Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Leadership Group

Jaded No More

Dissolve the leadership team this week and give them 5 games to decide who really wants and deserves it

This would be a brave move and the best way forward - but our club is too nice to do that.

Next year, the new coach - whoever he is - has to have a LG of 23 and under - they are the future, they are our talent, they can take over the reigns early.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Trengove - Leader. Jack Watts - Leader. Jordie Mackenzie - Leader. Brent Moloney - Leader (terrible night, but I truly believe we can call it an anomaly). After that I am stuck.

Forget the captaincy issue here....Brad, twice before my eyes, threw his hands in the air in exasperation in the 1st half, something I haven't actually seen before. It wasn't a little movement...it was quite noticeably an aggrieved motion. Normally our boys are robotic around the ground. Brad wasn't. He is hurting too.

They're all hurting, or course they are, and they should be. For us to think otherwise is simply ludicrous.

They embarrassed themselves as well as the club and jumper out there today.

We don't have any control thus our frustration is self righteous, but don't for a second assume that any of them were happy.

We have no idea what was in their heads or hearts. Although after that performance not much heart, but being publically jovial isn't a crime even after that.

I get we have to find a reason and Greens season and captaincy has been unfathomably bad, but to say he doesn't care is a pathetic bash.

Would it have been better if he broke down and sobbed like a child, or hit the wall while on camera? I don't think he should be captain anymore but come on.

Would we like to see more passion, attack and guts on the field? Of course that would be preferable, but they would be hurting same as us.

The only difference here is that they can actually do something about it, we can't, they just have to want to.

Edited by QueenC

Jack Trengove - Leader. Jack Watts - Leader. Jordie Mackenzie - Leader. Brent Moloney - Leader (terrible night, but I truly believe we can call it an anomaly). After that I am stuck.

I'd easliy put Jack Grimes on that list, but his health keeps holding him back.

As for Moloney I love his attitude and endeavour, but I'm just not convinced for the captaincy.

I'd go younger.

They're all hurting, or course they are, and they should be. For us to think otherwise is simply ludicrous.

They embarrassed themselves as well as the club and jumper out there today.

We don't have any control thus our frustration is self righteous, but don't for a second assume that any of them were happy.

We have no idea what was in their heads or hearts. Although after that performance not much heart, but being publically jovial isn't a crime even after that.

I get we have to find a reason and Greens season and captaincy has been unfathomably bad, but to say he doesn't care is a pathetic bash.

Would it have been better if he broke down and sobbed like a child, or hit the wall while on camera? I don't think he should be captain anymore but come on.

Would we like to see more passion, attack and guts on the field? Of course that would be preferable, but they would be hurting same as us.

The only difference here is that they can actually do something about it, we can't, they just have to want to.

Great post QC...tempered and calm as usual amid the storm.....bring on the blues and lets see.

I'd easliy put Jack Grimes on that list, but his health keeps holding him back.

As for Moloney I love his attitude and endeavour, but I'm just not convinced for the captaincy.

I'd go younger.

I agree on Grimes, guess I just forget about him since he hasn't played since the last ice age :lol: I'm not suggesting Beamer for captain, but I still think it is fair that he is in the LG. For my money, Captain should go to Trenners asap. Sure, he'll make a few blues whilst learning the role, but he is poised, and controlled, well spoken and actually leads. It would be a vote of confidence in the future of our club IMO. It would be a (as far as I am aware) unprecedented move to go so young, but in this instance, I believe it would be worth it in the end. And, let's be honest, it couldn't get any worse could it.

I'm another who thought Green should've been given the captaincy, on the back of experience and a great 2010.

How wrong I was.

I'll do the same and put my hand up to say I thought Green was the right choice.

He clearly isn't. He has no clue.

This would be a brave move and the best way forward - but our club is too nice to do that.

Next year, the new coach - whoever he is - has to have a LG of 23 and under - they are the future, they are our talent, they can take over the reigns early.

Agree.

If I could, I'd remove all positions of leadership from the players, drop Green, and tell the rest that positions in the leadership group for 2011 are ready to be taken by the scruff of the neck. Green is sure as hell not going to captain us next year, so if you want it, prove to us you can do it, and LEAD US!

I'll do the same and put my hand up to say I thought Green was the right choice.

He clearly isn't. He has no clue.

Agree.

If I could, I'd remove all positions of leadership from the players, drop Green, and tell the rest that positions in the leadership group for 2011 are ready to be taken by the scruff of the neck. Green is sure as hell not going to captain us next year, so if you want it, prove to us you can do it, and LEAD US!

I thought Green would be a very good leader but his game has gone 100kph in reverse since he took on the job.

I have said elsewhere that Trengove should be captain and I doubt that any of the other senior players could mount an argument otherwise.

Dissolve the leadership team this week and give them 5 games to decide who really wants and deserves it

Interesting idea. Play the last five matches with no captain and no leadership group. The natural leaders will come to the front anyway, hopefully.

Leadership Group?

Oh the group of forwards who jump up and down on the spot when their hard working teammates can't find space to hit them on the target, and when they do these 'leaders' drop the marks anyway.

Brad Green is ruining his career with each game he is playing as captain.

I'm not telling him to relinquish it for the good of the team (although it's required) i'm telling him to do it for the good of his career.

Are they though.... and as ludicrous as it ought to be I really have my doubts.

They ought to have been mortified to a man...but were they ? Laurel and Hardy aka Green and Rivers seem to have confused the occasion with the Comedy Festival....but then again maybe they didnt as they played like clowns.

Again.. I raised the notion that some have it far too cosy at Melbourne.. As bad as Baileys results are to date with trumped up wannabes parading as players giving that kind of return any coach would for the chop.

Again...are they really hurting...or instigating ?

I honestly can't stand watching Brad Green at the moment.

I don't know if it's fair and maybe I'm just looking for a scapegoat because I'm disgusted and angry, but even watching him being interviewed on Ch. 9 tonight, he seems so apathetic, so unattached, even his responses were half-hearted.

Why does Jared Rivers have to face the media, when Green is the captain? It's embarrassing.

If the rot starts from the head and we are going to remove the senior members of our footy department, than certainly we should remove the senior members of our footy team.

Jaded I believe you have been very harsh on Green.

I agree that he isn't a great public speaker and the one thing that really annoyed me was seeing him crack a smile today when a reporter asked him a few questions. I know he only smiled when saying that he didn't get much sleep last night and it was only an innocent thing but I would prefer to see some real anger and disgust in his face.

Anyway, Green has been a great player over many years for us. He has repeatedly put his body on the line and has been a very good contributor to the team over the last 10 years.

Yes he is having a very inconsistent season and he is obviously struggling in the captaincy role. But to continually point the finger at him and excuse others is scapegoating in my opinion. The whole team yesterday were disgraceful. Brad was a part of that, but he wasn't the only one.

As a forward he was reliant on delivery and service from up the field. We hardly won a centre clearance in the first half and on the few occasions we managed to get the ball forward it was a haphazard bomb to no one. Green as a leading forward had no chance in that performance and that structure. And on at least two occasions he found space but teammates failed to kick it to him.

It's all nice and easy to pick on the captain, but don't forget what he has done for the club over the years. And don't forget that yesterday there was a team of 22 players who were utterly pathetic, not one.

Edited by Scoop Junior

I thought Green would be a very good leader but his game has gone 100kph in reverse since he took on the job.

I have said elsewhere that Trengove should be captain and I doubt that any of the other senior players could mount an argument otherwise.

My thoughts exactly RobbieF

Iam beginning to worry are you my alter ego?

My thoughts exactly RobbieF

Iam beginning to worry are you my alter ego?

Jaded I believe you have been very harsh on Green.

It's all nice and easy to pick on the captain, but don't forget what he has done for the club over the years. And don't forget that yesterday there was a team of 22 players who were utterly pathetic, not one.

I completely agree with you on the last point, and I'm not in any way pointing the fingers at Green alone. He was one of many many players yesterday who were utter crap and disgraced themselves.

I'm a big Green fan, and I supported him in becoming a captain but he has been terrible this year, as has the rest of the leadership group, and as you said, his post game reaction in the media has been pathetic. At least Rivers seemed sincere in his hurt, as did Trengove.

I completely agree with you on the last point, and I'm not in any way pointing the fingers at Green alone. He was one of many many players yesterday who were utter crap and disgraced themselves.

I'm a big Green fan, and I supported him in becoming a captain but he has been terrible this year, as has the rest of the leadership group, and as you said, his post game reaction in the media has been pathetic. At least Rivers seemed sincere in his hurt, as did Trengove.

Brad Green on twitter 1 hr ago "Our performance was unacceptable, the players take full responsibility... Be strong red and blue"

They better take full responsibility!!