Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

2014-Flag

Can't believe that Hille didn't try and work him over physically friday night.The way he just let him stroll out of the middle with the ball at the first bounce was unbelievably weak.I understand footy has moved on a lot but how do you reckon Carl Ditterich or John Nicholls would have handled the situation

I can't believe How soft Essendon have become!! In all my years of watching Essendon have always had some mongrel in them. Not know, Matty Knights has coached it out of them-makes no sense. I hope we SMASH Essendon Later this year! B)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe How soft Essendon have become!! In all my years of watching Essendon have always had some mongrel in them. Not know, Matty Knights has coached it out of them-makes no sense. I hope we SMASH Essendon Later this year! B)

I will be there with my mate Round 15 :)

Jack Watts will be playing by then and hopefully have 6-7 games under his belt. I personally think Watts will be a superstar with MFC as we are starting to get our forward line together. Sylvia, Petterd, Jurrah, Green, Watts and Bate (when all fit). Defenders will be cautious around that bunch. And all the young kids rotating through, Me like B)

I will be there with my mate Round 15 :)

Jack Watts will be playing by then and hopefully have 6-7 games under his belt. I personally think Watts will be a superstar with MFC as we are starting to get our forward line together. Sylvia, Petterd, Jurrah, Green, Watts and Bate (when all fit). Defenders will be cautious around that bunch. And all the young kids rotating through, Me like B)

I am hoping it is as entertaining as the day Matty Lloyd knocked himself out right in front of me....a beautiful piece of work B)

Can the administrators please remove this thread and all other negative threads regarding Jack Watts for at least the next 12 months

enough is enough

why stop there, lets remove all negative comments on the whole site :rolleyes:

This is a democracy people and people are entitled to thier opinion and this website allows the expression of opinions within the rules.

Most would agree that:

A) Jack Watts at this particular moment is deemed not to be ready for senior footy

B) That the club is in the best position to make that judgement

C) That Jack Watts is not at the peak of his footballing powers

D) That Jack Watts isn't going to get us a final's berth and his development is foremost

People have different ideas and reasons as to why reason A is apparent. I don't see why these reasons can't be discussed.

There is a lot of stress and hyper-sensitivity about this issue and whilst I think some of the Watts criticism is unfair or silly. I think some of the rebuttals have been unnecessarily personal and over the top.

I can understand the stress as we have invested a lot of hope in the kid and many believe that he is a big key to the clubs future success.

I have my own ideas on why I think A is true and I have no need to re-hash them again. I trust what the club is doing with him this time around and I believe in Bails.

Edited by dandeeman

Can't believe that Hille didn't try and work him over physically friday night.The way he just let him stroll out of the middle with the ball at the first bounce was unbelievably weak.I understand footy has moved on a lot but how do you reckon Carl Ditterich or John Nicholls would have handled the situation

He didn't stroll out of the middle with the ball. He fumbled, chased, fumbled again, chased again... and eventually found himself at the edge of the square with the ball in his hands and no idea what to do next. Had he been tackled while attempting to take the ball it would have been a free, so they just went for the ball instead.

Guest 45 double agent

Well, to take that logic, no one knows if NicNat will be the eagles superstar.

He could plateau or have a massive injury.

Honestly, this speculation just irritates me.

HT has already mentioned that Watts is off the greenseas and he'll be all the better for it.

Let's revisit this in a year's time when it's actually a bit fairer to judge.

what happened to best available, back to your cage.

So all this thread is doing is showing just how much people want a key position forward or 2 so we may get better reward for bumbs into the forward line under pressure?

FWIW: I think a better comparisons should be Jack Watts vs Scully and Nic Nat vs Trengove (mainly as hypothetically we may not have gotten JT if we had taken NN... so maybe that should be NN vs Scully & JT?)

Guest 45 double agent

stop being a sook, im just replying to a big mouth, FWIW JW will never be the player NN is, NN is going to be a once in a generation player,if i was BP i wouldv taken JW because his Victorian,JW will be a great player but NN is one out of the box,if we took NN hed looking for a way home after this season, Watts the point.

Let's not downplay the importance of Jack Watts - I reckon we need him to become a dominant KPF for us to win a flag. And there's every chance he will - he's got the size, speed and skills. Dominant KPFs usually come in the top 5 picks in the draft - I don't expect us to have any of them prior to our next push for a flag - and even if we did, in some years e.g. 2009 there's no suitably qualified KPFs. I'm completely happy with our choices, if we didn't pick Watts we'd have no-one coming through and very limited opportunities to address it.

West Coast are in different position, they have Josh Kennedy - another top 5 pick, and didn't have the opportunity to pick Watts. They have Naitanui who has every chance of being a very dominant ruckman. Dominant ruckmen come from the rookie list more often than from the draft top 5. I'm very happy to have Watts in the hand and source a dominant ruckman elsewhere - maybe we've already got him in Jamar, Spencer or Gawn.

(Jamar/Spencer/Gawn/trade for a ruckman/rookie a ruckman) + Watts > Naitanui + nothing

He didn't stroll out of the middle with the ball. He fumbled, chased, fumbled again, chased again... and eventually found himself at the edge of the square with the ball in his hands and no idea what to do next. Had he been tackled while attempting to take the ball it would have been a free, so they just went for the ball instead.

Hille stood there looking at him didn't even contest the hitout. As I said originally weak

pretty simply really;

short term - NikNat owns Watts

mid-to-long term - no one knows

watts v niknat, so how's the weather?

/end

Actually - its not Watts v NikNat and it never will be (how's the weather?)

The real question is Melbourne ( including Watts) vs West Coast ( inc NicNat)

If Melbourne wins the flag before West Coast does, then our recruiters will have won.

End of story....

Let's not downplay the importance of Jack Watts - I reckon we need him to become a dominant KPF for us to win a flag. And there's every chance he will - he's got the size, speed and skills. Dominant KPFs usually come in the top 5 picks in the draft - I don't expect us to have any of them prior to our next push for a flag - and even if we did, in some years e.g. 2009 there's no suitably qualified KPFs. I'm completely happy with our choices, if we didn't pick Watts we'd have no-one coming through and very limited opportunities to address it.

West Coast are in different position, they have Josh Kennedy - another top 5 pick, and didn't have the opportunity to pick Watts. They have Naitanui who has every chance of being a very dominant ruckman. Dominant ruckmen come from the rookie list more often than from the draft top 5. I'm very happy to have Watts in the hand and source a dominant ruckman elsewhere - maybe we've already got him in Jamar, Spencer or Gawn.

(Jamar/Spencer/Gawn/trade for a ruckman/rookie a ruckman) + Watts > Naitanui + nothing

excellent post

you are dead right, if we didn't pounce on the KPF we would have been looking down the barrel of many years without getting one, or at least not one with such good credentials. We had to put our eggs in that basket and I'm glad we did.

Actually - its not Watts v NikNat and it never will be (how's the weather?)

The real question is Melbourne ( including Watts) vs West Coast ( inc NicNat)

If Melbourne wins the flag before West Coast does, then our recruiters will have won.

End of story....

I think this is a very good point.

One other question I'm interested in though - would people trade Trengove straight up for Naitanui?

It's irrelevant whether I think it ended up with us getting one and not the other.

NAITANUI or TRENGOVE?

Just interested in people's opinions...

You've been called out on a self-indulgent, [censored] thread and cast yourself as an overly impatient supporter with little to no knowledge of the subject at hand and no real understanding of developing a young key tall in the current AFL environment.

You've done yourself no favours in the credibility stakes.

... A bit visceous.

I never leave posts because so many people like you make scathing attacks on the opinions of others.

For example I like Watts and expect he will be great. Yet he is prone to criticism because he was a no.1 pick and has not shown the public why yet.

Lets keep debate constructive

Guest 45 double agent

One other question I'm interested in though - would people trade Trengove straight up for Naitanui?

It's irrelevant whether I think it ended up with us getting one and not the other.

NAITANUI or TRENGOVE?

Just interested in people's opinions...

who would you take? NN will poll 13 brownlow votes this season, you guys underestimating how good the panther is.

who would you take? NN will poll 13 brownlow votes this season, you guys underestimating how good the panther is.

In his 2nd season... and you are overstating how many brownlow votes he'll get.

I think his skills are far from elite and will stay that way.

If I had a draft pick and it was between those 2...

I'd choose NicNat.

His athleticism is incredibly rare and I'd back our other skilful players around him to mop up and make up for his lack of class and nous.

But this is purely a hypothetical.

I'm happy with our team as it is.