Melb vs Haw

BLWNBA

Being only a week away, does anyone believe we have an actual chance? Personally, I do believe we are a chance, and partially due to the Hawkas injury problems, I believe we could be up for a possible win. Or at least an entertaining hit out.

Being only a week away, does anyone believe we have an actual chance? Personally, I do believe we are a chance, and partially due to the Hawkas injury problems, I believe we could be up for a possible win. Or at least an entertaining hit out.

I'd love for them to win so the younger blokes get more of a higher-end competitive hit-out before the season starts. Practice matches aren't really up to it. I think we can win, yeah. I'm more interested in the younger individuals than the team as a whole at this point.

Funny things happen at this time of year. Clubs that did not make the finals have had an extra month of conditioning and recovery from the previous season; clubs that went deep into the finals played up to five extra tough games and will have plenty of players who are not ready for the first pre-season game. It just depends on who is available.

We are a real chance

A chance because it's pre-season cup, and we are definitely in better shape than last year, but if Hawthorne play half as well their capable they should take the chocolates.

We need our midfield to stand up! If it does were a real big chance. I'm sure quite a bit of confidence can be taken from sat game. We looked polished from where I was sitting.

Our midfield still remains a question mark.

There were some positive take aways from the game.

We may have some players of the future to challenge the existing midfield components but its a long term WIP.

Stranger things have happened in NAB Cup games. May well be the Rolling Zone could be a little creaky at this point and in need of lubrication and tweaking, not to mention the Premiership let-down.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Having seen the practice match on the weekend, i'd have to say no. It was good to see what the young guys are able to produce, but overall there were still far too many skill errors. Hawthorn will eat us alive.
if we cant beat the hawks when ther without buddy and hodge,then were another decade off winning a flag. we will win by 6 goals. :)

Considering the Team Started Training in October I would Hope we are a chance otherwise we are always wasting our time.

We must realize the attitude that we believe we can win Every Game. That Belief Should start now by All of us.

Of course we are a chance. I actually think we should win it - they have a bucket load of injuries/us very few and they are a month behind us in preparation. But even a comprehensive win wouldn't convince me that we are going to be any good this year. We will have to wait to see how we go in round 1. nab cup means very very little (on field, off field it could mean a bit if we do well).

We need our midfield to stand up! If it does were a real big chance. I'm sure quite a bit of confidence can be taken from sat game. We looked polished from where I was sitting.

We need our GAME PLAN to stand up!!!! :blink:

I don't think the extra month's work on fitness is going to make any difference nor the fact the Hawthorn will have 5 of the best players out. They will still be fielding 26 players, like us, 5 of whom will be desperate to cement themselves a spot in the team before the big 5 return.

If we go into the game thinking we are a 'real chance' because those players are missing then we are going to lose.

We need the mindset that all 26 players are playing to EARN their spots for next week.

From what I have read so far only ONE player has earned a spot for this weekend. (Spencer)

It should be a 'competitive' week on the track.

GO DEES - Building for the future.

Carltoon acccually won the nab cup after finishing last then finishing last that same season.

That's true. Althought we have an incredibly hard run to make the final, we would have to beat Hawthorn, Carlton & Geelong just to make the final (if my predictions go to plan of course).

They won't give a rats (how could they)... this would mean more to a bunch of kids, some who are brand new and keen to impress, some who are a year or two in and starved of success.

That said, I'm predicting a 5 goal loss. They're just too skinny. We won't get out to a 10 goal lead, so at best it'll be a close match, and when push comes to shove, the Hawks' bodies will stand up to the punishment.

really looking forward to watching the team play on the weekend, anybody know if it's televised and if so what channel is covering the game?

To be televised on FOX....I'm going over, hope to see other demons there too.!!!!

We need our GAME PLAN to stand up!!!! :blink:

I don't think the extra month's work on fitness is going to make any difference nor the fact the Hawthorn will have 5 of the best players out. They will still be fielding 26 players, like us, 5 of whom will be desperate to cement themselves a spot in the team before the big 5 return.

If we go into the game thinking we are a 'real chance' because those players are missing then we are going to lose.

We need the mindset that all 26 players are playing to EARN their spots for next week.

From what I have read so far only ONE player has earned a spot for this weekend. (Spencer)

It should be a 'competitive' week on the track.

GO DEES - Building for the future.

We have a 'Game Plan?' :unsure:;)

That's right. An extra month's work on fitness won't make a difference. Mind you that extra month there would have been alot of work done in the class room brushing up on what Bailey requires of the team out on the field and learning what the 'BIG' teams are doing, as well as improving kicking and/or disposal skills.

I also think it will be competitive for spots all over the park. It is very much work in progress on the development side of things at our club.

Go Demons! (God speed)

That's true. Althought we have an incredibly hard run to make the final, we would have to beat Hawthorn, Carlton & Geelong just to make the final (if my predictions go to plan of course).

:lol: One game at a time M2W.