Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Some suggestions....

Pick 12 & Cale Morton to GWS for Jaegar O'meara. This is first preference.

or

Both Scully compo picks to GWS for Jaegar O'meara. Second preference.

Pick 12 to ADL for Rory Sloane or Patrick Dangerfield.

Both Scully compo picks to WC for Andrew Gaff or Scott Pendlebury end of next season. Fist preference Gaff. Smaller price tag.

Warnock & 2nd round pick to Hawthorn for Xavier Ellis.

Some suggestions....

Pick 12 & Cale Morton to GWS for Jaegar O'meara. This is first preference.

or

Both Scully compo picks to GWS for Jaegar O'meara. Second preference.

Pick 12 to ADL for Rory Sloane or Patrick Dangerfield.

Both Scully compo picks to WC for Andrew Gaff or Scott Pendlebury end of next season. Fist preference Gaff. Smaller price tag.

Warnock & 2nd round pick to Hawthorn for Xavier Ellis.

Yeah that would be nice

cant see it though unfortunately

Dream away, why not. But Ellis; FFS what does he bring to any team?

Not much of interest on offer from clubs at this point as per usual, further compounded by clubs probably not wanting (through any premature delisting) to give GWS any free players.

Perhaps this year we could just use pick 12 for Dangerfield and do a Ellis Warnock type arrangement to bolster the midfield remembering the return of Grimes to that area. That leaves the two compo picks for a bit of dealing with the Suns next year for McKenzie & Toy who will be 3rd year players and cherry ripe by the time they reach us?

While I like the idea of making an offer for a big name player like Goddard this year, I also like the idea of holding on to our draft picks this year and make a big play for players next year. While next years draft is considered to be much stronger and deeper I think the club could look at trading our first two picks and compo picks next year. This would put the club in a position to get Jack Viney as a 2nd or 3rd rd selection and then with the traded picks look at getting a Goddard, Pendlebury, Gaff or any other quality player available.

Lol at some of the spuds being suggested on this thread- who said Nason haha I almost choked on my chocolate milk! People we don't have to trade for trades sake. I want to trade for someone who will be worth it- and that doesn't include grandpa's who are over the hill and have only one good leg left (Lake). Discuss players who will make an impact and are available, or don't discuss any at all really.

Sloonie, there is a place for afl pensioners in some teams as temps. Those that add depth or temporarily fill a list gap whilst kids grow. Joel Mcdonald has been one we've enjoyed for a little while, who has given us good service. If he was 6' 4" tall, he would be quite handy for 2 years up forward.

GWS are getting Junior, Cornes, Power, Brogan etc for 1 playing year to fill the Gap as they wait to add more mature players next year. These talented players will teach and hold fort briefly. And maybe Hall for 1 or 2?

If we could get Leigh brown to pull on the boots as playing coach for next Year, & another part time year (2013), I'd be rapt. At 29, & 146 odd games he'd be worth it, to guide and protect our young. And show the spirited ways.

Bate and Warnock are the obvious 'outs' from the Demons who might have some currency elsewhere. MacDonald might get an offer from a club looking for a mature body, but I would think the trade would be more to faciliate his career move than to get value.

We aren't going to get a star in return though, obviously.

Fully understanding that we might have him on the list for two years, see him play 8 ordinary games, and then drop him, I think Lachlen Hansen in exchange for Bate to the Kangaroos isn't too bad an option. Possibly one 'not really AFL' for another, with no real value generated, but considering Bate isn't playing for us at all it is hardly a loss.

Warnock there might be some more serious interest in. I much prefer 'boosting' picks than getting an extra mediocre pick. So something like Warnock and our second round (pick 36) for a late first round would suit me. That said, it would count on a club in need of a fullback having a second pick comparatively early as a result of other trades - I think most clubs would be reluctant to give away their only first round pick, even if it is replaced by 36. So the hypothetical would be something like Hawthorn making a surprise trade for GWS pick 15, then trading us their pick 24 for Warnock+36.

Also, for those still looking at O'hailpin, I'm afraid he can't be traded away from Carlton. There's a special detail in his contract, called the S'anta Clause.

• Like 1

dont want at all, for all the discretions, i share close mates with him, it's not just the fighting i don't like, it's his ben cousins and stephen milne side i don't like, and im not talking about on field.

have heard plenty along the same lines regading this also!

There's a special detail in his contract, called the S'anta Clause.

Booboom ... excellent!

Back on topic, article in the HUN today, suggesting that we won't be very active. Too early to bring in the older experienced players, and we don't have enough trade bate on offer.

You suggested Nason, right? :P

No, it was me who suggested Nason actually - I also suggested Farren Ray, Goddard and Dawes; and I stand by my suggestions. Nason didn't have a great 2nd season (I believe he had some issues with his shoulder maybe?), but his 1st season was not too shabby at all for a first year player - 225 possessions and 14 goals, I know you seem to be into the hard at it, physical style of player (Bennell must drive you crazy), but I believe there is also room for smaller players that bring different skill sets - and it has been suggested we do need a good crumbing forward.

Ridicule others all you like, but in the wash-up it doesn't matter what any of us here think as it all comes down to what the brains trust at the MFC want and what they are prepared to give to get it.

I find it hard to believe that we will do much in the coming trade week.

we have only a couple of players that appear to want to change camps i.e. Warnock and Bate.

Bate has a contract so little will happen there unless the offer is good.

Warnock is uncontracted and he could sit out till the later draft.

There does not appear to be too much on offer so not a lot to chase.

Also I reckon Neeld will want to form his own opinion on the list before he makes many changes.

I fully expect to be bored as usual.

PS why is it that a lot of Demonlanders believe you can trade an ordinary player for a good one.

If you want someone good you have to put something good on the table.

If we think a player is ordinary what do you think another team sees them as?

If you cannot get a game with a team that finished 13th you must be ordinary!

• Like 1

Booboom ... excellent!

Back on topic, article in the HUN today, suggesting that we won't be very active. Too early to bring in the older experienced players, and we don't have enough trade bate on offer.

Spot on bing181.

From H-Sun website tradeweek update page: -

ADELAIDE

Scott Stevens (ret)

Phil Davis (GWS)

BRISBANE LIONS

Jamie Charman (ret)

Xavier Clarke (delisted)

Matt Austin (delisted)

Broc McCauley (delisted)

Bart McCulloch (delisetd)

CARLTON

Ryan Houlihan (ret)

COLLINGWOOD

Leigh Brown (ret)

ESSENDON

Darcy Daniher (ret)

Mark Williams (ret)

Taite Silverlock (delisted)

Tyson Slattery (delisted)

James Webster (delisted)

FREMANTLE

Roger Hayden (ret.)

Byron Schammer (ret.)

Rhys Palmer (GWS)

Clayton Hinkley (delisted)

Joel Houghton (delisted)

Tim Ruffles (delisted)

Ben Bucovaz (delisted)

Hamish Shepheard (delisted)

GEELONG

Marcus Drum (ret.)

Cameron Mooney (ret.)

Cameron Ling (ret.)

GOLD COAST

Daniel Harris (ret.)

Nathan Ablett (delisted)

Michael Coad (delisted)

Marc Lock (delisted)

Jack Stanlake (delisted)

Roland Ah Chee (delisted)

Jake Crawford (delisted)

Jack Stanley (delisted)

Joel Tippett (delisted)

HAWTHORN

MELBOURNE

Tom Scully (GWS)

NORTH MELBOURNE

Brady Rawlings (ret.)

Ed Lower (delisted)

Ben Ross (delisted)

Marcus White (delisted)

Brayden Norris (delisted)

Matthew Scott (delisted)

PORT ADELAIDE

Chad Cornes (ret.)

Danny Meyer (ret.)

Marlon Motlop (delisted)

Matthew Westhoff (delisted)

Callum Hay (delisted)

RICHMOND

Tom Hislop (delisted)

Robbie Hicks (delisted)

Nick Westhoff (delisted)

ST KILDA

Michael Gardiner (ret.)

Steven Baker (delisted)

Andrew McQualter (delisted)

Robert Eddy (delisted)

SYDNEY SWANS

Craig Bolton (ret.)

Daniel Bradshaw (ret.)

Tadhg Kennelly (ret.)

WEST COAST

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Mitch Hahn (ret.)

Barry Hall (ret.)

Ben Hudson (ret.)

Callan Ward (GWS)

Fair amount of outgoing at Fremantle, Bulldogs, Port, GC, Brisbane, Essendon and North and maybe a couple more from Geelong in coming days. Remembering that GC have to trim their list a little (by 2 ?).

I think the likes of Bate, Warnock will find new homes and along with Scully there is three outgoing net changes.

Don't agree with that - the Scully Compo picks put us in a great position to be very active. Also pick 12 is useful - do we really need another solid good player like Gysberts, Tapscott or Strauss? I think we need stars and we need to fill specific gaps - I'd trade pick 12 in a heartbeat if it could do either of those.

I reckon Jon Ralph is wrong. We'll be looking to be active trade week and will pounce if a good option comes along. Far from "boring"

http://www.heraldsun...partmentoftrade

Sorry, this is his summary of all clubs: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/what-your-club-is-up-to-in-trade-week/story-fn6cisdj-1226159465055

Edited by H_T
  • Like 1

I reckon Jon Ralph is wrong. We'll be looking to be active trade week and will pounce if a good option comes along. Far from "boring"

http://www.heraldsun...partmentoftrade

Sorry, this is his summary of all clubs: http://www.heraldsun...j-1226159465055

Completely concur. Ralph is SO often wrong. :unsure:

What about Robert Eddy ? has big game experience is a tough kid is only 23 has played in 3 grand finals now and could be the in and under boy that we need. Many will laugh but I dont mind him as a footballer. Issues with a broken arm this year and the fact Ross Lyon is a gigantic [censored] didn't help him. Also can kick goals if pushed forward as he brings forward pressure.

Completely concur. Ralph is SO often wrong. :unsure:

And he lacks vision: "No point luring a 28-year-old if he is done and dusted when they are their real premiership window in three years."

I'm of the belief that a 28 year old is what we need to help guide our playing group so that we are well positioned in that premiership window.

What about Robert Eddy ? has big game experience is a tough kid is only 23 has played in 3 grand finals now and could be the in and under boy that we need. Many will laugh but I dont mind him as a footballer. Issues with a broken arm this year and the fact Ross Lyon is a gigantic [censored] didn't help him. Also can kick goals if pushed forward as he brings forward pressure.

Robert Eddy is a SPUD. Won't add anything to our playing list.