Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Thank God there's no more practice matches.

grazman

What a bunch of weak gutted supporters we have, some moan about ND having no game plan and when DB implements his ideas people moan, we are at the same stage as the dorks were in a few years ago and everyone now thinks they have a great up an coming list, we will be the same over the same period with some real up and coming youngsters who get to that 50 game period. This year we will have some pain as the young players get used to mixing it with men but over the year we will see improvement from them. I have followed this side for 43 or so years, have bagged coaches and the club over the time but I can honestly say there will be a future when I see the set up the way it is now a football club not a circus as it was in the past.

The club has gone through a major restructure with CC in charge of the football dept a massive step for us , more money invested into it and spent properly, and if you listened to CC on SEN he had a steely resolve in his voice and that is a great thing.

The club has now gone one step further and if some of the candidates that have been mentioned for the job of CEO get the job they will now bring the club into the 21st century, it has taken a while but PG and the board should be congratulated not bagged even SH had his hand in the DB and CC being brought in.

This club at this time needs your support more than ever so cut them some slack there is nothing worse than eating your own

What a bunch of weak gutted supporters we have, some moan about ND having no game plan and when DB implements his ideas people moan, we are at the same stage as the dorks were in a few years ago and everyone now thinks they have a great up an coming list, we will be the same over the same period with some real up and coming youngsters who get to that 50 game period. This year we will have some pain as the young players get used to mixing it with men but over the year we will see improvement from them. I have followed this side for 43 or so years, have bagged coaches and the club over the time but I can honestly say there will be a future when I see the set up the way it is now a football club not a circus as it was in the past.

The club has gone through a major restructure with CC in charge of the football dept a massive step for us , more money invested into it and spent properly, and if you listened to CC on SEN he had a steely resolve in his voice and that is a great thing.

The club has now gone one step further and if some of the candidates that have been mentioned for the job of CEO get the job they will now bring the club into the 21st century, it has taken a while but PG and the board should be congratulated not bagged even SH had his hand in the DB and CC being brought in.

This club at this time needs your support more than ever so cut them some slack there is nothing worse than eating your own

Absolute Brilliant post mate!!!

Well done and i feel exactly the same!!

agreed.

Only thing I am truelly dissapointed in is how [censored] weak the supporters on this forum are being at present.

FFS give the guys some support. We have revamped the place, Bailey has played some youngsters and things aren't going to be turned on like a switch.

Fair dinkum some people are just ready to throw stones as soon as things go bad.

Blokes who have missed a lot of footy are coming back slowly and we are trying new things.

Lets throw out some support there.

on the other hand a lot of supporters are simply pointing out we're in for a bad season, and offering the reasons for this.

i do not believe this to make them [censored] weak, nor does it mean that they are incorrect. a bad season seems on the cards because of our youthful team and the recent sudden changes etc. It doesn't mean people aren't supporting the boys, or that they will turn away, and it also does not mean supporters are having a go at dean bailey. Most of the negative talk is simply reiterating what you're saying BR.

Having a young list that may come to be as good as hawthorn (who have still done nothing) does not mean supporters lose a right to have a say on how they see their footy team travelling and what they believe should happen

agreed.

Only thing I am truelly dissapointed in is how [censored] weak the supporters on this forum are being at present.

FFS give the guys some support. We have revamped the place, Bailey has played some youngsters and things aren't going to be turned on like a switch.

Fair dinkum some people are just ready to throw stones as soon as things go bad.

Blokes who have missed a lot of footy are coming back slowly and we are trying new things.

It's fair enough to say that, and I agree to an extent. Some supporters are total drama queens. But at the same time, why should people feel obliged to unconditionally support the players when the players don't unconditionally work hard in return? I will give Bailey the full year to show us his stuff, and the young players as well. But some players are serial offenders when it comes to a lack of effort, and lack of effort was something that was again painfully obvious yesterday. Fair enough it was a practice game; lets see what they do in Round 1 before judgement is passed. But the worrying lack of trying thus far gives supporters a right to criticise.

I don't mind if our skills are ordinary or our gameplan isn't working; those are things that will develop. Unconditional commitment to just having a go is something that should unequivocally be expected of professional players.

agreed.

But Demonland is the only forum where I can vent my spleen. My fiancee doesn't want to hear about it :lol:

I don't mind if our skills are ordinary or our gameplan isn't working; those are things that will develop. Unconditional commitmentto just having a go is something that should unequivocally be expected of professional players.

Yet some people are bitter over trading Trav... go figure...

The club's moving forward. I don't mind rational informed arguments, but much of what has been written about the preseason is simply chicken little stuff. Danny Corcoran once said that things in footy are never as bad or as good as you think they are.

Guest Schtacker
It's taken me a while to get concerned, but today's showing was pathetic.

The overuse of handball is hideous. We have so few genuine A graders. Our skill level was awful. Our decision making even worse. Any forward would have less hair after today. If ever they nail the gameplan, and I use the word loosely, they'll be world beaters, cos the opposition will have absolutely no friggin idea what's going on.

Could Rivers, Bruce, Whelan, and Morton (poor kid) make so much difference ?

I hope I'm wrong, but I may need to learn how to spell Natanui.

Remarkable turnaround from you , Hannabal, who said this:

I know I'm wasting my breath, so to speak, and I should be using crayons, but here goes.

The Swans have never won a NAB Cup match with Roos at the helm. And other clubs don't want to do well in the preseason comp due to the protection of their upcoming gameplan. This strikes a cord with me. Bailey has one closed training session a week. Whenever Bailey or one of his assistants is interviewed and asked about the new gameplan all they offer is that "they'll be playing for each other". Well having been to training sessions, let me tell you that they practice far more drills and set plays than the previous coaching staff. Bailey doesn't want to let anything out. He also had no interest in winning these matches. That was obvious from the side that played Geelong. He's aiming everything at round 1.

Now the nervous Nellies, ill informed, footy stupid, overly emotional, pessimistic, and just plain dumb supporters can work themselves into a lather, but I'll wait til round 1. Obviously I don't know what we'll do this year, but I'm far from concerned by what's happened to date. And if we are terrible it won't alter my opinion of the preseason. I'd rather experiment with kids.

Frankly, I feel like spitting on the footy stupid. Especially you, Schtacker. And to think that you must love my all time favourite tv show.

***patueey***

Tell you what mate - now that you have completely backflipped on your conceited, condescending remarks you can have your spit back and wipe it on yourself. I thought i was 'the footy stupid' for saying we are cactus, and you were the all-knowing clever man who was waiting till round 1? 44 minutes shy of one week later and all of a sudden you are on my wavelength. Genius.

HEAR! ... HEAR!

there is nothing worse than eating your own

And yet that is the way of the jungle in order to survive. I suspect there is more eating to go actually !!

Still the idea that we undergoing a metamorphisis is spot on. There is more pain to come... more people to come on board and some to go. Some of these will be stalwarts of the club, yet they arent part of the picture going forward. This IS what its all about...a picture going forward.

Part of Melbourne's problem is actually also what makes it great...tradition, loyalties.. nostalgia etc.. and yet none of these will effectively win a game!! No good reminiscing in the long room or such about the grand ol' teams of 59 and 64 etc.. ..what are they going to do.. resurrect themselves and lead the charge ?? of course not. Its up to the here and now players..the here and now club officials. To use what they have to make it better..and better..and better !!

Melbourne has talent.. unfortunately as much belongs in the "has seen better days " dept as does it in the "potential" frame of mind. What is on the paddock is only a start. More chaff to be sorted form the wheat. More Wannabes cut from the Willabees !! And more top ups from the well !!

Only so much was able to be effected regards the list this time round.. but 25% wasnt a shabby effort. it simply wasnt able to go further. I have no dount a similar effect at end of year and that will make a 50% change in lineup in 2 years..To say nothing of the off field line up.

I like many had hoped we might shine a little brighter than we have so far but it seems this may not be our lot this year.

So what..are we really that surprised ?

Persoanlly I will try and keep a lid on any real pessimism regarding his year.. it will be what it is.. and thats probably not all that pretty. But like a Rose you have to do some serious pruning to get it to bud again.

This year is a start.. not a completely new start.. and maybe a bit of a false start but it has the scent of 'reality' about it.

I will still go along to the games i was going to.. I will go whether they are winning or losing. I will cheer.. i will commiserate and i will again hope for better times as I always do. Will I do this blindly or at least acknowledge the reality of our current position ?

My concern isnt that we will now in all likelyhood lose far more than we win this year. My concern is that this will be wasted if we dont grown the new crop of Demons.

We are all perfectly entitled to be critical of needless rubbish. Only a fool accepts their demise without question and yet there really isnt much we can do exept watch and watch and watch some more...all the whiles hoping for some signs of improvement

Dont set the bar too high this year and it wont be too painful :)