Sign in to follow this  
Webber

Who's in for Jack?

HI WYL Bennell was already in mate!

And not sure I was into bashing.

Just don't like his contribution so far.

You want to check the site again!

Sure you were Bashing....You want him top line in 3 weeks...Varcoe was trash until last year.

Patience GrassHopper.

Sure you were Bashing....You want him top line in 3 weeks...Varcoe was trash until last year.

Patience GrassHopper.

It is a matter of opinion what constutues "bashing",

However if I give my opinion that I do not believe Bennell has what it takes, and you believe it is "bashing", well so be it.

As I said before it is only my opinion Right or wrong.

Thank you Master.

Some players are going to have to step up massively over the next 4-6 weeks while we slowly get some of our team back. Big opportunity for the likes of Jetta and Bennell who have both been thereabouts in our best 25, also a big load for Stef to bare until the Rad Russian is back.

Some interesting times ahead.

I believe Robbie Campbell also played a half in the Casey Reserves last week. Would be good if he could step up to the plate sooner rather than later...

HI WYL Bennell was already in mate!

And not sure I was into bashing.

Just don't like his contribution so far.

You want to check the site again!

You're bashing.

And four goals against Port last year not enough for you to see the kid has obvious talent to burn?

You're bashing.

And four goals against Port last year not enough for you to see the kid has obvious talent to burn?

Thanks BB I knew someone would find the game I missed.

Was on a cruise at the time.

Yes I know it is a tough life but someone has to do it.

Now back to Bennell so that I do not "bash" him again what would you say constitutes a "good " game for him tomorrow?

Not being a smart arse I would just like to know your thoughts.

It is a matter of opinion what constutues "bashing"

However if I give my opinion that I do not believe Bennell has what it takes, and you believe it is "bashing" well so be it.

As I said before it is only my opinion Right or wrong.

Thank you Master

Yes it is a matter of opinion, and i am allowed to think yours is way out of line.

Jamie Bennell will be a very good player, i will wage a six pack on it.

And if you continue to "Bash" him on here i will continue to pull you up.

As an old timer you should have more wisdom, a later bloomer is usually by far the better player.

Darren Cuthbertson was a legend for 2 weeks in 1991.....I would hope Bennell is remembered in terms of years rather than days.

Carry on.

HaHaHa!! After all that Bennell Bashing, Jetta is in! :lol:

Golden stuff Guys, you made me laugh during a rubbish Friday work day....Thanks.

Let's hope Jetta plays a game like he did in Darwin last year....WE NEED YOU NEV.

Bennell Bashing,,,? what a good Idea. I wonder if Beamer has invited him away to his boxing camps? He needs to do some ring work, to get his self belief Up.

I like the potential of Bennell, with his running game. But the trouble is It's always running awayfrom. Not running Into the contested ball situation. you wouldn't exppect him to do this all the time as he can be so damaging when he has the ball, But he Must learn to win his share of contested ball as well, to be a Team Player.

Yes it is a matter of opinion, and i am allowed to think yours is way out of line.

Jamie Bennell will be a very good player, i will wage a six pack on it.

And if you continue to "Bash" him on here i will continue to pull you up.

As an old timer you should have more wisdom, a later bloomer is usually by far the better player.

Darren Cuthbertson was a legend for 2 weeks in 1991.....I would hope Bennell is remembered in terms of years rather than days.

Carry on.

Yes you are allowed to have your own opinion.

I thought that was what Demonland was all about.

The trouble with some late bloomers WYL is they leave it so late we never get to see it.

Old Dee isn't far off the money, perhaps deciding his whole career in the next 3 weeks is a little off.

But people on here have massively overrated Bennell so far, he has shown glimpses of talent amongst huge chunks of going missing, spattered with glimpses of not going when he should.

After a few weeks of terribly soft team efforts coming to ahead against WC, Bennell was one of the 3 'softer' blokes dropped. Good on him for going to Casey and playing well, but he is lucky we copped these injuries, and this is indeed an important time for him to show something, and grow from being dropped.

The Varcoe comparison is an apt one, I said the same thing last year, I hope Bennell can improve like Varcoe did.

I hope it doesn't happen, but how awesome it would be to see big Maxy Gawn out there.

I hope it doesn't happen, but how awesome it would be to see big Maxy Gawn out there.

I hope it doesn't as well, having seen him at Casey a couple of times I think he is some ways off AFL standard yet.

I think a game this early might set him back a bit.

However, no Martin and he is probably in for better or worse.

Yes you are allowed to have your own opinion.

I thought that was what Demonland was all about.

The trouble with some late bloomers WYL is they leave it so late we never get to see it.

Our team is young O.D. Jamie has plenty of time, But Tomorrow would be a great start, our list is now being really tested as our top 2 draft picks are out along with Jordie & Frank Grimes.

Jamie will be raring to go i predict ... tomorrow we really need our captain working overtime. I hope he relishes the opportunity.

I am glad you see things I don't.

My comment is that he has 3 weeks where it is doubtfull we have anyone to take his place.

After that we hopefully will have a number of players pushing for a spot.

On past and current form would you play him in preference to Trengove, Mckenzie or Scully?

Add in Blease and Strauss maybe in a few weeks time.

I look forward to seeing something.

I have never seen him play a game where I would put him in the top 10 of our players.

Bate and Dunn had plenty of games in the earlier years where they were inside the top 10.

Just does not do anything for me.

Happy to be wrong.

Don't think it is fair to say to Bennell "3 weeks or that's it."

And Dunn did nothing in his first three years. I would argue he has played half a season of good footy and half a season of decent footy.

He's going to find it difficult to keep his place when everyone is fit, but that isn't because he isn't developing, it is because of our talent.

Old Dee isn't far off the money, perhaps deciding his whole career in the next 3 weeks is a little off.

But people on here have massively overrated Bennell so far, he has shown glimpses of talent amongst huge chunks of going missing, spattered with glimpses of not going when he should.

After a few weeks of terribly soft team efforts coming to ahead against WC, Bennell was one of the 3 'softer' blokes dropped. Good on him for going to Casey and playing well, but he is lucky we copped these injuries, and this is indeed an important time for him to show something, and grow from being dropped.

The Varcoe comparison is an apt one, I said the same thing last year, I hope Bennell can improve like Varcoe did.

Bennell will be a very good player. Please bookmark my call and feel free to bag me in a few years if I'm wrong. He can have moments of sheer class. Yes they are few and far between at the moment but younger players are clearly more inconsistent. He probably has as big an upside as any of our youngsters and I for one, feel more excited about this guy than most. He'll be good, very good.

Bennell will be a very good player. Please bookmark my call and feel free to bag me in a few years if I'm wrong. He can have moments of sheer class. Yes they are few and far between at the moment but younger players are clearly more inconsistent. He probably has as big an upside as any of our youngsters and I for one, feel more excited about this guy than most. He'll be good, very good.

Goal against Footscray last year....?? I am with you mate...he will burn in september in the future.

Goal against Footscray last year....?? I am with you mate...he will burn in september in the future.

Best goal I have seen since Farmer used to jag them from everywhere.

Saying he'll improve or become a very good player is one thing, predicting he'll burn in september is as stupid as saying the next 3 weeks will decide his career.

Aaron Davey is a very good player, hasn't got a kick in September, Leon Davis has had one exceptional season and then didn't get a touch in September.

Bennell is softer than both, and hasn't shown anything near what either of those 2 showed in their first 10 games...

People are saying 'no Martin' - do we know if he'll be having a late fitness test at all?

I'm assuming Gawn may actually need to be at the game (are Casey playing tomorrow or Sunday?)

Saying he'll improve or become a very good player is one thing, predicting he'll burn in september is as stupid as saying the next 3 weeks will decide his career.

Aaron Davey is a very good player, hasn't got a kick in September, Leon Davis has had one exceptional season and then didn't get a touch in September.

Bennell is softer than both, and hasn't shown anything near what either of those 2 showed in their first 10 games...

you've got to be joking, in JB's 40 games he has put together a pretty impressive highlight reel

Looking forward to seeing the indigenous five (Davey, Jurrah, Wonna, Jetta, Benell) all out there together tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would be the first time all 5 have been in the senior side together, yeah?

Could make for some really exciting footy.

Reason for edit: Just realised there was a thread for this already... exciting nonetheless.

Edited by demonblood

Hey i put a six pack on it so i reckon he will be a gun....2 years ago did you predict anything of Varcoe?? personally i just thought his shoulders would fall off & he would just retire.

The Brothers take longer to mature.Bennell is not big, but is fast with skills...if you think that means he is soft as butter go for your life. Bennell is not built like Lethal Leigh.

Edited by why you little

you've got to be joking, in JB's 40 games he has put together a pretty impressive highlight reel

4 ripping goals and a mark of the week? In how many games? Jurrah had that in 3 games...

Besides, I'm talking about good games, not fkn highlight reels ffs.

Thanks BB I knew someone would find the game I missed.

Was on a cruise at the time.

Yes I know it is a tough life but someone has to do it.

Now back to Bennell so that I do not "bash" him again what would you say constitutes a "good " game for him tomorrow?

Not being a smart arse I would just like to know your thoughts.

Ah, you've had it hard.

I'd like to see lots of chasing, forward pressure and see him make use of his exceptional pace. Just needs to play his role tomorrow.

Hey i put a six pack on it so i reckon he will be a gun....2 years ago did you predict anything of Varcoe?? personally i just thought his shoulders would fall off & he would just retire.

The Brothers take longer to mature.Bennell is not big, but is fast with skills...if you think that means he is soft as butter go for your life. Bennell is not built like Lethal Leigh.

Varcoe hasn't been that good this year IMO. He's building slowly though.

I hear what your saying but alan johnson he is not. Johno was hard on himself and would will himself to go where angels like Bennell fear to tread.

Bennell will be a very good player, but zIf we don't make him learn to "Go", then he''s shown too many times consistently over a 3 Year period now, that he won't. Thats why he's now being dropped, because the selectors are getting impatient with Him,,, and Morton.. We have other players Now demanding those spots in the side.

Over to You,,,, Jamie.

Looking forward to seeing the indigenous five (Davey, Jurrah, Wonna, Jetta, Benell) all out there together tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would be the first time all 5 have been in the senior side together, yeah?

Could make for some really exciting footy.

Reason for edit: Just realised there was a thread for this already... exciting nonetheless.

The boys have a major weapon for the narrows of the dome. Agility, if they use it.