All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As with any organisation or group with a collection of people, there will always be different characters. This includes people with different ambition and attitudes. Those that are driven and won't stop at anything to reach their lofty goals and those that are more lazy and aim for the low hanging fruit. Group activities tends to work better the more driven people there are. Particularly with a strong core that lead the way and know what they are doing. They can drag along the less motivated and give them tasks that work to their strengths and contribute to the group effort. When things are slowing down the leaders whip everyone into shape. Apply these principles to a football team and you get the gist.
  3. In that case Earl, with Macca gone, I hope we're looking to also exit the senior players involved as well. The cancer can't be allowed to grow, it must be cut out until the culture is up to standard. Cannot have the tail wagging the dog.
  4. OMG you are the most lame and negative poster going around at the moment. Every thread I open you’re trolling the bejesus out of it. Mods, please....
  5. if i was joel smith, i would probably want to leave to have another opportunity at a new environment i imagine the bigger question is whether, given his injury history, anyone else would be interested in investing in him
  6. That to me just shows they can’t handle opposition pressure. Messier to hit targets when you know nothing is on the line or no one is going to smash into you.
  7. Today
  8. In short LN .... I am not 'fully' convinced either as.. 1. Rubbish in rubbish out effect... eg; we don't have access to the better stuff the club's get from Champion data. 2. Player's roles and other nuances of the game aren't captured including off days, on days, a bad domestic dispute ... a freaky bounce that favours one player over another.(Milne in 2010 1st GF), crowd / umpire effect etc etc etc. Having said that the weighted scores do tend to reflect, more often then not, D'lander views of who has played well / mediocre/average, poor, shizen etc reasonably accurately week to week (player of year votes, general views in 3 word summary / coaches votes etc). As mentioned....i'm not totally in the "For or Against" Tracc camp. I just call things as i see them from match to match. Hence why im suggesting 1. He is playing a better season generally , albeit in a fairly different role vs 2018 and the weighted model is unable to effectively capture that nuance/change; or 2. He is playing better in short spurts at a much higher level during those short bursts vs 2018, yet not sustaining that level. In 2018 he wasn't hitting the heady bursts/peaks as often however he was playing at a (lower impact) level that was sustainable for longer (which impacts in a different way...maybe more effective in the long haul!??). This difference might have arose purely from being asked to play a fairly diff role this season? Or 3. He is giving the appearance (at times) that he is better than 2018 but this appearance is due to the "steaming pile of dung" effect rubbing off from so many around that are playing at a much worse level than Tracc vs their 2018! My gut feel is the answer is mostly a combo of 2 & 3 but more than likely it is also being impacted by point 1 to some degree. As for Harmes that is a TBC for another separate convo tomorrow or when i can find the time/focus lol. Ditto on the selected stats. Thanks for the heat map. I'm assuming that's this season. I'm guessing there's no way you could also grab his 2018 map?
  9. Make them climb Kakoda instead...and then again in January in the middle of summer
  10. Perhaps a late 3rd or 4th rounder but nothing more...but Melbourne will offer pick 3 of course
  11. Buck I suspect Brendan McCartney picked up on it early. He said as much to me while I was watching training a day before it the coaching revamp after the bye. As I relayed in a training report he said to me (unsolicited which surprised me) after a training drill that the kids have to learn to not take short cuts, how you train is how you play but they will learn. My take at the time was that they weren’t putting in 100% at training. The next day Macca was shafted in the coaching reshuffle and rumours from DLand were he had clashed with some senior players. We know now he is gone at years end after telling me at the time he wanted another 2 years to get that elusive flag! Lewis’s comments align with Macca’s I think. Yes we have had injuries but the intensity of 2018 has been missing all year and now the group’s confidence is absolutely shot.
  12. They should dress up as the 2019 season...
  13. He's one of a few intriguing names that are still uncontracted. Frost, Stretch (for different reasons) and ANB are the other ones for mine.
  14. Let's agree to play nice hey? I wasn't talking about Misson leaving at the end of this year, I was talking about the fitness department reshuffle that happened simultaneously to the coaching reshuffle. You're welcome to view it differently, but the way I interpreted Mahoney's comments was that they were moving Misson to a more external role and moving other staff more into the player management roles. I have nothing against Misson, as I've stated previously, he's well regarded in the footy industry, but clearly whenever a football club is changing your role midseason things aren't going well (just ask Brendan McCartney). Perhaps it was just a matter of trying something different given our run of injuries this year.
  15. A year like this in 2020, Gawn will request a trade. You'd be stupid not to. I hate this club so much
  16. What are u talking about? I had him pegged for this in another thread about 6 weeks ago!! And its not a popularity, good service, my dad works at club etc, etc its based on ability TO DO THE JOB!! NUFF SAID! Won't happen though... We are too conservative and nice!
  17. Appreciate all the work mate, love this kind of post. What are your 'selected stats' though? As I reckon even the non-fans of Petracca would admit he's played better this year than last. Harmes has been ok this year, but would have though holistically he was far better last year. Not totally sold on the system mate. Petracca being rated in the top 3 general forwards this year by the AFL's Player Ratings also says he's been better this year. FWIW here's the heat map:
  18. Yeah but how typical MFC.... Will probably play this week!!
  19. Here's some stats (averages and a overall weighted score from select averages) from this season so far vs season 2018 for a little bit of objective context LN. Always have to be careful reading too much into this garb though as players may well be asked to play completely different roles in season, even in game, and from one season to the next of course. This might effect the comparative results somewhat from one season (or shorter period) to another. Might have played a more wide ranging / roaming game last season (hence more rebound 50s, inside 50s and 1%ers in defence) vs say most of the first half or more of this season where he appears to have spent more time up forward or HHF....very little drifitng across HB. Or maybe didn't have the tank to do so as often as last season...poor conditioning/fitness levels like many others!?. Another sign of the forward bias might be indicated in his overall tackles, down nearly 11%, whereas tackles inside 50 are up substantially by 170%! A heat map off AFL Stats-Pro might be handy here to see where he has played most of his time this season if anyone has the Telstra account access to this data and can be bothered posting. Ideally we would need the 2018 map also though. Probably not available any longer. Tracc may well have been a tad off vs last season (table shows he is down approx 15%) based on the yearly weighted score comparison. However he might 'appear' to be better this season (to some) on the field as so many of his fellow players are having a year from hell ie; effectively making Tracc look better than he really is/was vs last season. At least statistically this appears to be so anyway. The fellow player/s "steaming pile of dung" rub-off effect, for want of a better term! Having said that i have witnessed patches this year when he looks the goods. Patches that i can't recall so much last season in terms of "the level of impact". That could just be my ageing grey matter, but unfortunately, like last season these patches were just that. Very patchy! With Tracc seemingly unable to sustain that heady level for long periods. Misson factor or just the player's standards / attitude when coming back from a fairly decent 2018? Team off so much it has dragged him down with them? Or, he is simply playing a significantly different role and that has meant his stat composition has changed but his actual performance of the new role on field (subjectively depending on where you sit/how you see things), is better than his performance last season even though the weighted score says otherwise? Some extracted data (averages per match) from season 2019 vs 2018..... Legend: CP - Contested Possessions UP - Uncontested ED - Effective Disposals DE% - Disposal Efficiency % CM - Contested Mark Mi50 - Marks inside 50 1% - One Percenters CL - Clearances R50 - Rebound 50 i50 - inside 50s T - Tackles Si - Score Involvements MG - Meters Gained TO - Turnovers ITC - Interceptions T5 - Tackles inside 50 TOG% - Time on Ground % G - Goals
  20. You are right height wise but Bradke is miles off AFL standard! A call up could destroy the kid at this stage.
  21. Yup it's why we haven't won a flag in 55 years. Poor leadership
  22. How funny is this... Lewy..love ya's all.. Then ...ya's all got some growing up to do...bye. Hilarious
  23. In all saying that, it's a no from me in regards to Lyon
  1. Load more activity