Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Robbo at the crossroads

beelzebub

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
I think most, if not all of us agree that Robbo's career is fast coming to an end. That doesn't mean that it gives armchair supporters the right to write-off and tarnish the name of a great player and ambassador of the Melbourne Football Club.

He has given all of us a lot of joy and excitement over the years, he has performed well in big games and finals, and has stood up when required to play as the number one forward, despite obvious size limitations. When offered a tempting 3 year deal from the Dogs, he chose to stay with us, despite the knowledge that he'll retire without a premiership or even another finals appearance.

He is an old-school forward, the type that has never been big on the defensive pressure, and has struggled to adapt to the change. That's a shame, because he could have played on for another 2-3 seasons otherwise, and in the end, he has only himself to blame.

I love Robbo, always have, and I dearly hope that he doesn't play his last few matches with Casey. He is better than that.

you got no idea, he doesnt chase tackle or harass,the only one thats tarnishing his name is robbo,he will be lucky to get a send off game if he keeps that crap up that he showed today, it doesnt matter if you play AFL or for the POOWONG RESERVES you have to help your mates, and he clearly didnt do that today.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Robbo, always have, and I dearly hope that he doesn't play his last few matches with Casey. He is better than that.

I have no doubt that he will get a farewell game as Yze and White did last season...

The tough thing for Robbo would be getting dropped, would trigger in his mind that he's done. Playing for Casey earlier in the year was fine, as he was rehabilitating from injury, and he was working towards his goal of getting back in the Melbourne team.

Now it is completely different, he's been told essentially that his best isn't good enough at the moment. I mean, Rohan Bail was named as an emergency ahead of him, Simon Buckley too who has only just come back from injury. That's a pretty clear message that you're obviously not in future calculations...

He comes back to a Casey side not full of players who he's known for a number of years, and trained along side, but 4 other Melbourne players, 3 of whom are only rookie list players, and Simon Buckley recovering from injury the most experienced of the 4.

That's got to be a massive pill to swallow, and I agree Robbo could've put in a better effort today, but he obviously hasn't taken it well at all, and would've been asking himself why he bothered today, and why he should continue to bother?

I love you Robbo, you've been great for the Dees, look forward to one last game from you in the red and blue, but it's time to go. You've had a great career and should be proud...

Beautifully put by Jaded.

There should be some sort IQ footy knowdge test to weed out some of the clowns who post here.

Robbo reminds me a lot of Yze who could also have played a few more years but was not able to adapt to the demands of the modern game & the directions of the coach.

Still its been a great career - a B&F & should have been AA the same year.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Beautifully put by Jaded.

There should be some sort IQ footy knowdge test to weed out some of the clowns who post here.

Robbo reminds me a lot of Yze who could also have played a few more years but was not able to adapt to the demands of the modern game & the directions of the coach.

Still its been a great career - a B&F & should have been AA the same year.

are you watching the same games as everyone else, YZE a few more years, go put the dunce hat on and sit in the corner, robbo doesnt help his MATES,robbos there for himself, and he proved that today with his pathetic attitude,thankfully DB is in control of this situation.

The tough thing for Robbo would be getting dropped, would trigger in his mind that he's done. Playing for Casey earlier in the year was fine, as he was rehabilitating from injury, and he was working towards his goal of getting back in the Melbourne team.

Now it is completely different, he's been told essentially that his best isn't good enough at the moment. I mean, Rohan Bail was named as an emergency ahead of him, Simon Buckley too who has only just come back from injury. That's a pretty clear message that you're obviously not in future calculations...

He comes back to a Casey side not full of players who he's known for a number of years, and trained along side, but 4 other Melbourne players, 3 of whom are only rookie list players, and Simon Buckley recovering from injury the most experienced of the 4.

That's got to be a massive pill to swallow, and I agree Robbo could've put in a better effort today, but he obviously hasn't taken it well at all, and would've been asking himself why he bothered today, and why he should continue to bother?

I love you Robbo, you've been great for the Dees, look forward to one last game from you in the red and blue, but it's time to go. You've had a great career and should be proud...

Agree completely. Sadly for Robbo, who was my favourite player from 1998 to 2007, his time is up, and judging by today's performance, he definitely knows it.

Thanks for the memories and the amazing highlights reel Robbo... See you in round 22 mate.

I think most, if not all of us agree that Robbo's career is fast coming to an end. That doesn't mean that it gives armchair supporters the right to write-off and tarnish the name of a great player and ambassador of the Melbourne Football Club.

He has given all of us a lot of joy and excitement over the years, he has performed well in big games and finals, and has stood up when required to play as the number one forward, despite obvious size limitations. When offered a tempting 3 year deal from the Dogs, he chose to stay with us, despite the knowledge that he'll retire without a premiership or even another finals appearance.

He is an old-school forward, the type that has never been big on the defensive pressure, and has struggled to adapt to the change. That's a shame, because he could have played on for another 2-3 seasons otherwise, and in the end, he has only himself to blame.

Well put. He is a clubman, and should be remembered as a guy who forged a good career for himself and wound up one of our best forwards. He won us many games off his own boot, and when we played finals this decade he was a key reason. Can I also point out he is the 5th highest goal scorer in our club's long history, and is only 4 goals off overtaking one Garry Lyon. That is a fantastic achievement for someone who worked his way into the team lateish, off the rookie list, and also isnt the biggest bloke going around.

You people should show some respect before turning on your own. Yes his career is close to an end, but that shouldnt discredit all he did for us for the last 10 years! The same thing happened when White, Yze etc retired, and frankly it makes me sick. You lot are f*cking pathetic. Mods should ban the lot of you!

Edited by Lord Travis

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Well put. He is a clubman, and should be remembered as a guy who forged a good career for himself and wound up one of our best forwards. He won us many games off his own boot, and when we played finals this decade he was a key reason. Can I also point out he is the 5th highest goal scorer in our club's long history, and is only 4 goals off overtaking one Garry Lyon. That is a fantastic achievement for someone who worked his way into the team lateish, off the rookie list, and also isnt the biggest bloke going around.

You people should show some respect before turning on your own. Yes his career is close to an end, but that shouldnt discredit all he did for us for the last 10 years! The same thing happened when White, Yze etc retired, and frankly it makes me sick. You lot are f*cking pathetic. Mods should ban the lot of you!

see your signature at the bottom,what does it say fool,MAN UP and sadly robbo wont do it. :lol::lol:

Thanks for some good times Robbo , but its time!

Respect is earnt and you had that, dont stay too long and lose it in the eyes of many.

If you cant give 2nd efforts and safe simple chest marks or chasing, running, etc then you should go with your pride intact and not embarrass us all.

You have been a great attraction and for that I thank you- Its time!

Who made the decision to drop Robbo??? You have to wonder at the panel's decisions sometimes - why would you drop him. And he looked so interested playing for Casey yesterday (I don't think so!) after all he has done for the club - can't understand it - some moron on here the other week saying that we should trade him - honestly some of the decisions that are made at the club - you have to wonder - why would you get rid of - in the past - Travis Johnstone, Jolly, and that tough red headed Peter Walsh who went to Port. Also what a rabble of a game today a joke - does the coach pull them up on their error's - not manning etc - yeah OK they the panel has this marvellous vision for 4 years time - big deal - what about now - we could have won that game today if they were pulled up about a few of the errors they made - how will they learn if they are not coached and advised what to do - what a joke!!

Robertson's future unclear for now

from teh mfc site:

""THE PLAYING future of Melbourne forward Russell Robertson remains unclear beyond this year.

Coach Dean Bailey indicated there would be some tough decisions made on several players at season's end, though he would not be drawn on Robertson's career.""

Well its hardly a surprise in some regards. We all knew this time ( indedd his time ) would come.

""Bailey said respect and integrity would be shown towards Robertson and any other player when considering their fate.""

well.. kind of written on the wall perhaps !!

For all his ups and downs ( intended!! lol ) he's been a great servant and player in good and bad times. Not perfect, who is. Probably like quite a few Demons will look on from the stands as Melbourne wins its next flag wondering about what could have been. well Robbo, this is for sure youve entertained us a long the way, not without frustrations but youre not alone in that regard. Enjoy the rest of 09 mate as who knows what 010 is bringing.

Robbo is finished.

He provides nothing.

Go away, have a think about what you wrote then come back.

Are you mad!!! after all he has done for the club - you wouldn't know a good player if you saw one - maybe the fans should have a vote - on a few things - where is loyalty to the club - he loves the Melbourne Football Club - I could think of a lot more players to go before Robbo. We could have won today if we had him in - what about dragging a few of the players from the ground with there pathetic playing - you all make me puke!!!

We got pick 14 for trav which we used on grimes... trav had gone to brisbane and barely played a good game and we have a future captin, you're right that was stupid.

Jolly left cause he wanted to be a No.1 ruckman and we had jeff white, not an ideal situation to let him go but the obvious choice at the time.

Robbo got dropped for his efforts last week which it was widely agreed to be the right decision...

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Who made the decision to drop Robbo??? You have to wonder at the panel's decisions sometimes - why would you drop him. And he looked so interested playing for Casey yesterday (I don't think so!) after all he has done for the club - can't understand it - some moron on here the other week saying that we should trade him - honestly some of the decisions that are made at the club - you have to wonder - why would you get rid of - in the past - Travis Johnstone, Jolly, and that tough red headed Peter Walsh who went to Port. Also what a rabble of a game today a joke - does the coach pull them up on their error's - not manning etc - yeah OK they the panel has this marvellous vision for 4 years time - big deal - what about now - we could have won that game today if they were pulled up about a few of the errors they made - how will they learn if they are not coached and advised what to do - what a joke!!

i respect everyones opinion, but your living in the past dude. ;)

He doesn't deserve a game - he is past it.

After all he has done for the club? Spare me - Plugger Lockett should've played for the Swans today using that logic.

It is a moronic call to say we should trade Robbo because we'd get nothing for him - his career is over.

Jack Grimes is better than Johnstone. Jolly couldn't get a game for us when Jeff White was AA ruckman and Whopper Walsh was on par with fringe dwellers Godfrey, Ward, Read and Rigoni.

Who cares about winning Dead Rubbers in 2009. Now is the time to play kids & Rookies to see where they are. The Scoreboard is irrelevant.

Getting Top Draft Picks to secure the best young midfielder in the country in Red & Blue is a much smarter decision for mine.

Bailey is moulding his own young side. Let him Do it.

If Robbo puts in he can still earn a 1 year contract, but the ball is in his court.

He has got to want it.

Going by Robbo's attitude yesterday, you wonder what exactly Bailey has told him regarding his chances of getting back in the Melbourne lineup. He looked sullen and disinterested. His day was summed up when Rance kicked his boot away. Simply a bad day for Robbo.

On Wednesday night on Fox Sports he was saying if we didn't want him then he would be looking to earn a spot on another club's list. The key word is 'earn'. Currently he is kidding himself.

I hope the club gives him the respect he deserves as he has been a great player for the club over his career. Certainly deserves to play a goodbye game. But he also needs to go out with some dignity himself. Yesterday was very disappointing to see. Get your chin up Robbo.

And as a P.S, I still can't believe people are annoyed by the Travis Johnstone trade. Even at the time pick 14 was bargain for us. It was a sensational deal. And now that it has brought us Grimes, who on Earth would flip that decision?

Agree. Both played two years too many.

On Wednesday night on Fox Sports he was saying if we didn't want him then he would be looking to earn a spot on another club's list. The key word is 'earn'. Currently he is kidding himself.

Absolutely. Robbo has a habit giving interview answers that are either naive or delusional.

I remember White and Yze made the same statements about looking for a spot on another teams list. No lesson learnt

I hope the club gives him the respect he deserves as he has been a great player for the club over his career. Certainly deserves to play a goodbye game. But he also needs to go out with some dignity himself. Yesterday was very disappointing to see. Get your chin up Robbo.

I think they will do that with Robbo as they did with White and Yze.

And as a P.S, I still can't believe people are annoyed by the Travis Johnstone trade. Even at the time pick 14 was bargain for us. It was a sensational deal. And now that it has brought us Grimes, who on Earth would flip that decision?

It is amazing. But that sort of thinking is prevalent around here.

I agree wholehartedly (maybe you are all friends with Gerard Healey who played for us - but never has a good word to say about us - why don't you all go and join him - you bunch of turncoats) who makes these moronic decisions , look at what he has done for the club - where is your loyalty still what do you expect from a club who got rid of a bronwlow medalist - also Travis Johnstone , as they say in that ad - you all wouldn't have a clue -you all make me puke!!!

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment that perhaps Robbo should retire, I dislike supporters lack of respect for the player themselves and the service they have given the club.

It is frustrating on Demonland that in the passing stages of a players career, some supporters memory flies out the window. Even on a small, though public forum like this, players should be spoken about with a certain amount of respect.

It wasn't that long ago that Robbo turned down the opportunity to play for a club heading toward a tilt at serious finals footy. He chose to stay and battle on with us.

Yes I agree his form has been horrid, yes he appears to have lost interest. Yes we forget about the enormous effort he has put in just getting back after injury. Yes some choose to forget about his love of the club we love too.

Going by Robbo's attitude yesterday, you wonder what exactly Bailey has told him regarding his chances of getting back in the Melbourne lineup. He looked sullen and disinterested. His day was summed up when Rance kicked his boot away. Simply a bad day for Robbo.

There are plenty of players I would have got rid of before Travis - you idiot..

I agree wholehartedly (maybe you are all friends with Gerard Healey who played for us - but never has a good word to say about us - why don't you all go and join him - you bunch of turncoats) who makes these moronic decisions , look at what he has done for the club - where is your loyalty still what do you expect from a club who got rid of a bronwlow medalist - also Travis Johnstone , as they say in that ad - you all wouldn't have a clue -you all make me puke!!!

Yeah I wish we could swap Jack Grimes for TJ.

Fool.

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment that perhaps Robbo should retire, I dislike supporters lack of respect for the player themselves and the service they have given the club.

It is frustrating on Demonland that in the passing stages of a players career, some supporters memory flies out the window. Even on a small, though public forum like this, players should be spoken about with a certain amount of respect.

It wasn't that long ago that Robbo turned down the opportunity to play for a club heading toward a tilt at serious finals footy. He chose to stay and battle on with us.

Yes I agree his form has been horrid, yes he appears to have lost interest. Yes we forget about the enormous effort he has put in just getting back after injury. Yes some choose to forget about his love of the club we love too.

Well that's the culture of today isn't it - there is no loyalty just go for the big dollar - speaking of - how much did Paul Gardiner and his cronies - bleed from the club!!!!

There are plenty of players I would have got rid of before Travis - you idiot..

And here we are: a prime example of the attitude that has lead MFC to a total of zero premierships in the last few decades.

Thank christ you don't get a say in any of the club's important decisions.