Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

2014-Flag

Now I am a rookie Demon on this site as well but I didn't come down in the last shower. The last thing anyone in a family would do is say one of their own had an attitude problem.

We will find out how good or bad he is in due course.

I can wait.

I didn't say someone from his own family said he has the attitude problem but someone I work with is close to the Watts family and he has seen it for himself. Don't you know how to read!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't say someone from his own family said he has the attitude problem but someone I work with is close to the Watts family and he has seen it for himself. Don't you know how to read!!

I suggest that you re-read your own post, because that is NOT what you said at all. There was no mention that he had "seen it for himself" and the way your post was written, it could easily be assumed that the family had told your contact; particularly since your comment related specifically to his attitude towards his footy.

My younger brother's girlfriend's sister's best friend once sat next to a guy on the bus that went to the same primary school as Jack and he said the reason he's not playing is because Bailey insists he grows to 200cm before he gets a game.

Sorry, but it's undeniable FACT.

You know that guy too, E25 ?! Would you believe that same guy told my best friends neighbour that the reason it's taking so long to reach 200cm and his goal weight of 96Kg, is that he has been eating the wrong brand of canned tuna. He's now off the Greenseas brand and onto the John West variety. Apparently it assists in his loads during weight training too; eases the pressure off the lower back.

Who would of thought !

It won't be that long now. Just a couple more years people. B)

I saw an interview with Nick Natanui during the half time break on Friday night,he said that Melbourne were super keen on him but rang him 1 hour before the draft and told him they were taking Watts at number 1,so he didn't know which club he would be going to.From what I saw on the interview this kid thought he would be at Melbourne.They can say the didn't pick him because he was from WA but if you use that logic we wouldn't have picked quite a few of our fantastic players from NT.I watch this guy and get an uneasy feeling every time I see him play that the recruiters have made the wrong decision.I also heard on the radio before the draft that Watts was going to withdraw if he didn't go to a Melbourne club.NikNat will be a Superstar what a shame it isn't in the Melbourne jumper,it would be just what the club needed to get many more members but instead we are waiting for a kid and in the end no one knows if he will be Our Superstar.We will have to wait and see.

I saw an interview with Nick Natanui during the half time break on Friday night,he said that Melbourne were super keen on him but rang him 1 hour before the draft and told him they were taking Watts at number 1,so he didn't know which club he would be going to.From what I saw on the interview this kid thought he would be at Melbourne.They can say the didn't pick him because he was from WA but if you use that logic we wouldn't have picked quite a few of our fantastic players from NT.I watch this guy and get an uneasy feeling every time I see him play that the recruiters have made the wrong decision.I also heard on the radio before the draft that Watts was going to withdraw if he didn't go to a Melbourne club.NikNat will be a Superstar what a shame it isn't in the Melbourne jumper,it would be just what the club needed to get many more members but instead we are waiting for a kid and in the end no one knows if he will be Our Superstar.We will have to wait and see.

It was a call the recruiters had to make, not like this year when we had 1 and 2, yes NikNat is good and may even be great but to make the call that we made a mistake is WRONG.......try readig the Hawks boards from a few years ago re Luke Hodge, he had to put up with the same rubbish....of course Hawthorn picked a dud in him didn't they.......you have to make a choice......we have to live with it.......what if NikNat damages himself so badly in the next couple of weeks he has to retire........

Well, to take that logic, no one knows if NicNat will be the eagles superstar.

He could plateau or have a massive injury.

Honestly, this speculation just irritates me.

HT has already mentioned that Watts is off the greenseas and he'll be all the better for it.

Let's revisit this in a year's time when it's actually a bit fairer to judge.

I don't think NikNat has to plateau or get an injury,he has already made his presence known to all,especially the media and all the West coast fans.This boy seems like a great kid to stand up for Jack watts like he did yesterday was fantastic,I hope he never gets injured.Let's hope we get that from Jack when he makes his appearance.

Agree. NicNat's performance is being overhyped. He did a few good things in the game that were flashy and he stood out. For mine he played one and half good quarters.

In any event there is always going to be players we didn't take we missed etc etc. Evidence suggests we have generally recruited pretty well. Different players arrive and develop at different times. Scully "arrived" in the 3rd quarter last week, suddenly he started to have more time and stopped spilling the pill.

So we should all relax and let the FD decide how to bring through the talent. When Watts plays it will be sometime for him to get used to the AFL so lets remember that as well.

I agree, after watching the game and fixating on NicNui (very hard to do on TV) if the ball is in his 5m area then look out anything could happen.

If not then he looks lost out there. A number of times you could see him trotting through the middle of the ground and see his direct opponent streaming away from him. He being lost ball watching and not knowing where to move too or sticking to his man when needed. 13 touches and a rising star nomination is a joke.

Watts would have to end up being the most dominant key position player ever to play the game for us to say that we made the right decision in picking him first, because NicNat is almost assured of being the best big man ever to play, injuries permitting. Could you imagine him palming it down to scully, trengove etc for the next 10 years???? Good god..

Very easy to rebutt this one. Mark Jamar is the most dominant ruckman in the league at the moment. He has most hit outs to advantage and our guys are generally getting their hands first to the ball. If we'd picked NicNat we wouldn't have a KPF to kick it too. There isn't really much more that needs to be said.

I don't care if he dominates.

If he displays the right attitude and goes after the hard ball and does what's asked of him, then give him a game.

Only then.

Dominating games is irrelevant to him earning a spot.

I agree. There is a time when a player can only develop so much in the VFL. After this, it's time to just get AFL games into him.

Very easy to rebutt this one. Mark Jamar is the most dominant ruckman in the league at the moment. He has most hit outs to advantage and our guys are generally getting their hands first to the ball. If we'd picked NicNat we wouldn't have a KPF to kick it too. There isn't really much more that needs to be said.

Aaron Sandilands would be the most dominant ruckman in the league. Jamar would he close to top 3 though.

why is that even a mistake, they were always going to give a few tastes at the big time to know what he's up against. Why not use it give us a bit of profile and gate revenue also

Yeah, I don't believe playing him QB last year was a mistake. That's a lesson learnt. He got a taste of everyone gunning for him, which I'm sure we'll see a lot more of in the coming rounds and seasons. This then enables Jack to build up his body and mind to get to a point where he will revel in a QB type game.

This is up there as the most ridiculous post of the year and that's saying something.

On that logic no one really knows anything - for all we know daniel bell COULD come back form his injury and win a brownlow..

I would bet my life and the lives of my family that Bell will NOT win a brownlow. This is a fact. Get used to it. Off to a good start.

but you dont need to have a half a footy brain to realise NicNat is going to be one the most revolutionary athletes australian sport has ever seen.

What a load of old garbage. He had 13 touches and 17 hitouts. He's FUN to watch... and in full flight is certainly dramatic, and a sight... but I remember watching Riewoldt kick something like 9 in a losing side against us YEARS ago. That game is DOUBE the quality of any 2 of NicNat's, and we don't talk about it cos it's Riewoldt, he's white, he's a confirmed star... blah blah blah.

Most revolutionary athletes Australian sport has ever seen. Jesus H Christos. Take a cold bath will ya? That is overstatement at its worst. NicNat MAY... and I highlight it MAY revolutionise (temporarily) the art of ruckwork. In the sense that kids may be recruited to be like him in games. And coaches will have to coach against him. But Davey did the same thing to small forwards 6 years ago, and once they got tape on him, they figured him out quick-smart and he moved up the ground.

Watts would have to end up being the most dominant key position player ever to play the game for us to say that we made the right decision in picking him first,

Were you drunk? No. He's played 4 good games. 4 GAMES!!!!!!!!! You wait til Watts is regularly kicking 4 a game and we'll see who drags in the crowds.

NicNat is almost assured of being the best big man ever to play, injuries permitting. Could you imagine him palming it down to scully, trengove etc for the next 10 years???? Good god..

Oh my God. Seriously, calm the F down. Nicnat is MILES off being the best big man ever to play the game. Nicnat will NOT be the best big man ever to play the game. Farmer for one did what he's doing now, with greater skill many decades ago. Nicholas Naitanui will NOT be a greater player than Farmer. You're getting sucked in by the hype.

The odds are too high - he'd have to be amazing in every sense of the word to end the debate over whether we got it right. Ah well

No... The odds aren't too high. Take a deep breath. NicNat is going to be great for footy, and great for whatever club he plays his whole career with. Wait until Watts is kicking bags of sausage rolls. You'll change your tune. And for that matter, I'd take either of Scully or Trengove over NicNat any day of the week. So would anyone who watches footy without an enormous boner interrupting their view.

You know that guy too, E25 ?! Would you believe that same guy told my best friends neighbour that the reason it's taking so long to reach 200cm and his goal weight of 96Kg, is that he has been eating the wrong brand of canned tuna. He's now off the Greenseas brand and onto the John West variety. Apparently it assists in his loads during weight training too; eases the pressure off the lower back.

Who would of thought !

I think it has more to do with if the tuna is in oil or brine.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

I think it has more to do with if the tuna is in oil or brine.

FFS. Do any of you guys remember NicNat's game against us last year. He got pantzed. Muffed up so many possies. Dropped the footy a lot. Was smashed in the ruck. Suddenly he is a star. WHY? Coz he has expreienced all of the second half of last season. Jack hasn't done Jack. Until he plays 15 games, SHUT UP!!!!

It is so pointless

If we're going to have a topic about a player, let's address it properly.

The man's name is "Jack Watts" not "Watts"

Quite right too.

They're our boys and should be addressed properly.

If I see another reference to Trengrove I'll explode. :o

Jack is going to be a superstar greenseas or john west. How long before the other clubs work out NicNat's game. Wait and see how he handles that before calling him a star

I'm sure Nik Nat can be Tackled & we have done that pretty well this year

The Russian Murdered him last year-Nik Nat has Talent sure, but no more than a lot of young players.

He is Tall with Cool Hair (Looks like a character from "Star Trek" actually) so he gets noticed.

He does take the game on, i admit-but let's wait and see if any side tries to Tag him out of the game...i am suprised he runs free so often.

I'm sure Nik Nat can be Tackled & we have done that pretty well this year

The Russian Murdered him last year-Nik Nat has Talent sure, but no more than a lot of young players.

He is Tall with Cool Hair (Looks like a character from "Star Trek" actually) so he gets noticed.

He does take the game on, i admit-but let's wait and see if any side tries to Tag him out of the game...i am suprised he runs free so often.

Can't believe that Hille didn't try and work him over physically friday night.The way he just let him stroll out of the middle with the ball at the first bounce was unbelievably weak.I understand footy has moved on a lot but how do you reckon Carl Ditterich or John Nicholls would have handled the situation