Jump to content

  • Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

Dappa Dan

NFL

Recommended Posts

Ravens Chiefs Giants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams  Ravens  Giants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints lose,  Rams lose,  KC lose,  Cowboys lose - whooda thunk-it!  Should be a cracker of a game tomorrow - Seattle @ San Francisco

For all your NFL Highlights - NFL Youtube

 

 

Edited by Macca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McVay chose not to give the ball to Gurley for the first two drives and then none in the whole last qtr.

He has lost it, our O line is beaten up and Goff is On he verge of being a bust, a bust about to get a massive pay rise. 
 

The offence scored 3pts for the game. Made 1/13 3rd downs.

McVay needs to find a plan B, and FFS figure out how to adapt in game which he is poor at.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching MNF.. Crazy good game. Every time one team looked like they had control the other would make a huge play... Sort of had the feeling the 49ers rookie kicker was going to miss the game winning FG. Full credit to Seattle, they were under the pump early and found a way. 

Haven't seen a huge amount of the 49ers but thought Garoppolo was pretty poor and on that evidence may be what holds back the 49ers going deep (or could be one average game, as I said haven't seen enough this year but not overly sold on him)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JV7 said:

Just finished watching MNF.. Crazy good game. Every time one team looked like they had control the other would make a huge play... Sort of had the feeling the 49ers rookie kicker was going to miss the game winning FG. Full credit to Seattle, they were under the pump early and found a way. 

Haven't seen a huge amount of the 49ers but thought Garoppolo was pretty poor and on that evidence may be what holds back the 49ers going deep (or could be one average game, as I said haven't seen enough this year but not overly sold on him)

A tie might have been a more fitting result as there was nothing between the 2 sides in a riotous affair.  I thought Garoppolo was reasonably good without being outstanding.  He's had better games this year though so there's upside.  Both QB's were about as good as each other today.  Whoever had the ball last ultimately won the game so the Niners were a tad unlucky. 

The Packers go to San Francisco in 2 weeks time and that result will have ramifications with the Vikings & Seattle looming large in each respective division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy G made some big mistakes in the second half with Sanders off, was high, should have been picked multiple times but in saying that, his own players dropped a few of his passes. He is essentially one season into his on field career, next two months will be telling for the niners and JG.

Cracking game to watch, but f&dk me I hate them both 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Macca said:

A tie might have been a more fitting result as there was nothing between the 2 sides in a riotous affair.  I thought Garoppolo was reasonably good without being outstanding.  He's had better games this year though so there's upside.  Both QB's were about as good as each other today.  Whoever had the ball last ultimately won the game so the Niners were a tad unlucky. 

The Packers go to San Francisco in 2 weeks time and that result will have ramifications with the Vikings & Seattle looming large in each respective division. 

Definitely thought the tie was on the cards, would've been a fitting result. I felt Garoppolo didn't seem overly confident stepping up into the pocket & had a lot of off throws, lucky he wasn't picked off a few other times not all his fault but. 49ers were due not too many sides last this long unbeaten

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JV7 said:

Definitely thought the tie was on the cards, would've been a fitting result. I felt Garoppolo didn't seem overly confident stepping up into the pocket & had a lot of off throws, lucky he wasn't picked off a few other times not all his fault but. 49ers were due not too many sides last this long unbeaten

Not having his go-to guy would have made a difference. George Kittle is becoming to Jimmy G what Gronk was to Brady

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Go the Biff said:

Not having his go-to guy would have made a difference. George Kittle is becoming to Jimmy G what Gronk was to Brady

The 'Interception' from Goroppolo was from a muffed catch by one of his receivers and they dropped a few other easy ones including one in the end zone for a missed TD.   Those QBR ratings often don't tell the true story GtB

Packers have got the bye then we come to your house in week 12.  A Mini-showdown or perhaps even more significant with regards to the outcome.  As always,  may the better team win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 big points on offer for week 11 in the comp.  Good luck to all.

Leaderboard in the Tipping Comp

8 - JV7,  Go the Biff

7 - Dee Zephyr,  Gorgoroth

5 - Dappa Dan,  Layzie,  Macca

4 - DeeSpencer,  Clintosaurus

 

image.png.4f7ff31680e4c511b25514bb12b0a676.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Macca said:

The 'Interception' from Goroppolo was from a muffed catch by one of his receivers and they dropped a few other easy ones including one in the end zone for a missed TD.   Those QBR ratings often don't tell the true story GtB

Packers have got the bye then we come to your house in week 12.  A Mini-showdown or perhaps even more significant with regards to the outcome.  As always,  may the better team win.

Only saw the highlights but it sounds like it would have been both a fun & frustrating watch. There's a bit of Alex Smith about Jimmy G at the moment. Nothing wrong with that but it will be interesting to see if he can elevate himself to the top echelon of QB's. Jury is still out as despite seemingly having been around forever, he's still relatively inexperienced.

Haven't been carried away with the 8-0 start. There's been a bit of "dancing with your sister" about the '49ers so far. The Seahawks were just the start. The real season starts against your mob. That game has been moved to SNF.

Anyway, Bills, Pats & Chiefs this week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Go the Biff said:

Only saw the highlights but it sounds like it would have been both a fun & frustrating watch. There's a bit of Alex Smith about Jimmy G at the moment. Nothing wrong with that but it will be interesting to see if he can elevate himself to the top echelon of QB's. Jury is still out as despite seemingly having been around forever, he's still relatively inexperienced.

Haven't been carried away with the 8-0 start. There's been a bit of "dancing with your sister" about the '49ers so far. The Seahawks were just the start. The real season starts against your mob. That game has been moved to SNF.

Anyway, Bills, Pats & Chiefs this week

Your D is very good (2nd in yards allowed) so Garoppolo doesn't necessarily need to be a star QB. 

Your running game is 2nd in the league too (behind the Ravens only) so Garoppolo just needs to be managed well. 

The Packers/49ers is a good match-up too as the Packers have improved their D and their running game as well.  Thus,  taking the pressure off Rodgers (about time!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting game on MNF. Tough one to lose but I also kind of expected it, though didn’t expect a kicker from the street who flushed 2 previous to choke like that. Injuries are mounting and the roster is quite young, Pettis and Samuel’s 2 drops really hurt. 
 

Jimmy G did struggle to step up when it was on the line but at that point he was missing Kittle, Goodwin and Sanders who he’s built instant rapport with. Seattle are very good but giving Wilson the ball 3 times in OT doesn’t help. Far and way MVP at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints, Chiefs, Pats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a crap game. That guy should be banned for a while for smacking Rudolph with his own helmet. Disgusting.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

What a crap game. That guy should be banned for a while for smacking Rudolph with his own helmet. Disgusting.

Crazy end.

Garrett has to go for big big weeks, there is already talk of him losing his contract at the Browns.

Pouncey will also get suspended for the punches and kicking he does to Garrett in retaliation.

But tbh, Garrett must cop a 16 week suspension. It has to be a year for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Crazy end.

Garrett has to go for big big weeks, there is already talk of him losing his contract at the Browns.

Pouncey will also get suspended for the punches and kicking he does to Garrett in retaliation.

But tbh, Garrett must cop a 16 week suspension. It has to be a year for that.

Can't believe it. Such a cleanskin too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Can't believe it. Such a cleanskin too.

He connects pretty well. 
 

Rudolph got ejected for a H2H that caused bleeding from the receivers ear. There was some dirty hits in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

He connects pretty well. 
 

Rudolph got ejected for a H2H that caused bleeding from the receivers ear. There was some dirty hits in the game.

To go from 49ers v Seahawks a few days earlier, and then to that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pouncey suspended for 3 games

Garrett is suspended indefinitely which will not be lifted prior to the end of the year inc playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely unbelievable scenes from Garrett yesterday... Yes Rudolph shouldn't have gone for Garrett's helmet on the ground but that sort of retaliation is unacceptable, deserves that ban at a minimum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...