Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

There obviously is no free kick for in the back.

Now if second to the ball just jump on the guy in front.

Just one continuous scramble.

Our game is dying

Agree OD. How else are "scrums" going to broken up if the bloke who is prepared to get down and get pill is double punished by being slammed and then free kicked?

Fremantle got 4 frees in the previous round v Western Bulldogs.

But seriously, in a game where they aren't paying many free kicks anyway, how does a kick along the wing to the HFF get paid as deliberate OOB?

Yeah commented (screamed vile abuse) at the time. Logically that should mean that any kick deep along the boundary (the usual get out tactic) should be penalised if it goes over the line.

Umpiring is baffling - the Jetta/Vince goal was another fine exemplar.

How many frees did the filth get?

In a game when it allowable to jump in another players back where would we not do it as well?

May as well punch arms and the back of the head as and when needed if the rule book no longer counts.

Our boys should be playing the ball anyway and not the whistle.

It always been the way that the better team get favoured by the umpires we just have to earn this position again.

The little I saw of the start of the game before I had to go back to work was uplifting.

God I so wanted the boys to smash the filth. Oh well there is always 2015 which IMO should be a much better season for us.

Good morning fellow tragics Sorry for leaving a comment and then bolting. I find it wise sometimes not not come on after a game.

Emotion is running high and the wrong things can be said.

I was not blaming the umps for our loss but the comment was because tha game yesterday was hard to watch.

Yesterdays game was typical of what I see week in week out from most sides.

It is poor to watch and I have two lots to blame.

There are too many rotations this causes IMO the rolling mall and as a spectator I am never sure who is on and off at any point in the game. Yesterday I was moaning to myself about a particular player only to realise he was not on the ground a bit hard for the player to contribute when he is on the boundary. Yesterday I noticed twice MFC players get caught by a player coming off the interchange when a couple of seconds earlier the area was clear. Rules committee are to blame.

The second I believe is a result of the first, the Holding the ball / in the back is a disaster, how often do we see five or six players in a scrum and after an interminable time the ump blows the whistle most time this results in a ball up as he has no idea who is at fault.

But every now and then he pulls out a holding the ball decision how I have no idea and almost never an in the back decision.

The game is poor to watch they have got to eliminate all these interchanges or at the very least reduce the number significantly.

Umpire to the rules umpires a few in the back decisions will reduce the diving on the player with the ball.

Here ends my rant

Ive said this before,push in the back was the main free kick when i played.Its now non existent,was bbo said"why be first in for the pill?

Got through the game and drive home without 1 smoke,chit it was hard.Especially after stopping at kardinia cafe{best pizza}the urge to light up after food was incredible.

And then i thought of OD being stuck in hospital counting his days left,that kept me upbeat for another 45 seconds.

Ive said this before,push in the back was the main free kick when i played.Its now non existent,was bbo said"why be first in for the pill?

Got through the game and drive home without 1 smoke,chit it was hard.Especially after stopping at kardinia cafe{best pizza}the urge to light up after food was incredible.

And then i thought of OD being stuck in hospital counting his days left,that kept me upbeat for another 45 seconds.

Very glad I achieved something yesterday jazza

• Like 1

Very glad I achieved something yesterday jazza

Im in a terrible position.achievements mean nothing at this stage.And dont give me that namby pamby krap about feeling better,because i dont and getting angry at least 3 times a day.Gee the cig companies really earnt the money with me.

A/a ciggie would be nice right now

B/a ciggie would be bad for me anytime

Im in a terrible position.achievements mean nothing at this stage.And dont give me that namby pamby krap about feeling better,because i dont and getting angry at least 3 times a day.Gee the cig companies really earnt the money with me.

Keep that firmly fixed at the front of mind jazza

You need another eight years to see the next flag!

• Like 1

I feel your pain Jazz!!!!

Ha ha just joking!!!

You gotta love the holding the ball rule, when the opposition are actually in possession under a pack, or the ball is loose and yet you get pinged. Absolutely ridiculous. The umpires just guess and usually go with the stronger club.

You gotta love the holding the ball rule, when the opposition are actually in possession under a pack, or the ball is loose and yet you get pinged. Absolutely ridiculous. The umpires just guess and usually go with the stronger club.

They are only doing as instructed.

No push in the back.

Best player doesnt want to be first in for footy anymore.

Kids learning to be 2nd to ball and make a "perfect"tackle to get credits from coach.

Interchange has ruined this game and allowed bums to refresh on bench and attack champions.

• Like 1

No push in the back.

Kids learning to be 2nd to ball and make a "perfect"tackle to get credits from coach.

Interchange has ruined this game and allowed bums to refresh on bench and attack champions.

Unfortunately for the game, you are right.

No push in the back.

I believe that is the problem in a nut shell jazza

End of discussion

I believe that is the problem in a nut shell jazza

End of discussion

I feel your pain.

Raced trough the members yesterday with the nephew in tow,avoiding the old mates who still smoke i waved the hand and said gurday.Went to the usual spot next to the meatloaf memorial tunnel{you can exit for a ciggie very quickly form here}.

After game raced out and headed back to geelong for dinner with nephew for support,couldnt stand it half way back,stopped at garage and bought 2 packs of chocolate rollos{remember them]scoffed most before even hitting geelong..

It was then i realised what a chit game we just witnessed,you are on the money redleg,umpiring was shouse.

Raced trough the members yesterday with the nephew in tow,avoiding the old mates who still smoke i waved the hand and said gurday.Went to the usual spot next to the meatloaf memorial tunnel{you can exit for a ciggie very quickly form here}.

After game raced out and headed back to geelong for dinner with nephew for support,couldnt stand it half way back,stopped at garage and bought 2 packs of chocolate rollos{remember them]scoffed most before even hitting geelong..

It was then i realised what a chit game we just witnessed,you are on the money redleg,umpiring was shouse.

Nicotine patches jazza do you have any?

Nicotine patches jazza do you have any?

GO AWAY NOW

Patches are for the weak.

Im doing this the old fashioned way and its working ALLRIGHT.

Edited by jazza

I don't really have a problem with the low number of free kicks we received on the day but rather with the fact that Collingwood picked up three or four technical ones which, together with the Jetta/Vince situation had a profound influence on the outcome. Technically, we can't argue with disallowing the Vince goal but the problem is that you often see the umpires call play on in exactly the same situation. A goal to us at that point in time would have put us 4 points down with very little time left to play in the third quarter. Who knows what the end result would have been in those circumstances?

Technically, we can't argue with disallowing the Vince goal but the problem is that you often see the umpires call play on in exactly the same situation.

Yes we can, it was wrong. You are allowed to play on if you are behind your mark, in some cases even if you are in front of it, even if the angle is not what some over officious umpire wants you to be on.

Ling described it as bizarre and there was unanimous agreement from the other commentators, most of whom are ex players.

Our coach described it as bewildering and was furious.

It was a momentum killer and in a close game where we were given 5 free kicks for the whole afternoon.

Was it just me I thought there were as many Dees supporters at the game yesterday as pies?

I am sure there were as many Reds as others in the crowd.

Also seem to be louder boos for the ump when the decisions went the wrong way.

Either way I cannot wait your a win against a top side the noise will be unbelievable.

I got there early and was listening to a couple of radio stations, I think AW had Bartlett on and all they want to talk about was if and when PR and PJ were staying plus a whole lot of jokes about snow season approaching etc.

I kept hoping Bartlett would say guys do you want to talk about the improved players or trot out the hackney jokes.

No wonder they are falling in the ratings.

• Like 1

I’m certain you’ll all be interested in an update on Biffen’s latest stretch in rehab. He is almost halfway through and they are removing the straightjacket for a few hours each day. His bladder control is returning but his lewd (and apparently impossible) suggestions to his counsellors are causing concern. Nonetheless hopes are high although he still calls out “Stuie!, Stuie!”, during his hypnosis sessions.

• Like 1

Yes we can, it was wrong. You are allowed to play on if you are behind your mark, in some cases even if you are in front of it, even if the angle is not what some over officious umpire wants you to be on.

Ling described it as bizarre and there was unanimous agreement from the other commentators, most of whom are ex players.

Our coach described it as bewildering and was furious.

It was a momentum killer and in a close game where we were given 5 free kicks for the whole afternoon.

As a general rule that's the case but if the umpire stops play to line the player kicking for goal and signals time on then he must restart play. As I said above, invariably the player will be allowed to play on because it's after a mark has been taken and you should be allowed to play on in those circumstances. In this case where Jetta was outside 50 and never really lining up for goal, the umpire was being ridiculous but he will be supported by the umpires adviser who will argue that he was correct technically. Like many of the game's rules, that's OK if there is consistency - there never is with that one in those circumstances and we were well and truly dudded.

In the instant that Vince kicked it through, you could see the team lift and a goal then would have involved a centre bounce rather than a kick in which gave Collingwood the ball and the capacity to move it into attack. We simply don't know whether Collingwood would have received that late goal courtesy of some dumb sequences of play from us in the last minute of that quarter.

As a general rule that's the case but if the umpire stops play to line the player kicking for goal and signals time on then he must restart play. As I said above, invariably the player will be allowed to play on because it's after a mark has been taken and you should be allowed to play on in those circumstances. In this case where Jetta was outside 50 and never really lining up for goal, the umpire was being ridiculous but he will be supported by the umpires adviser who will argue that he was correct technically. Like many of the game's rules, that's OK if there is consistency - there never is with that one in those circumstances and we were well and truly dudded.

In the instant that Vince kicked it through, you could see the team lift and a goal then would have involved a centre bounce rather than a kick in which gave Collingwood the ball and the capacity to move it into attack. We simply don't know whether Collingwood would have received that late goal courtesy of some dumb sequences of play from us in the last minute of that quarter.

my thinking is that its irrelevant in a fashion whether the whistle is blown or not for time. There is no rationale for expecting bloke to line up at 60. its bizarre. If a player elects to play on as he did its beholding to the umpire to immediately blown for time back on. Id have to look at it again but i dont think jetta even moved

Apparently, the field umpire didn't see the play on from Jetta and recalled the ball. Surely, if that was the case then he should have consulted the other two umpires. I'm told they were also officiating and at the ground.

Apparently, the field umpire didn't see the play on from Jetta and recalled the ball. Surely, if that was the case then he should have consulted the other two umpires. I'm told they were also officiating and at the ground.

the umpire was a dlck....only logical conclusion :rolleyes:

• Like 4