Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Little Lord Voldemort

Chelly

Wow.

I can see why T$ left us and went there, they are just so professional.

I firmly believe that when he looks back on this decision, he will regret it in years to come.

He had the chance to be something big, a meaningful player in the history of the game. Now he'll be a nobody playing for a team struggling on and off the field in a disinterested market.

Sometimes the grass is not greener. And he thought we had problems...

Friend of a friend is dev coach at gws. Told me scully was told 'you're going to be a good player, but we can make you better quicker'. I assume from being tagged, exposure etc...bad advice I reckon. Will be run ragged by 25...also, they don't want to win a game this year, maybe one. They couldnt care less. Its not about the next few years. They will stockpile talent and top draft picks until they're ready...as a fan of the game, how awful does that sound

They might get good players. But where is the support going to come from. Sydney swans took nearly 20 years???? I'll be dead by then

Friend of a friend is dev coach at gws. Told me scully was told 'you're going to be a good player, but we can make you better quicker'. I assume from being tagged, exposure etc...bad advice I reckon. Will be run ragged by 25...also, they don't want to win a game this year, maybe one. They couldnt care less. Its not about the next few years. They will stockpile talent and top draft picks until they're ready...as a fan of the game, how awful does that sound

The problem with that is that they will find it difficult to develop a culture of success and many players' careers will be spoiled in the process.

Laugh you might but I'm reliably informed that Tom Scully absolutely tore it up in last night's practice match picking up possessions at will for his team.

... and the witches hat he played on was seen last night floating down the Paramatta River.

Against what??? Wasnt like he had any real opposition.

I see two things happening in 2012, Lil Tommy will struggle against bigger harder opposition

and 2

some mystery ailment will prevent him from fronting against us.

The problem with that is that they will find it difficult to develop a culture of success and many players' careers will be spoiled in the process.

Oh they'll be trying but win but with many kids + added veterans who should be retired, (past use by date) just there to teach and to try, they will learn well.

The mature picks they have will be added to at the end of this year, so by next year (2013) they should be ahead of where the Suns were, the season just passed.

It's 2013 IMO, they are planning to win friends & memberships.

Don't you realise, this is their plan. They are building that list over 2+ Years,,, as they've said as well, but mainly 'IMO', as many clubs contracted their main players to get past GCSuns,,, but many will be available next year, so frontload some, and recruit young + add many High Quality veterans on 1+ contract...

They'll be chasing hard IMO, for Big Names this trade period...$$$$$ and with plenty of room to come on they're List @ years end, with more money to spend after retirements.

It will be interesting to see which "big names" they pick up. They've already had one go at Pendlebury and missed, they will try again. A lot of damage could be done this year with on field performances and with the money they have already commited to the Scully's etc. they won't have enough room in their cap for too many star players and look after their young talent.

My guess is they are looking to do a Brisbane, recruit young then wait for the next Fitzroy to top them up in 5 or 6 years time.

It will be interesting to see which "big names" they pick up. They've already had one go at Pendlebury and missed, they will try again. A lot of damage could be done this year with on field performances and with the money they have already commited to the Scully's etc. they won't have enough room in their cap for too many star players and look after their young talent.

My guess is they are looking to do a Brisbane, recruit young then wait for the next Fitzroy to top them up in 5 or 6 years time.

Did they Miss Or did Pendles just hold out for the TV Rights deal & free agency approaching. He'll have more bargaining power & he may not like Bucks after 1 Yr.

Either way, the footy world is at his feet.

I don't think the Suns are too concerned that GAblett jnr is hurting their salary cap. Or K'm Hunt.

GWS will work it out for sure.

They have to succeed & they will. But skully's a skunk in my estimations.

The whole of GWS is a mess. Not even played a game yet and sacked it's CEO, cannot get a ground to train on, cannot house players without paying huge ammonts to set up Breakfast Point . A senior coach that hasn't coached for four years and is over 60 years old and contracted for this year only. Their senior players are all over 32 years old and most would have retired if not for the money. This venture by the AFL is doomed and after millions of dollars wasted GWS will not survive.

Have to say, I disagree. Having heard Sheedy speak at a couple of functions, I think he is perfect for this role - a fact repeatedly acknowledged by Garry Lyon only a few days ago.

Sheedy is past his best as a coach. In fact, he almost said as much at the most recent function I attended. However, he said his principal role is to build a club and get it a foot print in an area that currently has no interest in AFL.

I can't think of anyone else in our game who's better suited to this role to be honest. He thinks out of the box and he is adept at promoting things. For instance, he was behind the Anzac Day clash between the Dons and the Pies. He initiated the Indigenous Round clash between the Dons and Richmond. And, in much the same way, he's doing a lot of good things out west in Sydney. In terms of community initiatives, he's making the NRL looking like the rank amateurs that they are. In short, his success depends more on off field things than finishing in the top 8 this year. I also think GWS is bench marking itself against Gold Coast, not Hawthorn, the Pies, Geelong, Carlton or even the Swans.

And as to Tom Scully - I'm happy he's there. We got Mitch Clark as a result, a player who we really needed and who's already in our leadership group. We also got two compo picks, so let's forget about the little pr1ck.

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 1

Have to say, I disagree. Having heard Sheedy speak at a couple of functions, I think he is perfect for this role - a fact repeatedly acknowledged by Garry Lyon only a few days ago.

Sheedy is past his best as a coach. In fact, he almost said as much at the most recent function I attended. However, he said his principal role is to build a club and get it a foot print in an area that currently has no interest in AFL.

I can't think of anyone else in our game who's better suited to this role to be honest. He thinks out of the box and he is adept at promoting things. For instance, he was behind the Anzac Day clash between the Dons and the Pies. He initiated the Indigenous Round clash between the Dons and Richmond. And, in much the same way, he's doing a lot of good things out west in Sydney. In terms of community initiatives, he's making the NRL looking like the rank amateurs that they are. In short, his success depends more on off field things than finishing in the top 8 this year. I also think GWS is bench marking itself against Gold Coast, not Hawthorn, the Pies, Geelong, Carlton or even the Swans.

And as to Tom Scully - I'm happy he's there. We got Mitch Clark as a result, a player who we really needed and who's already in our leadership group. We also got two compo picks, so let's forget about the little pr1ck.

What, this one! LoL.

nirvana-nevermind.jpg

The whole of GWS is a mess. Not even played a game yet and sacked it's CEO, cannot get a ground to train on, cannot house players without paying huge ammonts to set up Breakfast Point . A senior coach that hasn't coached for four years and is over 60 years old and contracted for this year only. Their senior players are all over 32 years old and most would have retired if not for the money. This venture by the AFL is doomed and after millions of dollars wasted GWS will not survive.

I don't think they're that worried. They are a mess, but with no supporters and no expectations they can be a "mess" for now. The point is, it's not about now or even three years from now. Never has been.

Just like the GC, they ll start losing games by 20 points instead of 80 and then they'll start winning. It will take 20+ years to build this club properly, this is a long term project.

Guest melbman

Sheedy ....................

I can't think of anyone else in our game who's better suited to this role to be honest. He thinks out of the box and he is adept at promoting things. For instance, he was behind the Anzac Day clash between the Dons and the Pies. He initiated the Indigenous Round clash between the Dons and Richmond. And, in much the same way, he's doing a lot of good things out west in Sydney. In terms of community initiatives, he's making the NRL looking like the rank amateurs that they are.

As well as the support for getting the tiwi bombers into the NTFL

And as to Tom Scully - , so let's forget about the little pr1ck.

Nah, I enjoy the tribalism that the defection has roused. Haven't had this feeling since, well, ages. VFL days? Early Eagles V the Dees days with the biting of viney, Dees V hawks in the 80's, yep, ages ;-)

I firmly believe that when he looks back on this decision, he will regret it in years to come.

He had the chance to be something big, a meaningful player in the history of the game. Now he'll be a nobody playing for a team struggling on and off the field in a disinterested market.

Sometimes the grass is not greener. And he thought we had problems...

Disagree - he'll never be a nobody.

He'll always be the little sod that chased a truckload of money and never lived up to the hype.

• Like 1

I don't think it can survive, its not like the GC where there is interest and would be a great place to live. It is Western Sydney where there is no interest, a large number of new Australians who either love soccer or rugby(both codes)or other games from their home land. The AFL will eventually run out of money to promote this club.

So - what are the chances that the next rule changes from AFL HQ involve:

• removing the point posts and scoring "1" for a goal?
  • allowing throwing the ball, as long as it's backwards?

I would put nothing past them.

Getting Mitch Clark had nothing to do with Scully leaving. We still have the compo picks we got for him and would still have had the money for both of them.

Getting Mitch Clark had nothing to do with Scully leaving. We still have the compo picks we got for him and would still have had the money for both of them.

I believe Mr Burgundy was refering to the money saved by not overpaying Scully would have allowed us to pitch for Clark By memory we are paying close to 100% of our cap this year so it would be unlikely that we could afford both.