Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Lewis Jetta

Guest Checker

Guest Scattsgove

Starting to show a bit, adding some excitement to a fairly crap game. Maybe we should have picked him up, but either way it's good to see him doing well.

It's worse than that. We had the chance to rookie list him last year.

I don't think we can be too critical on rookie prospects. Our club would have one of the best conversions rates going.

PSD or rookies in recient years

LJ

wonna

flash

and I know theres a couple more if I think a bit harder. Not many clubs would have a list like this.

Oh that is fantastic. I could laugh at this for hours. And I will. Thank you.

And what are you laughing about 45?

I saw him play about 5 Games on TV in the WAFL-i always thought we should have snared him

So does Chris Connolly, who admitted the mistake....

I'm not sure what is so funny. Chris Connolly and co were in a car with Neville's mum on the way to watch Neville play. Mum turns to Chris and says Neville and Leroy are good but the pick of the bunch is Lewis you guy's should be picking him. he's one that got away a bit like when Freo started and wanted Darren Kowall meaning we could have taken Wirrapunda, we declined and the rest is history. I wish Lewis all the bets and he's off to a great start.

And what are you laughing about 45?

I saw him play about 5 Games on TV in the WAFL-i always thought we should have snared him

So does Chris Connolly, who admitted the mistake....

I'm laughing because you're claiming the FD made a mistake because you had seen him play a few matches on tv.

I looked through the 2008 draft preferences thread and you did not make one mention of Lewis Jetta (only that you would draft Ben Cousins).

Indeed the only quote I can find of yours in relation to Jetta was in this thread when Nugget said we'd thought of picking him up and now thought we'd stuffed up.

You responded by saying:

"Nah, He made the right decision to play a year in the WAFL. But Geez he is worth looking at now."

Hardly the words of someone who wanted him the year before.

I'm laughing because you're claiming the FD made a mistake because you had seen him play a few matches on tv.

I looked through the 2008 draft preferences thread and you did not make one mention of Lewis Jetta (only that you would draft Ben Cousins).

Indeed the only quote I can find of yours in relation to Jetta was in this thread when Nugget said we'd thought of picking him up and now thought we'd stuffed up.

You responded by saying:

"Nah, He made the right decision to play a year in the WAFL. But Geez he is worth looking at now."

Far too much time on your hands 45!

It's very easy to sit back now and say that we should have taken him in '08 as a rookie, or that the FD made a mistake. Just remember that no club made a move on this guy at that time. I don't pretend to know the reasons for that, but obviously it was agreed on by everyone.

On a personal note, I repeatedly said I didn't think much of this guy during the lead-up to the draft. Clearly I was wrong on that front. Well done to those who liked the look of him.

You responded by saying:

Sorry for not being perfect 45. At the time i was not aware that he was up for the draft, when i watched those games.

There are other things i do apart from obsess over old football chat threads-Go outside soon i recommend some sun.

Sorry for not being perfect 45. At the time i was not aware that he was up for the draft, when i watched those games.

There are other things i do apart from obsess over old football chat threads-Go outside soon i recommend some sun.

It's 11:30pm dude.

Who was he even playing for in '08?

It's 11:30pm dude.

Who was he even playing for in '08?

Don't know who the team was, i was editing up Highlights packages for the VFL for the ABC.

All i remember was Lewis Jetta was in a lot of those grabs and always running.

Glad your clock is working by the way.

Don't know who the team was, i was editing up Highlights packages for the VFL for the ABC.

All i remember was Lewis Jetta was in a lot of those grabs and always running.

Glad your clock is working by the way.

I can pretty much guarantee you the highlights were from him last year at Swan Districts - the year after we missed him. How could you have known it was a mistake to miss him if you hadn't seen him play at the time? "At the time i was not aware that he was up for the draft, when i watched those games" - you were making a highlights package and watching a player who you "knew" we should've picked up yet you didn't realise he was up for the draft? Give up mate.

I'm saying it's 11:30pm - pretty hard to go out and get some sun.

It's a useless argument anyway - it's pointless to talk about who should've been drafted where years before

Amazing game from Lewis, he is just so Damn fast and such a quick thinker, he can do anything. He kicked 2 goals, but I reckon he could've kicked at least 5. That snap from the pocket deserved to go through.

Can't beat the indigenous boys for sheer speed, and they all seem to have that extra sense, where they know in advance where the ball will travel.

Brilliant to watch.

Chris Connolly was the one who admitted the mistake was made, so i don't see what your problem is??

You know what, I'll leave it - this is already off topic enough and I believe I've made my point.

Every season there are players that clubs wish they could pick up, 15 clubs will wish they could've picked up Jetta but only one did. That's just the way it goes. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. Mckenzie looks decent enough.

Definitely looks a talented kid though.

You know what, I'll leave it - this is already off topic enough and I believe I've made my point.

Every season there are players that clubs wish they could pick up, 15 clubs will wish they could've picked up Jetta but only one did. That's just the way it goes. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. Mckenzie looks decent enough.

Definitely looks a talented kid though.

Fair enough. My original comment wasn't made in order to start an arguement.

That year i watched Nik Nat Jetta and Daniel Rich all tear up the WAFL via Tapes sent over from perth

I enjoyed those shifts.

I can't help but feel jealous when young players from other teams play well...you know the feeling?

Even though we have the same thing I really need Scully and Trengove to have a big game just to ease the anxiety a little bit.

I know what you mean. I had that feeling when watching Martin play for Richmond the other day.

Can't help but think "if only we had got him as well as Scully and Trengove"

But I bet if for some reason we did have him I would be thinking "if only we had Butcher as well as Scully, Trengove and Martin."