Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

James McDonald

BAMF

I have been one of the many people over the years to under-rate Junior. When he was drafted I didn't think he would even get to 50 games.

I was shocked when he was appointed captain, as I assumed he would be playing less game time towards the end of his career.

A couple of years later im still waiting for him to start slowing down.

However the old man just isn't slowing down. He's very close to his All Australian form.

If he continues to play anywhere near this level for the rest of the year then we would be foolish not to give him another year.

It's going to be very hard for spots on the list if we do. Especially with Bail smashing it. He has gone from certain de-listing to a very promising player.

If he continues to play anywhere near this level for the rest of the year then we would be foolish not to give him another year.

It's going to be very hard for spots on the list if we do. Especially with Bail smashing it. He has gone from certain de-listing to a very promising player.

A year's a long time in footy, but if we were to keep McDonald the impact on the list is pretty minor.

Due to his vet status I believe it means we just have one less rookie spot.

Regardless, list spots are even less of an issue given the nature of upcoming drafts, the demographics of our list, and the fact that - IMO - we still have a fair bit of dead wood to cut over the next couple of years.

A year's a long time in footy, but if we were to keep McDonald the impact on the list is pretty minor.

Regardless, list spots are even less of an issue given the nature of upcoming drafts, the demographics of our list, and the fact that - IMO - we still have a fair bit of dead wood to cut over the next couple of years.

If Junior Played next year he would have to be an impact player off the Bench. Let's get through this year first-it's only just started really.

If Junior Played next year he would have to be an impact player off the Bench. Let's get through this year first-it's only just started really.

Junior McDonald should play for Melbourne as long as he wants to play. He has so much integrity that he would not decide to go on if he couldn't cut it with the best.

Junior McDonald should play for Melbourne as long as he wants to play. He has so much integrity that he would not decide to go on if he couldn't cut it with the best.

Absolutely, his game last sunday reminded me so much of Robert Harvey. He was just using all his skills, & knowing which one to use at the right time.

No. Brad Green qualifies for vet status nxt year and i'm gathering Bruce is the other one. Mcdonald will cost a youngster a senior spot next year. Thanks for your efforts Junior but this will be your last year.

I guess it comes down to how many new players we want to take on at the end of the year.

We will need to make room on the main list for Spencer and Mckenzie. I would expect us to use our first 3 rounds picks on new players. Thats 5 players that will have to go at years end.

No. Brad Green qualifies for vet status nxt year and i'm gathering Bruce is the other one. Mcdonald will cost a youngster a senior spot next year. Thanks for your efforts Junior but this will be your last year.

Disrespectful post!

Bruce and Green don't tackle, rarely lead by example and don't bleed for the club as much as Junior. Green is fabulous but will not ever have Junior's endurance and commitment.

I have been one of the many people over the years to under-rate Junior. When he was drafted I didn't think he would even get to 50 games.

I was shocked when he was appointed captain, as I assumed he would be playing less game time towards the end of his career.

A couple of years later im still waiting for him to start slowing down.

However the old man just isn't slowing down. He's very close to his All Australian form.

Junior McDonald

No *23 Age: 33Yr 6Mths

Games: 239+

DOB: Oct 5th 1976

Hght: 180cms Wght: 75Kgs

Midfielder

Drafted Rnd 4 Pick #51 '96 Rookie draft

IMO he should go on if he desires.

He's the current backbone of the onfield spirit. He doesn't have to be captain next year to continue, but he's playing well enough to do so.

Disrespectful post!

Bruce and Green don't tackle, rarely lead by example and don't bleed for the club as much as Junior. Green is fabulous but will not ever have Junior's endurance and commitment.

I think Greeny has pretty good commitment-Just ask his Jaw over the last 2 years-I think Greeny has stepped up & it's line ball between he & Junior now-which is a healthy situation. one in defence one in attack.

My God.

I guess it comes down to how many new players we want to take on at the end of the year.

We will need to make room on the main list for Spencer and Mckenzie. I would expect us to use our first 3 rounds picks on new players. Thats 5 players that will have to go at years end.

So who will they be?

Green does not tackle....unbelievable.

Oh whats that they dont bleed for the club enough... well then sack them.....shysters!

I reckon Junior Mac will call time on his own career at the right time.

He's not the sort of bloke to want to stick around that extra year too long (ie. Robbo)

I think Junior will see it out this year and retire a champion of the Club. He knows when age does get you in AFL, it gets you very quickly. I am not sure either he or the Club would be contemplating 2011.....certainly not at this stage.

He will have played more games than any other player who have come off the rookie list.

A wonderful career

I think Junior will see it out this year and retire a champion of the Club. He knows when age does get you in AFL, it gets you very quickly. I am not sure either he or the Club would be contemplating 2011.....certainly not at this stage.

He will have played more games than any other player who have come off the rookie list.

A wonderful career

i think jnr would like another contract (another year). Obviously he has to carry on this season as he has started it, to earn it.

Disrespectful post!

Fail.

Bruce tackles plenty (perhaps not the hard ones, but he is capable of racking up big numbers)... and Green is now as courageous and hard as they come.

It really comes down to how his body feels at the end of the year. Macca is only one injury away from the end.

On current for and out lists current development, he still easily makes our best 22. If his body is right, and the mind is willing I can see Macca going around for one more year.

It is no secret that the upcoming draft is going to produce very few sure things. Our rookie list will pretty much be a clean slate at the end of the season (lets be honest, Jordie and Spencer will be given spots, the rest will be unlucky and have to try elsewhere).

We won't use many draft selections in the ND. We will take a few flyers in the rookie draft, which is where this club seems to find diamonds in the rough time and time again. There is enough dead wood to cleat to allow us to draft in both drafts without Macca having to retire.

The truth is, the MFC is not ready to lose Macca just yet. Whatever Macca does, he has my blessing and support because he has battled for this jumper every game of his career.

Green does not tackle....unbelievable.

Oh whats that they dont bleed for the club enough... well then sack them.....shysters!

A wonderful career

I think you will find that if he remains injury-free in 2010 and the club wants him to stay, he will play one more year.

It really comes down to how his body feels at the end of the year. Macca is only one injury away from the end.

On current for and out lists current development, he still easily makes our best 22. If his body is right, and the mind is willing I can see Macca going around for one more year.

It is no secret that the upcoming draft is going to produce very few sure things. Our rookie list will pretty much be a clean slate at the end of the season (lets be honest, Jordie and Spencer will be given spots, the rest will be unlucky and have to try elsewhere).

We won't use many draft selections in the ND. We will take a few flyers in the rookie draft, which is where this club seems to find diamonds in the rough time and time again. There is enough dead wood to cleat to allow us to draft in both drafts without Macca having to retire.

The truth is, the MFC is not ready to lose Macca just yet. Whatever Macca does, he has my blessing and support because he has battled for this jumper every game of his career.

Agree with your comments about Junior, but why will rookie list be clean slate, you obviously expect both Hughes and Healey to be got rid of, as well as Newton and Meesen, read Brad Gotch's reviews of players in last two Casey games, both for Healey and last one for Hughes...it could possibly change your mind

Where are all those McDonald bashers now? The ones who said Junior wouldn't be best 22 in 2010?

They've definitely been left with egg on their faces

I'll put my hand up, I was one that said last year should have been Maccas last. He has started this year in sparkling form but it's a long year. I do hope he keeps it up though GOOD ON HIM proving age is and shouldn't be a factor.