Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

ridiculous quote

“And Paul Wheatley had a shoulder injury, but played the last game with Sandringham and showed some good form. He’s well and truly in our best 22 so it’s good to have him back as well.”

i quote Fagan.

Is he out of his mind??? in our best 22?? any side with wheatley in it..won't win a premiership i'm sorry but he doesn't do enough for us and should be traded/delisted at the end of the season. Worst 100 gamer

but welcome back to col and bate.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fagan has no idea. hasn't for a long time

We still have a second rate football department, and it shows

Paul Wheatley is a much better player than many on here give him credit for. IMO he's a victim of the "every player is either a star or a dud" mentality that seems to plague this website.

Agreed (finally :P)!

Wheatley has never gotten himself a permanent position, that IMO is why people don't rate him.

He has almost all the requirements of a great AFL player:

Pace- tick

Long accurate kick- tick

Agility- tick

Reasonable mark- tick

Wheatley has spent a lot of time on the injury list in the last few years, and because he isn't big enough to be a KPP, but isn't small enough to play as a small defender, he has become a victim of his own body. He could, quite successfully play the third defender role instead of Ward or Bizzell, while being far more accurate for his opponent and possessing much better disposal skills.

No idea why he is getting so much negative attention, although I'm not sure that he is well and truly in our best 22.

Yze - I don't know why I bother responding, but Fagan is highly acclaimed and has been sought (and he knocked back) by other clubs over the years.

You are quite happy to write from the comfort of your seat that he "has no idea". Go to training and say it to his face.

Go to training and say it to his face.

....and let me know when you do Y_M, coz i've seen Fagan handle those punching bags and i wouldn't want to be the one he's swinging at.

What would you rather him say, we get Wheatley back this week. He is ordinary but we wish him well....Gimme a break.

Having said that Jaded your tick points are valid. I think the most frustrating thing about Wheats performances over the years has been poor decision making and a tendency to flinch/become reckless when under pressure which has cost us goals in tight games many times

“And Paul Wheatley had a shoulder injury, but played the last game with Sandringham and showed some good form. He’s well and truly in our best 22 so it’s good to have him back as well.”

i quote Fagan.

Is he out of his mind??? in our best 22?? any side with wheatley in it..won't win a premiership i'm sorry but he doesn't do enough for us and should be traded/delisted at the end of the season. Worst 100 gamer

but welcome back to col and bate.

In fairness to wheatley he was in our 22 three years ago. I like the guy a lot but the game has gone past him and i would be amazed if he could make out 22 contrary to what Fagan believes. I think we need to delist him...i said last year that we must give him 2007 to show something...but we cant go forward if were going backwards (refer to Tim Watson and Blight for stupid obvious quotes like this)

How about the 50m penalty he gave away against Hawthorn when we were back in it.

Unforgivable in my opinion.

Do you do everything perfectly everyday do you Gouga? Players make mistakes, we all do.

In fairness to wheatley he was in our 22 three years ago. I like the guy a lot but the game has gone past him and i would be amazed if he could make out 22 contrary to what Fagan believes. I think we need to delist him...i said last year that we must give him 2007 to show something...but we cant go forward if were going backwards (refer to Tim Watson and Blight for stupid obvious quotes like this)

I've always thought he plays a reasonable game - hope he can have an injury free run at showing us what he can do.

Wheatley has never gotten himself a permanent position, that IMO is why people don't rate him.

Pace- tick

Long accurate kick- tick

Agility- tick

Reasonable mark- tick

Wheatley has spent a lot of time on the injury list in the last few years, and because he isn't big enough to be a KPP, but isn't small enough to play as a small defender, he has become a victim of his own body. He could, quite successfully play the third defender role instead of Ward or Bizzell, while being far more accurate for his opponent and possessing much better disposal skills.

No idea why he is getting so much negative attention, although I'm not sure that he is well and truly in our best 22.

i'll tell you why. because you need guys that will go in and get the ball- Mclean, bell, jones, bartram. fitness is anothjer aspect of it but i dont see wheatley (even though he is fast)- use his pace to effectiveness.

i'll tell you why. because you need guys that will go in and get the ball- Mclean, bell, jones, bartram. fitness is anothjer aspect of it but i dont see wheatley (even though he is fast)- use his pace to effectiveness.

how often does Ward go in and get the ball? I'd have Wheatley in the side before Ward any day.

so would i mate...if u read my players that should go- ward was one of them i said should go. he is a serious offender of being a passenger. does nothing for the team. all i'm saying is that we aren't going to win a flag anytime soon with blokes like ward, wheatley and miller playng CHF. And also Holland too-- too slow for an AFL footballer and cannot kick if his life depended on it

Pace- tick

Long accurate kick- tick

Agility- tick

Reasonable mark- tick

That's his problem. He ticks all the boxes, but plays best in defence, when he should play on the wing. Just has never got enough of the ball throughout his career. Servicable at best.

Do you do everything perfectly everyday do you Gouga? Players make mistakes, we all do.

We all make mistakes, Wheatley made a blatent and damaging one. One that hurt our team so much on the day, in my humble opinion is unforgivable.

how often does Ward go in and get the ball? I'd have Wheatley in the side before Ward any day.

So would I, but getting Wheatley into our best 22 isn't a matter of replacing Ward because Ward isn't there either.

How about the 50m penalty he gave away against Hawthorn when we were back in it.

Unforgivable in my opinion.

We all make mistakes, Wheatley made a blatent and damaging one. One that hurt our team so much on the day, in my humble opinion is unforgivable.

How about Stynes in 1987?

Let it go :P

get off wheaters back!! ffs he has been wrecked by injurys and if he was fully fit he is an important player. Gouger he gave one 50 meter penalty! why dont u have a go at neitz for his free kick against port power or the bulldogs thats cost us goals late in the game! or at times when he has missed shots at goals he should have kicked. get off his back! im sick of people rubbishing our players these days its getting beyond the joke!! :angry: :angry:

just deal of what we got and learn to put up with it!

You are kidding yourself Gouga! What Wayne Carey did is unforgivable!

A 50m penalty.....come on!