Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

If Geelong were 0 - 8

Gouga

If Geelong were 0 - 8 this week Mark Thompson would be sacked.

If Fremantle were 0 - 8 this week Chris Connelly would be sacked.

If Kangaroos were 0 - 8 this week Dean Laidely would be sacked.

Get my point?

The reality is we are the ones that are 0 - 8. In my opinion the board has no choice.

ND must resign or be sacked this week. There is no excuse for our performances this year.

What is the point of doing it now? Why not just wait til the end of the year? ND is not a bad coach, he is just not good enough. He has been with us for 10 years and put his heart and soul into it. I think he has earnt the rest of the year. Give him a chance to redeem himself a little. But DEFINATELY sack him at the end of the year.

What is the point of doing it now? Why not just wait til the end of the year? ND is not a bad coach, he is just not good enough. He has been with us for 10 years and put his heart and soul into it. I think he has earnt the rest of the year. Give him a chance to redeem himself a little. But DEFINATELY sack him at the end of the year.

You say definately sack him at the end of the year? Why avoid the inevitable?

It doesn't matter how much he loves the club, his time is up. And no more chances, he has had plenty.

I love the club too and it is starting to hurt pretty bad.

if geelong were 0-8, however they were missing 10 of their starting 18 for most of those games (including their best 2 forwards, and important defenders and midfielders) then thompson would not be sacked.

u can't just take the 0-8 record without putting it into context. we couldv even had 2 wins on the board with a bit of luck.

seeing as u state fact with no context, ur thread is rediculous and flawed.

ND should not be sacked, and if he is, it should be at the end of the season

Yeah. Allow him to part ways with respect and dignity. It's not going to make MUCH of a difference to sack him now, if any at all.

The guy deserves some measure of respect. He's done a fair bit for the club.

You say definately sack him at the end of the year? Why avoid the inevitable?

It doesn't matter how much he loves the club, his time is up. And no more chances, he has had plenty.

I love the club too and it is starting to hurt pretty bad.

doesn t deserve to be sacked mid year.

if geelong were 0-8, however they were missing 10 of their starting 18 for most of those games (including their best 2 forwards, and important defenders and midfielders) then thompson would not be sacked.

u can't just take the 0-8 record without putting it into context. we couldv even had 2 wins on the board with a bit of luck.

seeing as u state fact with no context, ur thread is rediculous and flawed.

ND should not be sacked, and if he is, it should be at the end of the season

You still hiding behind injuries?

You are as pathetic as the team.

There are so many problems with our team, injuries being the least of them. Our injuries are on par with other teams, but they still manage to play some sort of resemblance of football. We don't.

You like watching our defence kick from side to side before a turnover? You like seeing high price players make continues soft efforts? You like watching our only champion in Neitz starved of oppurtunities because of no run through in the midfield?

Injuries? Give me a break.

And yes, even with injuries Mark Thompson would be sacked!

definitely wait till the end of the year for someone who has helped the club so much, and basically overhauled his own (media) personality just for the sake of the club. i don't want to see him go, but to be honest today was the first time in a while i saw absolutely no system, maybe cos it was on the tv not at the game. but the players having no one to kick to up the ground for basically the entire match speaks to me that something is really lacking in the creativity department.

Yeah. Allow him to part ways with respect and dignity. It's not going to make MUCH of a difference to sack him now, if any at all.

Agree 100%. I'm glad the club is treating Neale with the dignity and respect he deserves. Sacking the coach at this stage provides absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

Agree. And nothing is gained by such a blood letting.

ND will be gone at year end and so will some senior players.

it would just be an admission that we are in tatters, something no one wants when you're in this position because that's how you finish last. if the board remains strong, it will help the players stay together as a group

when we're 1-11 or 0-12 at the mid-season break daniher will resign, and serve out the rest of the year while the club work on recruiting a new coach.

If he resigns..he wont be still coaching.

I think the Club and ND will honour their part of the bargain and work to prevent the season slipping further into a hole.

The Board would no doubt be planning 2008 and the succession issues.

I want to know what you think will happen if he resigns this week?

Who comes in and coaches... Paul Williams? Please!

I rather Daniher sees out the year, than get some clueless caretaker who will only do more damage to the club.

I'm so sick of people saying we should sack ND now, it's not gonna happen and nor should it. As a member i would feel very disillusioned if the club decided to give Neal the flick at this stage, having to replace him with a ASSISTANT COACH who has been working under him, and having to pay him out anyway.

If we do not improve (ie if we don't win many of our next 6-7 games of which seem to be well within our grasp with a full team) than he should go and i feel that he would be be willing to fall on his own sword, this was provide the club and ND a parting ways that's fitting for a 10 year relationship.

Perhaps the club and Neal should discuss their future in the next couple of rounds and talk about options of going full on youth (just not playing any of the Ward, Brown, Wheatly, Bizzell, etc. and going for Buckly, Frawley, Neville, Newton, etc). This is something i don't particularly want, playing the kids doesn't mean they are going to learn from the hard knocks, they need the mix of experience to ofset thier nerves. We should maybe instead aim to have a certain amount of young players in every week, and should give almost everyone a chance.

Perhaps the club and Neal should discuss their future in the next couple of rounds and talk about options of going full on youth (just not playing any of the Ward, Brown, Wheatly, Bizzell, etc. and going for Buckly, Frawley, Neville, Newton, etc). This is something i don't particularly want, playing the kids doesn't mean they are going to learn from the hard knocks, they need the mix of experience to ofset thier nerves. We should maybe instead aim to have a certain amount of young players in every week, and should give almost everyone a chance.

Dunn, Bate, Jones and Petterd are all under 20, as is Bartram who is a certainty in the 22 when fit. You mention the need to balance youth with experience -- I think we already have it right.

By the way Paul Wheatley is only 25. I wouldn't be lumping him in the same group as the old farts you've mentioned above.

Are we all of a sudden richmond supporters?

If sacking the coach and replacing him would fix all the problems i would be all for it. This is not this case.

WE HAVE GREATER PROBLEMS AT THIS CLUB!

Our players lack leadership, and when a game is in the balance we dont have the heart to get over the line.

ND has been good and bad, but his exit will not be an auto-fix.

It ND departs, the board will take the broom through this list.

Man, lets all just enjoy playing the kids. F#$K the politics, let the board moves come after round 22. Support the current coach and watch the kids blossom!

It ND departs, the board will take the broom through this list.

Agree with all your post bar this line. The board will not touch the playing list at all, regardless of whether someone's sitting in the senior coach's chair or not.

I think it's worth noting here that ND is actually a pretty good bloke from all accounts... If we treat him right ie let him coach out the year and leave under his own steam, he may just take care of the list and leave the incoming coach with a better list than he'd be left with otherwise. If Williams, or Fagan, or whoever comes in you can bet they'll be so pressured they won't be able to educate the younger players in the way they need to be. It would be left up to the players themselves... It makes much more sense to treat Neale with the respect he's shown the club. It paints us in a good light for a prospective incoming coach, and Neale will probably do the right thing by MFC before the end of round 22.

Lets be honest with ourselves right now. The current MFC board is the most financially focused board the MFC has probably ever had. Do you really think they will sack ND, or allow ND to resign, and then have to pay out the rest of his contract while also paying someone else to be head coach for the end of the year?

It won't happen.

Mmm.

The point of my post is this start of the season would not be tolerated at other clubs. The three names I mentioned above would be gone if their teams have performed as badly as Melbourne.

The best arguement I've heard for keeping ND is 'he is a good bloke.' Oh yeah, and ND should coach the rest of the year out of respect for what he has done for the club. Where was David Schwarz's respect? Where was the respect for Woewodin?

I think us Melbourne supporters are too used to tolerating [censored]. We don't owe Neale anything. He has had a ten year crack at it and we are further away from a premiership than ever.

Why do we have to tolerate performances like today for the rest of the year.

If you were a prospective coach and all of a sudden see a 10 year coach of a club get sacked midseason, do you think that is the kind of club or working environment you would want to be a part of?

I know I wouldn't!

Mmm.

The point of my post is this start of the season would not be tolerated at other clubs. The three names I mentioned above would be gone if their teams have performed as badly as Melbourne.

The best arguement I've heard for keeping ND is 'he is a good bloke.' Oh yeah, and ND should coach the rest of the year out of respect for what he has done for the club. Where was David Schwarz's respect? Where was the respect for Woewodin?

I think us Melbourne supporters are too used to tolerating [censored]. We don't owe Neale anything. He has had a ten year crack at it and we are further away from a premiership than ever.

Why do we have to tolerate performances like today for the rest of the year.

Dude, I totally agree with you. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that it's pointless bitching about it because nothing is going to happen in this matter. He won't resign and they won't sack him until the season is over.