we come up against excellent midfields then Moloney is largely on his own . How about pointing the finger at some of our midfield who can't even get a kick against the poor sides ? That's the real ssue .

If all the players decide they wan't to go hard at the ball all of the time then we'll become a finals team .

The rev up that blokes like Moloney exhibit is all important in a footy club and shouldn't be underestimated . A lot of players need to be motivated before and during a game . Some are self starters but a lot aren't .

Cheers

• Like 2

Not bashing - just brutally honest appraisal.

Maybe you can't handle it, but it's what the club needs, and what Neeld provides.

The more the better.

Well hopefully Neeld didn't tell Moloney, Green, Rivers, and Davey they weren't a "leaders toenail"... and happily you have absoultely nothing to do with the club.

Well hopefully Neeld didn't tell Moloney, Green, Rivers, and Davey they weren't a "leaders toenail"... and happily you have absoultely nothing to do with the club.

How exactly do you know that..?

Happy you don't, cos you'd obviously leave someone in a leadership position who is clearly less than competent.

Maybe you'd like another 50 years with no flag? another 186?

Leave it to those who know what they're talking about.

Anyway, you'd obviously sugarcoat it a little when talking to the players themselves, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Was referring to Demonland posters, not the club. As I said, without knowing everyting behind the scenes it's impossible to understand the decision for good or bad, but the way the Beamer haters have come out of the woodwork against our BEST player from last year just astounds me.

Fair call Stuie, my take is that Beamer had a good year, in a very poor year for the club. He won the B&F because nobody else came close. That is how bad 2011 was.

I want Beamer to be part of a flag, but to declare himself fit to play against the cats i do not call good leadership when he was obviously quite ill. He may have thought he was doing the right thing, but in fact it would have put more pressure on a young team.

How exactly do you know that..?

Happy you don't, cos you'd obviously leave someone in a leadership position who is clearly less than competent.

Maybe you'd like another 50 years with no flag? another 186?

Leave it to those who know what they're talking about.

Anyway, you'd obviously sugarcoat it a little when talking to the players themselves, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Seriously mate, unless you're Norm Smith you really overestimate yourself.

Try getting the point first, responding second. Here, I'll explain a little for you: I haven't said Moloney should have remained in the LG, I've said that no one can decide that unless they know everything behind the scenes, all I've said is that I'm sick of all the weak, faceless bashing of our current BEST player on this board.

Just because you like to say things like "you obviously", or make other statements on behalf of other people and then state them as facts, doesn't mean they are actually true.

Besides, if I left to it "those who know what they're talking about", then you would never be heard would you Mr Important.

Anyway, I digress, back to the original point.... What was it again?

Fair call Stuie, my take is that Beamer had a good year, in a very poor year for the club. He won the B&F because nobody else came close. That is how bad 2011 was.

I want Beamer to be part of a flag, but to declare himself fit to play against the cats i do not call good leadership when he was obviously quite ill. He may have thought he was doing the right thing, but in fact it would have put more pressure on a young team.

I think you'll find that he's pretty higly regarded outside of our club, even if just as a clearance player, I think to suggest he was the best of a bad bunch is a little harsh but i do know what you mean at it's essence. Yeah, the call to play against the Cats was probably a poor one in hindsight, but I'm yet to hear of a player who rules himself out when needed, probably more up to Bailey and the medical staff to order him not to take the field.

Seriously mate, unless you're Norm Smith you really overestimate yourself.

Try getting the point first, responding second. Here, I'll explain a little for you: I haven't said Moloney should have remained in the LG, I've said that no one can decide that unless they know everything behind the scenes, all I've said is that I'm sick of all the weak, faceless bashing of our current BEST player on this board.

Just because you like to say things like "you obviously", or make other statements on behalf of other people and then state them as facts, doesn't mean they are actually true.

Besides, if I left to it "those who know what they're talking about", then you would never be heard would you Mr Important.

Anyway, I digress, back to the original point.... What was it again?

Our "BEST" player? Hardly.

Bashing? Honest appraisal.

Can't take honest criticism? Too bad. Harden up.

Don't like "you'd obviously"?

Well the former referred to your desire to leave Moloney as a leader. Feel free to correct me if this is untrue.

The latter was clearly meant as "anyone would obviously". Obviously.

Who exactly am I making statements on behalf of..?

Or are you just making accusations because you have a weak argument..?

I think you'll find that he's pretty higly regarded outside of our club, even if just as a clearance player, I think to suggest he was the best of a bad bunch is a little harsh but i do know what you mean at it's essence. Yeah, the call to play against the Cats was probably a poor one in hindsight, but I'm yet to hear of a player who rules himself out when needed, probably more up to Bailey and the medical staff to order him not to take the field.

that's my point Stuie. He wasn't required. He had influenza. It is ludicrous to even consider Beamer could make it through a game of AFL against a top team with the flu. It may well have been a factor that led to Bails and our medical staff's departure.

It was just amatuer hour the whole way through.

Neeld has made the right call i believe.

Watch last years GF again. That is an indication of where we have to be at plus a bit more.

Our "BEST" player? Hardly.

Bashing? Honest appraisal.

Can't take honest criticism? Too bad. Harden up.

Don't like "you'd obviously"?

Well the former referred to your desire to leave Moloney as a leader. Feel free to correct me if this is untrue.

The latter was clearly meant as "anyone would obviously". Obviously.

Who exactly am I making statements on behalf of..?

Or are you just making accusations because you have a weak argument..?

Last year Brent Moloney was declared our BEST player by THE CLUB. The End.

Calling a former member of our leadership group not even "a leader's toenail", IS player bashing. The End.

I can take criticism when it comes with some fraction of thought.

And AGAIN I POINT OUT, I DID NOT say Moloney should have remained in the group, I say AGAIN that no one knows unless they know everything behind the scenes. So there is your correction. The End.

And as I've pointed our above, you continually misquote, misinterpret, and blatantly just make things up to try and support your weak arguments. The End.

My apologies to everyone else reading this thread, has some great stuff in it, and I should have known better than to feed this troll.

• Like 2

It's not a perfect world Wyl . Cut the bloke a bit of slack . We've all made errors and maybe he thought he'd be ok once he ran out there . You know , mind over matter stuff . Maybe he thought he'd look weak by pulling out of the game ?

To put the focus Moloney in 1 game when the whole team was rubbish is wrong . Sylvia and Jurrah were dropped after that game if you remember .

Cheers .

that's my point Stuie. He wasn't required. He had influenza. It is ludicrous to even consider Beamer could make it through a game of AFL against a top team with the flu. It may well have been a factor that led to Bails and our medical staff's departure.

It was just amatuer hour the whole way through.

Neeld has made the right call i believe.

Watch last years GF again. That is an indication of where we have to be at plus a bit more.

Yeah, totoally agree there, should not have played. But I would just add that it's part of AFL culture to "battle through" so he probably should have been stopped by the appropriate staff/coaching member. But it was a bit of a twilight zone day!

I'm not that upset about Moloney not being in the LG, the people who have made the decision know more than any of us, and a fresh outlook was definitely needed, I just can't understand why people are being so negative about a guy who embodies so many qualities (on field) we all wish for from our players.

It's not a perfect world Wyl . Cut the bloke a bit of slack . We've all made errors and maybe he thought he'd be ok once he ran out there . You know , mind over matter stuff . Maybe he thought he'd look weak by pulling out of the game ?

To put the focus Moloney in 1 game when the whole team was rubbish is wrong . Sylvia and Jurrah were dropped after that game if you remember .

Cheers .

Fair comment. But as a V/C it was not acceptable. He actually put his younger team mates under more pressure.

Lets not forget his stats for that game.

It is hard work walking to the bathroom with the flu, so i cannot imagine what playing AFL Footy would be like!!

No it is never a perfect world, but the MFC seserves better decision makers than that.

I want Flags in front of 100,000 people, nothing less.

Moloney was one of our few shining lights last year in an otherwise forgettable year . People knock him for supposedly being a flat track bully but I don't see it that way .

Moloney top 5 possession games 2011

36 vs Brisbane

35 vs Port

32 vs Gold Coast

31 vs Adelaide

30 vs Richmond

Moloney bottom 5 possession games 2011

0 vs Geelong (NB: he played the half so no excuses to not touch the ball)

15 vs Carlton

16 vs North

17 vs Hawthorn

18 vs West Coast

Stats dont lie. The vast difference between his best against bottom sides and worst against top sides clearly supports him being a flat track bully.

• Like 2

Yeah, totoally agree there, should not have played. But I would just add that it's part of AFL culture to "battle through" so he probably should have been stopped by the appropriate staff/coaching member. But it was a bit of a twilight zone day!

I'm not that upset about Moloney not being in the LG, the people who have made the decision know more than any of us, and a fresh outlook was definitely needed, I just can't understand why people are being so negative about a guy who embodies so many qualities (on field) we all wish for from our players.

I agree with ya mate. There was a lot of people i was mad at when i heard Beamer was playing sick. Bailey must have known the Griim Reaper was on his way.

Zero stats tells us Brent was crook and should have been rugged up with about 3 layers of thermals on.

36 vs Brisbane

35 vs Port

32 vs Gold Coast

31 vs Adelaide

30 vs Richmond

15 vs Carlton

16 vs North

17 vs Hawthorn

18 vs West Coast

Stats dont lie. The vast difference between his best against bottom sides and worst against top sides clearly supports him being a flat track bully.

I'm sure you'll find most players have better stats in wins than losses and against lesser teams than better teams, so does that make EVERY player in the AFL a flat track bully?

I can't believe people are pulling out stats to support they're bagging of a player at OUR CLUB.

What is happening here?!

• Like 2

36 vs Brisbane

35 vs Port

32 vs Gold Coast

31 vs Adelaide

30 vs Richmond

15 vs Carlton

16 vs North

17 vs Hawthorn

18 vs West Coast

It does say a lot. If i was the new coach that is the first thing i would look at. The stats of the B&F Winner.

In 2011 Beamer did not have a great year, but the rest of the team had a worse one.

That is not to say Beamer cannot improve, he will i have no doubt. But only if he is prepared to cross the pain barrier against the September clubs. His second half against the swans in round one was what we need regularly.

I'm sure you'll find most players have better stats in wins than losses and against lesser teams than better teams, so does that make EVERY player in the AFL a flat track bully?

I can't believe people are pulling out stats to support they're bagging of a player at OUR CLUB.

What is happening here?!

I agree with you Stu. So many people on here bag our players. Our supporters are gettin like Richmond members. Eating their own

I agree with you Stu. So many people on here bag our players. Our supporters are gettin like Richmond members. Eating their own

Not at all. Beamer is better than what he showed last year. The bar must be raised. If he steps up it will be greatly appreciated.

You guys need to toughen up a bit.

Our midfield last year was generally poor so when we come up against excellent midfields then Moloney is largely on his own . How about pointing the finger at some of our midfield who can't even get a kick against the poor sides ? That's the real ssue .

If all the players decide they wan't to go hard at the ball all of the time then we'll become a finals team .

The rev up that blokes like Moloney exhibit is all important in a footy club and shouldn't be underestimated . A lot of players need to be motivated before and during a game . Some are self starters but a lot aren't .

Cheers

36 vs Brisbane

35 vs Port

32 vs Gold Coast

31 vs Adelaide

30 vs Richmond

15 vs Carlton

16 vs North

17 vs Hawthorn

18 vs West Coast

Nice of you to put my comment "out of context" Poor form !

I just put my comment back into context .

Next time you want to quote me include the whole lot ( when needed )

Cheers

Not at all. Beamer is better than what he showed last year. The bar must be raised. If he steps up it will be greatly appreciated.

You guys need to toughen up a bit.

I don't think it is tough to sit in the grandstand and bag our players or sit in the comfort of your study and bag them on a supporters site, they are human and as such have faults. Just re watched last years prelim (Haw vs Coll) So many mistakes, so many missed kicks and so many missed shots for goal, yet all players were launded for such a great game. I see the faults but I also see the effort and the direction we are striving for without calling for player's heads. If all of the players that this site bagged were culled, we wouldn't have a team.

• Like 3

I don't think it is tough to sit in the grandstand and bag our players or sit in the comfort of your study and bag them on a supporters site, they are human and as such have faults. Just re watched last years prelim (Haw vs Coll) So many mistakes, so many missed kicks and so many missed shots for goal, yet all players were launded for such a great game. I see the faults but I also see the effort and the direction we are striving for without calling for player's heads. If all of the players that this site bagged were culled, we wouldn't have a team.

Great post, and I must admit I've had to pull my head in about a few players that were whipping boys of mine. Blank canvas and all hey fellas.

Last year Brent Moloney was declared our BEST player by THE CLUB. The End.

Calling a former member of our leadership group not even "a leader's toenail", IS player bashing. The End.

I can take criticism when it comes with some fraction of thought.

And AGAIN I POINT OUT, I DID NOT say Moloney should have remained in the group, I say AGAIN that no one knows unless they know everything behind the scenes. So there is your correction. The End.

And as I've pointed our above, you continually misquote, misinterpret, and blatantly just make things up to try and support your weak arguments. The End.

My apologies to everyone else reading this thread, has some great stuff in it, and I should have known better than to feed this troll.

Whatever Stuie.

Sounds like you're now the one misquoting and presenting your views as fact.

I'm just putting forward my point of view, and you're the one trying to shoot it down.

The football dept agrees with me. The end.