Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sylvia, Sylvia, where art thou Sylvia?

burn in hell

I have been a fan of Colin Sylvia ever since he came to the club. The man could be the complete footballer if he wanted to.

He is powerful, he is able to win clearances by breaking packs and charging through the congestion.

He is a ferocious tackler and is able to hunt opponents down.

He is a terrific mark, fantastic leap, strong hands, good on a lead with great timing. A Huge pack mark.

He can kick big goals, long bombs from outside fifty or over the shoulder snaps.

He has great skills, hand and foot, can evade, can run, can carry and pin-point passes.

When he has the ball, he has footy smarts, usually gives it to the best option.

And he has the charisma to will the team to victory. He can be genuinely exciting.

He is the complete package.

in summary;

He is a beast like Todd Viney

He is mecurial and exciting like Allan Jakovich

He can take pack marks like David Schwarz

He can impose his strength like Stephen Tingay

If only he had the desire of James McDonald.

To be honest, he is on the verge of being dropped.

I have been a fan of Colin Sylvia ever since he came to the club. The man could be the complete footballer if he wanted to.

He is powerful, he is able to win clearances by breaking packs and charging through the congestion.

He is a terrific mark, fantastic leap, strong hands, good on a lead with great timing. A Huge pack mark.

He can kick big goals, long bombs from outside fifty or over the shoulder snaps.

He has great skills, hand and foot, can evade, can run, can carry and pin-point passes.

And he has the charisma to will the team to victory. He can be genuinely exciting.

in summary;

Disturbing that his form has dropped away and someone has reported him being out until 6.30 in the morning. A return to bad habits ??

in summary;

His Achilles heel, - His ego erodes his focus. Stay off TV Col, you cant handle it.

Seems to me he only plays a commanding role against weaker sides.

This has got to stop or else he can leave through the side door

The MFC does not have room for passengers anymore-Maybe Colin Sylvia needs a good long Heart to Heart with our President.

The word passenger would not exist in Jimmy's Book.

in summary;

Exceptionally well put! I agree with everything you've written. It's kinda like Travis Johnstone revisited. In both cases, they have teased us with their potential to the point of extreme torture.

Colin gave us hints last year, and I think we all salivated at the prospect of him dominating this season.

Alas, to this point, we have again been left shaking our heads and lamenting unfulfilled dreams.

Ah! The lot of a Melbourne supporter...!!

Seems to me he only plays a commanding role against weaker sides.

This has got to stop or else he can leave through the side door

The MFC does not have room for passengers anymore-Maybe Colin Sylvia needs a good long Heart to Heart with our President.

The word passenger would not exist in Jimmy's Book.

Fair dinkum mate pull your head in!!

Sylv was flying through the pre-season until he had his jaw broken then it was a week by week case until he had full confidence in the jaw.

Tell me you think it would be easy after a broken jaw and missing a substantial chunk of match fitness

Sylvia is a quality player who has had a couple of down weeks but he is no passenger

Maybe a thought might be to watch him a little closer this week and see how hard he really works around the ground especially with his 1 percenters instead of taking pot shots at him

Sylv was flying through the pre-season until he had his jaw broken then it was a week by week case until he had full confidence in the jaw.

Tell me you think it would be easy after a broken jaw and missing a substantial chunk of match fitness

Sylvia is a quality player who has had a couple of down weeks but he is no passenger

Maybe a thought might be to watch him a little closer this week and see how hard he really works around the ground especially with his 1 percenters instead of taking pot shots at him

Yeah i love threads like this, 2 or 3 weeks playing below par and he is suddenly a drug addict, out to 6.30 in the morning.

I don't understand how other players in the team aren't being critiqued similarly.

Even ablett has days off, give the guy a break to prove it on the field before you compare him to Travis Johnston people.

Win 3 games in a row, people on here are saying we can make the top 4, lose 3 games in a row the sky is falling.

He came back after his injury and played awesome. Kicking goals, making an option up forward taking marks tackling putting in. He has done bugger all since then.

Watching the replay, I think he was down on his own form, but not so bad that he should be dropped.

Wait until next week, or the week after before a decision is made. One bad game you could excuse. Two bad games you look closer (Morrison beat him, understandably). Thre bad games you put the acid on him and you see if he has the gumption to make a change. The 4th and 5th bad games tell you more.

Watching the replay, I think he was down on his own form, but not so bad that he should be dropped.

Wait until next week, or the week after before a decision is made. One bad game you could excuse. Two bad games you look closer (Morrison beat him, understandably). Thre bad games you put the acid on him and you see if he has the gumption to make a change. The 4th and 5th bad games tell you more.

How many chances you giving him Dappa Dan ?

5 ?

If he doesn't get dropped this week, the acid should be on him against Port.

There are two major issues I see with Sylvia:

1) Sylvia isn't a natural ball magnet, he often gets caught watching around the packs while other players go in and get the ball. I think he needs to be played on the ball more, he needs to have the ball come to him more.

2) He can't break tackles, for someone of his size and strength it's frustrating watching him get continually caught with the ball. Jones has improved a lot in this area, Sylvia needs to as well.

2) He can't break tackles, for someone of his size and strength it's frustrating watching him get continually caught with the ball. Jones has improved a lot in this area, Sylvia needs to as well.

Moloney is the same. They all try and barge there way through. 9/10 they hold the ball as if it's being held to them and get a ball up.

in summary;

The fact is he isnt the complete package nor is he anything like Viney, Jako, Ox or Stinger. They excelled in their area of expertise. Sylvia only gives glimpses of what might be.

If he continues to play like he did against WBs and WCs then he will. At present he is burning the get out of jail cards. He has scope to improve as I cant see a ready replacement for him coming from Casey.

I posted that in another thread however it has been removed and I am not able to go into it or I will be banned.

Its been clearly explained why your allegations were removed and why they were inappropriate as a topic for discussion on this site. Dont play the victim ticket.

never again should he be on the footy show or any footy show for that matter. Media street does not sit well with Colin.

Ugh. This must be it. Of course. :wacko:

There are two major issues I see with Sylvia:

1) Sylvia isn't a natural ball magnet, he often gets caught watching around the packs while other players go in and get the ball. I think he needs to be played on the ball more, he needs to have the ball come to him more.

I've said it before - Sylvia is lazy. Watch the work he does (very little) when we don't have the footy. He strolls around the centre corridor.

Talent to burn but won't run.

Seriously ?? Match fitness, He missed a few weeks. I agree maybe a little confidence was lost with his jaw but in the last three weeks he has been nothing short of a passenger. Colin only needs a big lollipop stop sign and he will be the complete traffic controller, He stands out there pointing and directing traffic it makes me sick. I have watched him very closely and he simply won't run for his team mates or chase opposition. So YES, I will label him a lazy passenger !!! Your not a celebrity Col your an average footballer at the moment. Casey is calling.

Col is a Jet when he turns it on....sadly that is not often enough. The difference between his best and his worst is far too large. He didnt have a limited pre-season as advised above.....he missed the first few games AFTER his pre-season and his first game back was testament to what he is capable of. There was a bit more of this against Brisbane and from there it has tailed off. I heard last week that he may have carried am injury into the dogs game, regardless players carry injuries all the time. Don't think he will be dropped yet, but another week or two like the last 2-3 weeks would see him given a spell. As far as no replacements go, if Gysberts doesn't get a shot by then there is no reason he couldn't replace Sylvia for a spell.

Pull your finger out Col!!

If its purely atititude, drop him to the magoos.. send him ( and others ) a BIG message.. mediocrity , and its acceptance is not given at Melbourne ( any more)

No Passengers at the MFC...no more