Demons to pluck Eagles wings in scintillating fashion

Yze_Magic

This is my first match prediction for some time, due to my extended holiday courtesy of an over zealous moderator who shall remain nameless.

I know you have all been waiting for this, so here goes...

Since the great YM was last on Demonland, a certain Colin Sylvia has taken the league by storm. As you all know, there has been no bigger supporter of The Kid than my self, and it is an amazing feeling to be vindicated like this. His game against the Hawks was the best individual performance by any Demon this decade. and you would have to go back to Garry Lyons 10 goal haul in the 1994 Semi Final to find something greater.

hang your head in shame all those who wanted him traded, delisted, dropped etc.... Truly embarrassing stuff.

Sylvia is now the Demons best player, and has shown why he was picked 3 in the 2003 National Draft. He simply has it all - pace, strength, aggression, amazing overhead, booming kick.... What a gem.

Now, to this Saturday...

The Eagles come to the MCG, and they will be here without their superstar Dean Cox. With him missing, and with home ground advantage, this automatically gives the Demons a 6 goal head start.

I believe that this week, the forward line will FINALLY cut loose. It has been a long time coming indeed. Now we have some real talent up front, I can see us really having a day out against a woeful Eagles combination.

A win will be important to give the kids hope again, and it will be delivered in style.

THE RESULT

Melbourne - 27.17 179

West Coast - 11.10 76

Goals - Sylvia 8, Jurrah 5, Watts 4, Davey Martin Bate 2, Bennell Morton Grimes Moloney

Best - Sylvia, Jurrah, Morton, Davey, Frawley, Bennell, Watts, Moloney, Grimes

Stats

Sylvia - 28 disposals 11 marks, 8 goals

Jurrah - 18 disposals, 8 marks, 5 goals

Morton - 33 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal

Davey - 26 disposals, 8 tackles, 2 goals

Watts - 16 disposals, 6 marks, 4 goals

Bennel - 22 disppsals, 1 goal

Grimes - 21 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 goal

Demons by 103 points, and a sweet glimpse into the future.

Have you removed your post about Sylvia saying that you would no longer pump his tyres anymore?

Well sure everything looks bad if you remember it!

This is my first match prediction for some tome, due to my extended holiday courtesy of an over zealous moderator who shall remain nameless.

I actually did miss you. You should now change your name, since finding your next true love - Sylvia_Magic?

It will be interesting to see the result of this match. If we win, the Coasters will say that they did it for the pick and we are not the better team. If we lose then we will all feel pretty avg, but at least we will get picks 1 and 2.

I really want to win this match. I want Morton to smash Masten in possies and Watts to get a game against an avg mob so he can show us his worth

Whilst the mods may have banned you, I'm sure I say on behalf on a number of demonlanders it's great to have you back Yze Magic... You definitely talk a lot of crap, but the place isn't the same without you...

Welcome Back...

This is my first match prediction for some time, due to my extended holiday courtesy of an over zealous moderator who shall remain nameless.

Since the great YM was last on Demonland, a certain Colin Sylvia has taken the league by storm. As you all know, there has been no bigger supporter of The Kid than my self, and it is an amazing feeling to be vindicated like this. His game against the Hawks was the best individual performance by any Demon this decade. and you would have to go back to Garry Lyons 10 goal haul in the 1994 Semi Final to find something greater.

hang your head in shame all those who wanted him traded, delisted, dropped etc.... Truly embarrassing stuff.

Sylvia is now the Demons best player, and has shown why he was picked 3 in the 2003 National Draft. He simply has it all - pace, strength, aggression, amazing overhead, booming kick.... What a gem.

Now, to this Saturday...

The Eagles come to the MCG, and they will be here without their superstar Dean Cox. With him missing, and with home ground advantage, this automatically gives the Demons a 6 goal head start.

I believe that this week, the forward line will FINALLY cut loose. It has been a long time coming indeed. Now we have some real talent up front, I can see us really having a day out against a woeful Eagles combination.

A win will be important to give the kids hope again, and it will be delivered in style.

THE RESULT

Melbourne - 27.17 179

West Coast - 11.10 76

Goals - Sylvia 8, Jurrah 5, Watts 4, Davey Martin Bate 2, Bennell Morton Grimes Moloney

Stats

Cam Bruce stats 4 points , 5 out on the full and reported for unduly rough play

Last I heard, Cox is training and should be right to play this weekend.

Welcome back YM...Nice to have some optimism on this forum, missed ya!

However, Eagles are coming off the back of a great win against a hungover Dorks, without Cox.

Welcome back YM...Nice to have some optimism on this forum, missed ya!

YM is an entertaining poster who brings colour to the forum.

But his constant bagging of Bruce is beyond an unfunny joke, or an uhealthy obsession.

For example he suggests that Bruce should be dropped this weekend even though he was our second best player V's Brisbane and looked like 1 of about 4 Demon players who looked capable of playing at AFL level last week.

Cam Bruce stats 4 points , 5 out on the full and reported for unduly rough play

LOL, highly unlikely.

Now, to this Saturday...

THE RESULT

Melbourne - 27.17 179

West Coast - 11.10 76

Stats

I like this guy. Sylvia to collect 39 disposals, 12 marks, 8 goals in round 15 against P.A. Black horse for the brownlow medal.

I like this guy. Sylvia to collect 39 disposals, 12 marks, 8 goals in round 15 against P.A. Black horse for the brownlow medal.

Ummm... dark horse?

We wouldn't want to be racist! ;)

ummm, YM has been all about the kid... was about the only one at one point

No. He has been all about himself. It's only a matter of time b4 he takes another trip to the abyss. He jumped well off Sylvia's bandwagon for a period of time. He can join the queue at the back of the Sylvia bandwagon. As long as he buckles up. Cos I'm the one driving.

He was a strong supporter of the Kid like I was, but it did get to a point when we did jump off for a small amount of time.

Correct.