Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

2014-Flag

Any source or just opinion?

source. But I will clarify, in our conversation it was more about what was not said, which says more! If that makes sense!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to Jack this afternoon and he told me Dean Bailey advised him if he puts in a similar performance this week for Casey, He will be called up for the Darwin game. I wish I could put it in concrete but I can only say what Jack told me.

I have no reason to disbelieve your post, but I'll say this...

I doubt Jack himself would be told by the Tuesday or Wednesday that he would be playing on Saturday, or even that the match committee would have made that decision by now.

Bailey wouldve told him he needs to keep the hard work up as a precursor but there is every chance they might decide the timing is perfect to introduce him.

I'm of the opinion the timing is perfect for Jack alone.

Not sure if it is perfect for the side.

Dunn hasn't underperformed in my eyes and Danny Hughes deserves a chance to build on last week.

If Jack comes in, who goes out?

The only solution obvious to me is PJ and then Dunnout of the forward line and playing as 2nd ruckman.

I'm not sure how wise that is against the Eagles ruck combo.

Maybe we could make that combo work for us though, if Dunn can take advantage of NicNat getting lost in general play.

The only solution obvious to me is PJ and then Dunnout of the forward line and playing as 2nd ruckman.

I'm not sure how wise that is against the Eagles ruck combo.

Bear in mind that Watts is quite a bit bigger than Dunn and has been doing some ruck training as well as his other work...

Bear in mind that Watts is quite a bit bigger than Dunn and has been doing some ruck training as well as his other work...

I would bare my bum in Bourke St if JW played in the ruck against NikNat.

What next (face palm.)

Sounds genuine, but the optimist in me says: why would JW tell random fans whether or not he's playing before the teams come out? If he is playing this week, he'd be told to keep it on the DL. Hence, he's either straight-out lying or telling the truth.

Makes sense i guess... lol.

Average post from me, really. Went round in circles. Sorry for wasting your time.

Jack is a friend of my family, So I wouldn't say I was a random fan. Jack mentioned this to me when I asked when he expected to play. It was in general conversation and not to be taken as iron clad. It could be this week, next week or the week after. One thing for sure is he will be playing soon, As I mentioned earlier he told me the coach said if he puts in a similar performance as last week he will play the Darwin game.

When I do get to speak to Jack I usually post it on here because I know people are very excited about him playing, So any info I get I post it EXACTLY how I was told. Don't shoot me down if I'm a week off as I am not on the inner sanctum.

Jack is a friend of my family, So I wouldn't say I was a random fan. Jack mentioned this to me when I asked when he expected to play. It was in general conversation and not to be taken as iron clad. It could be this week, next week or the week after. One thing for sure is he will be playing soon, As I mentioned earlier he told me the coach said if he puts in a similar performance as last week he will play the Darwin game.

When I do get to speak to Jack I usually post it on here because I know people are very excited about him playing, So any info I get I post it EXACTLY how I was told. Don't shoot me down if I'm a week off as I am not on the inner sanctum.

Your story sounds more reliable than mine.

I for one appreciate the insight - thanks and keep it coming.

If you have read Steamins posts regularly, you would know that he has had some decent mail on JW before,

Agreed.

Thanks Steamin. Appreciate your contributions.

My Mail at this stage is that he will be playing.

Well in the battle of Bails and Steamin... I am cheering for Bails!!

I want to see Jack out there.

Edited by Demons 32

My Mail at this stage is that he will be playing.

There seems to be a fair bit of mail on Jack playing but not much on the likely exclusion for him????

Would love to see him play and get a bit of continuity with this fantastic young group, but I can't see him playing yet from what I hear (which is only media talk that starts with DB).

Assumptions for replacements are straight forward - Dunn or PJ. Dunn deserves more of a run....he has limitations when you stack him up against some of the other talent, his commitment is NOT limited and deserves the spot....Cale Morton will be coming for his spot I would imagine.

PJ? The Russian has had a super year thus far, the last two weeks he has been a bit less of an influence....maybe being the lone ruckman works better for Russian even having to go against Cox and # 2 08 Draft pick (what's his name?) and a Dunn, Bruce maybe could be used to run off (whats his name?).

Therefore:

In - Watts

Out - Johnson

There seems to be a fair bit of mail on Jack playing but not much on the likely exclusion for him????

Would love to see him play and get a bit of continuity with this fantastic young group, but I can't see him playing yet from what I hear (which is only media talk that starts with DB).

Assumptions for replacements are straight forward - Dunn or PJ. Dunn deserves more of a run....he has limitations when you stack him up against some of the other talent, his commitment is NOT limited and deserves the spot....Cale Morton will be coming for his spot I would imagine.

PJ? The Russian has had a super year thus far, the last two weeks he has been a bit less of an influence....maybe being the lone ruckman works better for Russian even having to go against Cox and # 2 08 Draft pick (what's his name?) and a Dunn, Bruce maybe could be used to run off (whats his name?).

Therefore:

In - Watts

Out - Johnson

Well either way I'm pumped for 5pm!

He will play this weekend.

most likely at the expense of Lynden Dunn

Id be a bit shocked to see Dunn go out, he has done pretty well despite a few mistakes.

Unless the coaching staff are thinking the few mistakes are a big issue.

Either way it will be interesting come 5pm.

Fair smack in the chops for Dunn if true. Barring injury he might find it very hard to ever get back into this side.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'll be happy to see Jack Watts get a run but not at the expense of Dunn. That potato that is masquerading as the footballer Paul Johnson should be the only name they need to put up as an out.

I'll be happy to see Jack Watts get a run but not at the expense of Dunn. That potato that is masquerading as the footballer Paul Johnson should be the only name they need to put up as an out.

PJ gets a run over dunn because of cox and TicTat.

dunn is a steady player but i haven't seen signs of him improving on the player he is. ie., he's as good as he's ever going to get.