Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demonlanders help purchase Liam's debut guernsey...

the fork

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been heart pounding stuff, couldn't post what has been going on here, as was worried our plan might be discovered.

Mt Theo had to go offline about 45 minutes ago and asked me to bid on their behalf.

We were worried that Dave was going to come in at the last minute with a higher bid and shut us out, so with 24 second to go I threw in an extra $100 just to make sure.

Mt Theo have pledged $1500, so far we have pledged just over $1500 and hopefully more will come in. $350 odd dollars of buyers premium to go on top.

What a fantastic team effort between us and Mt Theo.

This in from Susie two seconds ago:

"just tell them all how completely out of control happy we are! and they're ALL invited to come see us!!"

Dees supporters you've done yourselves proud!

Next we need to discuss how best for us to get the money to Mt Theo, I will discuss it with Susie and Alex and will let everyone know.

Great effort everyone, this is a moment to savour and anyone that ever suggests that our supporter base has no ticker can shove it!!!!!!

Go you Demons!!!!

It has been heart pounding stuff, couldn't post what has been going on here, as was worried our plan might be discovered.

Mt Theo had to go offline about 45 minutes ago and asked me to bid on their behalf.

We were worried that Dave was going to come in at the last minute with a higher bid and shut us out, so with 24 second to go I threw in an extra $100 just to make sure.

Mt Theo have pledged $1500, so far we have pledged just over $1500 and hopefully more will come in. $350 odd dollars of buyers premium to go on top.

What a fantastic team effort between us and Mt Theo.

This in from Susie two seconds ago:

"just tell them all how completely out of control happy we are! and they're ALL invited to come see us!!"

Dees supporters you've done yourselves proud!

Next we need to discuss how best for us to get the money to Mt Theo, I will discuss it with Susie and Alex and will let everyone know.

Great effort everyone, this is a moment to savour and anyone that ever suggests that our supporter base has no ticker can shove it!!!!!!

Go you Demons!!!!

Great work Fork.

I created a spreadsheet with all usernames and pledges and thus far it totals 1700 so with Mt Theo chipping in 1500 only a further 200 is needed.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the spreadsheet so you can name and shame those that don't pay!!!

Great work Fork.

I created a spreadsheet with all usernames and pledges and thus far it totals 1700 so with Mt Theo chipping in 1500 only a further 200 is needed.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the spreadsheet so you can name and shame those that don't pay!!!

legend...

Almost poetic that's it's close to a fifty fifty split betwen land/ology and Mt Theo, shows how proud all of us are of Liam.

Fantastic of you to organize this on your hols fork but please let us know how to pay soon as my hols started 4 hours ago, and by Tuesday I'll be uncontactable for nearly a week. Don't want to be named and shamed :D

I reckon more pledges will come over the weekend. I know the Mt Theo crowd have pledged $1500, but it would be great if we can make it so that they don't have to contribute anymore than the initial $1000 OR LESS than they had budgeted for.

Over to you people, let's make the weekend a generous one...

I'll be posting info of how to donate the generous amounts you have pledged when I get the info from Susie next week.

Again, this is a great moment for a great club, well done and keep it coming in, lets reduce that amount that Mt Theo themselves have to contribute if we can.

My better half and I in for $200.

I'm off for a beer and a swim, cheers...

Fork.

Had to get back on to see how we went and WOW we got it. How great is that. I will contact the Club on Monday and let them know how and why the auction was won by Mt. Theo and ourselves and see what we can organise with publicity for the handover. We need to have a point where cheques can be sent and who to make the cheques out to (presumably the Club) All the money goes to the Club. All those who pledged should forward their cheques etc as quickly as possible because I am sure there will be a cut off point however I am sure there maybe a little leeway for us to gather everything together. As I am going to the game I will try and get to someone to let them know what has happened because I am sure that Liam will be thrilled. Maybe RUdeboy could contact him and let him know just in case.

Everybody should stand that little bit taller today - what a great effort by everyone especially FORK.

Fantastic work and it is great to know the jumper is going back to where it belongs. I can't contribute a lot but I am happy to chip in $20.00 - I guess every little bit helps. If you end up having more money than necessary, how about we use the extra $$$ to send up some footys or boots or maybe they can let us know what they need.

You should be letting the club and the press know about this - you might get some corporate $$$ to help out with equipment for the youngsters up there.

Guys what can l say this is just absolutely brilliant - l am the Assistant Manager of the Mt Theo Program (and secretary of Yuendumu Footy Club in my spare time) and placed the initial bid from us yesterday at $350 and sadly saw others bidding past it. l fell sick (flu!) yesterday and today and l have leapt out of my Yuendumu sick bed upon hearing this news from our inspiring boss Susie to just say a huge thanks to you all who have contributed and especially the key organisers, most especially Fork. Liam worked with us as a youth mentor in our Jaru Pirrjirdi project training to become a leader for Yuendumu. He has clearly exceeded all expectations! We are so proud of him, beyond that inspired by him and l am incredibly fortunate to call him my friend. And now you guys too are a bona fide personal part of Liams historic AFL journey.

As Martin Flanagan noted there has never been a story like Liams before. Best of all he is an even better young man than he is a footballer which is really saying something. l was lucky enough to be one of the few of Liams friend and family that he was able to ensure made his debut to meet up with Rudeboy from the Industrial Magpies (and also Rupert Betheras) who also posts on here and has been crucial in Liams amazing and inspiring journey at the Melbourne end. Your club, and most especially Davey, Wonna and Ian Flack have been brilliant to Liam. You should feel bloody proud of what they have done. We stood there in tears as he ran out and l swear l jumped higher than he did when he kicked that first goal. And everybody here says Yuendumu went berserk! And so again we can feel happy, grateful and proud of your club and its members/supporters respect to Yuendumu and care for Liam. It is so much more than a game.

l know for a fact that it is very meaningful to Liam and Liams family to have that jumper back here in Yuendumu, where it truly belongs. A sacred jumper. You guys should feel so bloody proud of yourselves and we at Mt Theo, Yuendumu footy club, Yuendumu community (including us whitefellas) and all Warlpiri people are grateful. WOW. l'm a passionate Cats man through and through but l gotta tell you family comes first. Go Liam, Jungarrayi Jinta our Warlpiri Warrior and Go Dees. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

:D :D :D

Brett Japaljarri Badger

www.mttheo.org

www.yuendumumagpies.com

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92385472574&ref=ts

Guys what can l say this is just absolutely brilliant - l am the Assistant Manager of the Mt Theo Program (and secretary of Yuendumu Footy Club in my spare time) and placed the initial bid from us yesterday at $350 and sadly saw others bidding past it. l fell sick (flu!) yesterday and today and l have leapt out of my Yuendumu sick bed upon hearing this news from our inspiring boss Susie to just say a huge thanks to you all who have contributed and especially the key organisers. Liam worked with us as a youth mentor in our Jaru Pirrjirdi project training to become a leader for Yuendumu. He has clearly exceeded all expectations! We are so proud of him, beyond that inspired by him and l am incredibly fortunate to call him my friend. And now you guys too are a bona fide personal part of Liams historic AFL journey.

As Martin Flanagan noted there has never been a story like Liams before. Best of all he is an even better young man than he is a footballer which is really saying something. l was lucky enough to be one of the few of Liams friend and family who traveled to Liams debut game to meet up with Rudeboy from the Industrial Magpies (and also Rupert Betheras) who also posts on here and has been crucial in Liams amazing and inspiring journey at the Melbourne end. Your club, and most especially Davey, Wonna and Ian Flack have been brilliant to Liam. You should feel bloody proud of what they have done. We stood there in tears as he ran out and l swear l jumped higher than he did when he kicked that first goal. And everybody here says Yuendumu went berserk! And so again we can feel happy, grateful and proud of your club and its members/supporters respect to Yuendumu and care for Liam. It is so much more than a game.

l know for a fact that it is very meaningful to Liam and Liams family to have that jumper back here in Yuendumu, where it truly belongs. A sacred jumper. You guys should feel so bloody proud of yourselves and we at Mt Theo, Yuendumu footy club, Yuendumu community (including us whitefellas) and all Warlpiri people are grateful. WOW. l'm a passionate Cats man through and through but l gotta tell you family comes first. Go Liam, Jungarrayi Jinta our Warlpiri Warrior and Go Dees. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

:D :D :D

Brett Japaljarri Badger

www.mttheo.org

www.yuendumumagpies.com

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92385472574&ref=ts

Mate, this one reply made the amount of money i pledged completely irrelevant.

You cant buy the feeling that reading it just gave me.

Thanks, and best wishes to all the community up there. Happy to be a small part of it.

I'll chuck $20 into the kitty, this is such a brilliant idea and i want to be apart of it!

I am absolutely thrilled with this. Can't stop smiling. When I saw the auction at about 6:30 tonight I was worried we wouldn't have the coin to bid much higher. But logging back on just now, this is great stuff. Awesome.

Great work from everyone involved both here, over at Demonology and up at Yuendumu. And what a great idea Fork. You sir are a legend.

Also, was over at my mums place tonight, I explained what was going on and she said she's in for $20 herself. So that makes the total I will be giving up to $40. Hope this helps some.

Yeah!! High fives all around.

I'm broke, but that post brought a tear to my eye, so $20 from me too (would love to contribute more if I could!).

I hope Jurrah knows how special we all think he is and what high hopes we have for him! :)

Edit: well done Fork, a great idea well executed.

I am absolutely thrilled with this. Can't stop smiling. When I saw the auction at about 6:30 tonight I was worried we wouldn't have the coin to bid much higher. But logging back on just now, this is great stuff. Awesome.

Great work from everyone involved both here, over at Demonology and up at Yuendumu. And what a great idea Fork. You sir are a legend.

Also, was over at my mums place tonight, I explained what was going on and she said she's in for $20 herself. So that makes the total I will be giving up to $40. Hope this helps some.

Yeah!! High fives all around.

Mt Theo Susie fronting up. Having watched you legends work your magic today for our Liam, Mt Theo and Yuendumu, I felt absolutely compelled to register and join you! Besides I can't sleep, can't stop smiling, and truth be known, still shedding a tear or two over such overwhelming drive and thoughtfulness. Being Sydney born I have a fondness for the Swans, but you've done your darndest to win me over! God bless fork, and every one of you. You are already winners!

This effort has prompted me to change from a frequent visitor to a new registration. Sometimes we are reminded that footy is about a lot more than just what happens on the field. I'm still glowing from having picked up #45 in the auction - but I'm more than happy to also make a contribution to this fund.

Damn good work, Fork and all who are contributing.