Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Green on The Couch

Choko

just watched on the couch what the hell was wrong with that interview geez talk about jumping at shadows

just watched it. Totally agree. Green did a reasonable job. Going by some of the early reports on here , I'd have thought I was watching the wrong video.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just finished watching the replay of the programme and I think it was line and length what you would expect from a club captain in these circumstances. There are some people punching at shadows around here if they have any problems with it.

I think an adequate diagnosis would be that some of our supporters are suffering from a form of paranoia that can be called TSF*.

* TSF = Tom Scully Fatigue

LoL. I think your right, but I think it's more for me, a bit of being sick of being hit first syndrome.

I'm almost to the point of wishing he'd go, and then swinging back to wanting to keep him. The YoYo effect of being without sustained success does have a wearying effect on peoples spirits.

Yes, thanks for the link No16. I just watched the interview. The crowing that took place at the head of this thread was Un-Melbourne. I have more respect for Brad now and absolutely none for the Crows (Vultures is probably a more accurate image). I saw Brad as the honest, passionate, proud, gentleman he has always been. High integrity, moderate literacy, respectful of his company and aware of the position he holds. He represented us at least as well as McDonald did in his first year as Captain, and we all know the esteem in which our former Captain was held when he ended his career!

Finally got a chance to watch Brad's interview on the couch.

I have been critical of Brad in the past, in front of the camera...but i must say i thought he handled that very well!

I honestly cannot see the concern of others with this i/v...Brad was honest and spoke well.

Finally got a chance to watch Brad's interview on the couch.

I have been critical of Brad in the past, in front of the camera...but i must say i thought he handled that very well!

I honestly cannot see the concern of others with this i/v...Brad was honest and spoke well.

+1

So, I really don't have time to read 3 pages. Can I just get a one word summary regarding the world ending, the club shutting down and Green being put on trial for murder?

Everything is fine....sorry that was 3 words...but seriously...Massive over reaction.

I just watched the interview and I made the mistake of reading this post before I watched it. What's with all the doom and gloom? While i agree Brad isn't all that flash in the media his answers were pretty standard and honest. There must be a lot of body language experts in Demonland. Just because he answered honestly about his disapointment that Junior didn't get another year doesn't mean the club has a serious in fighting problem. All of this makes me more [censored] at Scully's management for trying to justify Tom leaving Melbourne because the footy club has all these problems. His management has diverted the problem back to Melbourne and away from Tom and we have all fallen for it hook,line and sinker.

+1. I read this thread and so put on the recorder to tape On The Couch yesterday while I was at work. I watched the interview last night and while Brad certainly looks a bit uncomfortable being in the media spotlight as he has all year (see 5th Quarter after WCE game) there was nothing to go all dramatic about like some here reading into it that the club is falling apart at the seams. Some people honestly...

having watched the replay i have no dramas at all. The toughest job in footy at the mo other than TS. The things he has dealt with this year - Scully, Bailey on the chopping block every 2nd week, him learning the craft of added responsibility, a team that was meant to be the big improvers, fellow leadership player bringing the club in to the spotlight in the wrong way, and dealing with his own form however not as horrendus as some have made out.

All in all its been the toughest gig of all 17 captains this year and I for 1 would be more than happy for him to continue with the role next year.

Lets get behind the leader that the players and club want, support this great club as we have a crack at the finals. I remember as a kid win lose or draw you backed your club all the way. Lets not turn things that are of no importance to this clubs in to issues which they are not.

I've just finished watching the replay of the programme and I think it was line and length what you would expect from a club captain in these circumstances. There are some people punching at shadows around here if they have any problems with it.

I think an adequate diagnosis would be that some of our supporters are suffering from a form of paranoia that can be called TSF*.

* TSF = Tom Scully Fatigue

Good conclusion Jack.

After reading the initial highly negative view of Brad Green's performance in 'On The Couch', I decided to watch the replay last night. Quite frankly, at the conclusion of his interview, I was wondering whether I had viewed the same programme! I actually thought that Brad was the most comfortable I have seen him perform on TV. He answered the questions honestly and there was no doubting his sincerity. His response to the question regarding tension within the club certainly did not send the alarm bells that the first posters appeared to hear. His reply to the questions regarding Bailey and Scully were honest and sincere. He is developing as a leader and will continue to develop. Give the guy a break!

Sorry mate, I checked and couldn't hear any Tony Shaw nor Neil Craig on 3aw between 4pm and 7pm on Monday.

Thanks AJ, I will ask for more details (she lives in the Country, so was listening to the program through a broadcast partner). May be nothing - I guess we might find out more if Tony Shaw is on AFL Teams tomorrow night.

Thanks AJ, I will ask for more details (she lives in the Country, so was listening to the program through a broadcast partner). May be nothing - I guess we might find out more if Tony Shaw is on AFL Teams tomorrow night.

3AW have been playing a small grab from one of the weekends games in a promo involving a conversation between Shaw and I think Sheahan. I've caught the end of it a couple of times, Shaw is asking Sheahan a question in relation to offield heat or something and Sheahan just mentions Schwab's name is the name he keeps hearing that is central to it.

It might be what you're referring to and I'll add I wouldn't look to much into it. Seemed more speculative to me with no real weight. Nothing about resigning.

I have just watched the interview re Green on the couch- imo he handled it well no hesitation and came across with integrity although deep disappointment in his own game in particular.Interesting in that he agreed with most of us in that we need a bulky mature forward..

I watched the interview last night, and thought Green did about as well as I would expect him to do. Not quite the train wreck, but maybe that's because I had my expectations lowered due to this thread.

However, the part that annoyed me the most was when they highlighted a passgae of play involving Green, Moloney and Jamar. The passage of play in question was one that I can remember quite vividly from watching the game at the G on Sunday, so it was interesting that it was replayed On The Couch, and on the telecast when I watched it back. I thought Greens effort in this passage was pathetic, and it reminded me of what Dermie had said about Green when it came to 2nd and 3rd efforts.

When Green was asked about it by the panel, it seemed to me that he was excusing himself because he made the original spoil. I think the words were to the affect of"a spoil was made and then they pick up the ball and waltz through a couple of tackles"

P*ssweak Green! You had a chance to kill the play by following up your first spoil with a strong tackle and killing the play, however you were satisfied with your first effort and the rest of that play ensued because of it.

I can guarantee the Luke Hodge would not have done a similar thing. Green should have put up his hand and taken responsibilty for that act, but he passed the buck, and that is why I am rapidly losing confidence in him as a captain. I wonder if the players are/

I have just watched the Green interview and I think he did well to answer the questions. He may not be entirely comfortable in front of the camera and his body language (hands tense on the armchair) are an indication but overall he answered honestly and towed the MFC line as a Captain.