Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

Hi Guys. First time poster!

Despite all of the hysteria I am here to tell you that Tom has

1 Not signed or even made a heads of agreement deal to head north

2 Has put off contract negotiations for the simple reason is that his management have told him to wait until the CBA is finalized to see what is in the pool (TV rights & what % is distributed to the clubs), effectively the salary cap in 2013 & 2014.

3 Is looking to buy a house/property in Melbourne, but cannot get finance until he has a contract

4 Cannot earn more than a set salary for the first 2 years (Whats the point of signing NOW for "unders" if he has a slashing first 10-12 rounds)

5 Has been strong enough to resist doing a back flip & signing due to media hype & speculation

Having said this it is incumbent on the club to put a good deal on the table come contract time as at the end of the day, you have a 10-12 year window at best to capitalize on earning potential.

For all of those that want him burnt at the stake & playing at Casey please bear in mind that he was HAPPY to sign for 3 years last August, but his management made the decision to play poker.

The boy loves playing, loves playing at Melbourne, has a fantastic relationship with the boys there and if the club do the right thing, will be there for the next 10-15 years!!!

Good points.

Item 3 may be a way to keep Tom at Melbourne.

If he buys a property valued at $750,000 or less, he may be eligible for the First Home Owner Grant - worth $7000.

There is a special rule with the grant that requires the applicant to reside in the property for at least 6 months.

It states 'the applicant must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least 6 months, commencing within 12 months of either settlement or completion of construction (the residency requirement).

The First Home Owner Grant is not intended to be used for the purchase of an investment property. Accordingly, the State Revenue Office gathers information via the public, data-matching and other sources to ensure recipients of the Grant comply with the 6 month residence requirement.

A targeted audit program will be conducted with agents who approve payments of the Grant on behalf of the SRO to ensure maximum legislative compliance.

Further, where the SRO detects instances of blatant dishonesty, the SRO will conduct prosecution activity'.

It would be mildly humorous if GWS could not lure Tom to Sydney because of the first home owner grant residency rules.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points.

Item 3 may be a way to keep Tom at Melbourne.

If he buys a property valued at $750,000 or less, he may be eligible for the First Home Owner Grant - worth $7000.

There is a special rule with the grant that requires the applicant to reside in the property for at least 6 months.

It states 'the applicant must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least 6 months, commencing within 12 months of either settlement or completion of construction (the residency requirement).

The First Home Owner Grant is not intended to be used for the purchase of an investment property. Accordingly, the State Revenue Office gathers information via the public, data-matching and other sources to ensure recipients of the Grant comply with the 6 month residence requirement.

A targeted audit program will be conducted with agents who approve payments of the Grant on behalf of the SRO to ensure maximum legislative compliance.

Further, where the SRO detects instances of blatant dishonesty, the SRO will conduct prosecution activity'.

It would be mildly humorous if GWS could not lure Tom to Sydney because of the first home owner grant residency rules.

My God man you're not serious are you? We are talking millions and you're putting up 7K

BTW If any moron even thinks of booing Scully you better not be standing anywhere near me or the St.John's people will be scraping you off the concourse

Hi Guys. First time poster!

Despite all of the hysteria I am here to tell you that Tom has

1 Not signed or even made a heads of agreement deal to head north

2 Has put off contract negotiations for the simple reason is that his management have told him to wait until the CBA is finalized to see what is in the pool (TV rights & what % is distributed to the clubs), effectively the salary cap in 2013 & 2014.

3 Is looking to buy a house/property in Melbourne, but cannot get finance until he has a contract

4 Cannot earn more than a set salary for the first 2 years (Whats the point of signing NOW for "unders" if he has a slashing first 10-12 rounds)

5 Has been strong enough to resist doing a back flip & signing due to media hype & speculation

Having said this it is incumbent on the club to put a good deal on the table come contract time as at the end of the day, you have a 10-12 year window at best to capitalize on earning potential.

For all of those that want him burnt at the stake & playing at Casey please bear in mind that he was HAPPY to sign for 3 years last August, but his management made the decision to play poker.

The boy loves playing, loves playing at Melbourne, has a fantastic relationship with the boys there and if the club do the right thing, will be there for the next 10-15 years!!!

Thankyou & welcome-I hope all of your words come true.

I look forward to "Sculls" having a fantastic year in 2011..whatever happens after that will take care of itself.

I believe that the MFC will keep Tom, but the 2011 season has not even started yet.

Much water under the bridge first....

I'll be down for the Sydney game - any drunken lout booing Tom gets verbally dissected by me to the point of total embarrassment to those around him.

I don't think it'll happen but I won't allow one instance of it.

Anyone thinking with evidence of nothing but rumour that he is leaving doesn't have the right to embarrass my club.

If anyone Boo's Scully in the MCC Reserve i assure you it will be on!!

He is a contracted player for 2011 with the MFC.

I want people to cheer every Tom Scully stat this year...make him feel wanted people.

Completely agree. If anyone boo's Scully they are not a real Melbourne supporter- they are just an [censored]. And I love the guy to pieces.

This is exactly what I was getting to!

Boo him in April/May & June, but then he signs in August!!!

What then????

I know for a fact that this kid loves the MFC!!!!!!

The question that everybody needs answered, is what have the MFC offered him to stay?????

Maybe we need to look at retention as an option?

Lets get it all knocked over soon & get on with the footy!!!!

I have no idea of the veracity of your claims, and I don't base my views on any 'inside' knowledge.

Occam's Razor tells me that he hasn't signed, he is entitled to wait, we shouldn't be worried, we will pay over market, and he should be kept from answering the bottomless pit of questions that journos would have for him.

The next move for the club - let it be.

We will give him an offer in time, it will be a good one, keep him from pressers not involving the words 're-signing today,' and don't confront him or give him an ultimatum.

We are the MFC and we keep our best players.

My God man you're not serious are you? We are talking millions and you're putting up 7K

Read the fine print.

It's not the $7000 that would keep him in Melbourne.

It's the compliance rules.

The applicant must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least 6 months, commencing within 12 months of either settlement or completion of construction.

I have no idea of the veracity of your claims, and I don't base my views on any 'inside' knowledge.

Occam's Razor tells me that he hasn't signed, he is entitled to wait, we shouldn't be worried, we will pay over market, and he should be kept from answering the bottomless pit of questions that journos would have for him.

The next move for the club - let it be.

We will give him an offer in time, it will be a good one, keep him from pressers not involving the words 're-signing today,' and don't confront him or give him an ultimatum.

We are the MFC and we keep our best players.

Another example - Aaron Davey.

I believe the front loaded his contract in 2009 so the club would have more cash for the new kids on the block.

While I agree with the content, I have a huge issue with anyone using Occam's Razor as a validation of their argument. Yes, the less complicated answer is more likely to be true, but it is not a hard and fast rule nor a law of nature that this be the case.

While I agree with the content, I have a huge issue with anyone using Occam's Razor as a validation of their argument. Yes, the less complicated answer is more likely to be true, but it is not a hard and fast rule nor a law of nature that this be the case.

And simplicity can be subjective at times can't it?

I can't be stuffed editing it, but point taken.

Yes however Aristotle tells us perfection equals simplicity. Therefore Occam's Razor premise that "the more perfect (Sculls) a nature is the fewer means it requires for its operation" - he doesnt need the 6 mill. applies. Yay he'll stay a Demon. :blink:

Yes however Aristotle tells us perfection equals simplicity. Therefore Occam's Razor premise that "the more perfect (Sculls) a nature is the fewer means it requires for its operation" - he doesnt need the 6 mill. applies. Yay he'll stay a Demon. :blink:

I like it. Of course, I was never a big fan of the old time Greek philosophers. They largely seemed to be a pack of pompous windbags who thought that if you talked enough your point was proven regardless of what you actually said. The odd one did come up with something worthwhile though.

Read the fine print.

It's not the $7000 that would keep him in Melbourne.

It's the compliance rules.

The applicant must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least 6 months, commencing within 12 months of either settlement or completion of construction.

It's not that complicated.

You just leave it as your "official address" and your mailing address.

You don't have to actually be there.

very true ..the old negatre the capital gains tax method.. Similar thing..similar !!

Do you?

No Future Fund event tonight, for you 45?

Chris Connolly, Peter Spargo & Don McLardy addressed the Scully situation, among other things.

The club has spoken to both Scully and his management.

Tom is very very happy at the club and just wants to concentrate on his footy.

Negotiations have been put off until the conclusion of the season, at the request of his management so the new tv deal can be factored in.

They stressed that it's not just about Tom, but all of our talented you kids.

We have a very good group and the club is confident they will all want to stay with their mates for a long period of success.

Well. Ill sit back and wait to see how things actually work out. Would still prefer the Scully camp make some motion towards indicating their ideals.

Well Good luck to the MFC and good luck to those negoatiating to stay.

Go Dees

No Future Fund event tonight, for you 45?

Chris Connolly, Peter Spargo & Don McLardy addressed the Scully situation, among other things.

The club has spoken to both Scully and his management.

Tom is very very happy at the club and just wants to concentrate on his footy.

Negotiations have been put off until the conclusion of the season, at the request of his management so the new tv deal can be factored in.

They stressed that it's not just about Tom, but all of our talented you kids.

We have a very good group and the club is confident they will all want to stay with their mates for a long period of success.

Good news. Anything else to report?

Really?? is that how dumb that law is!!! One of Justin Madden's Gems was it??

What a circus that Brumby government was (and i am not keen on the libs at all!!!) B)

Really?? is that how dumb that law is!!! One of Justin Madden's Gems was it??

What a circus that Brumby government was (and i am not keen on the libs at all!!!) B)

Well, how else could you monitor and enforce it?

It's all for show.

Good news. Anything else to report?

Could probably do with it's own thread, but I can't be bothered (and this one needs new legs).

We're a few thousand members ahead of where we were last year (but this forum seems to be onto that already).

The board budgeted for 35k members this year, but felt we needed to aim higher after reaching that last year and due to our likely further lift in performance.

The draw is competitively very very good, but commercially very very tough.

We need to keep getting people through the gates & all MCC/MFC members should be entering with their MFC membership, then leaving and going back in through the MCC entry.

Sammy Blease looking good and his body is right, but it has probably taken longer for him to be mentally over the injury.

Should have a good year.

Aussie has a different program sorted out for him by Joel Hocking and the coaches, to get him up to speed after missing training due to his father's funeral, etc.

He should be up to speed in 2-3 weeks, maybe 4 at most.

Jordie McKenzie and Col Garland came up with the nickname Goodtimes Grimes, because they reckon he is so serious.

Grimes and Garland had a good laugh about it and you can see there is plenty of healthy banter between the boys.

Jurrah's haircut has been a big talking point, with Daniel Motlop & Jamie Bennell both texting Aussie telling him to check out his hair when be sees him.

Aussie got roped into collecting Jurrah & Bennell from the airport after they came back from being with the indigenous all-stars.

Jurrah was wearing a hat and Aussie had to whip it off to get a good look.

I think he said Jurrah got the original haircut from his cousin a couple of years ago, but the current cut is from a hairdresser in Sydney.

Aussie is great to listen to as he tells stories.

And Aussie also told of Kelvin Lawrence after a few weeks being incredibly homesick & thinking about chucking it in to go back to WA.

He was getting really down & told Ian Flack and Aussie, so Aussie & the other brothers took him out for dinner and made a concerted effort to get around him.

Told him that the year goes pretty quick once the footy starts and suddenly the season is over & you get to go back home for a while.

Apparently since then Kel is really happy with his decision to stay.

That's all I can remember.

Obviously a lot of that is paraphrased.

Junior - CC personally took a lot of credit for the poor handling of that situation.

In trying to do it the "right" way, by giving him a send-off match and planning it ahead, they probably did it the "wrong" way.

At the time it hadn't properly sunk into McDonald that it was probably his last season, and they hadn't done enough to prepare him for that eventuality.

They said something about his hamstring, but I didn't catch it.

He was offered a role at the club and they were pretty keen to keep him there, but he wanted to get away from football for a while.

He's involved in a meat company (?) that he wants to spend some time working on as well as time with family.

The mentor role with GWS is minor.

They're very confident Junior will be back at the club in some sort of capacity in the next few years.