Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Chris Judd

grazman

Bruce, Sylvia and 1 pick seems huge and most will look at that and say no way, but the Eagles will demand something like that no doubt....

Bruce, Sylvia and our 2nd pick (17) if we finish last would be a great deal.... id love to keep 1 if we got it to get a ruckman but if Judd's available jeez..... tough choice

Guest dee'viator
as good as Judd is....one man for a lot of money ...is not the solution for a team ( unless its the coaching job!! )

We desperately need a powerhouse CH/F more than a Judd!

Whoops meant 2 put a maybe in there! Let me rephrase:

Miller and maybe Green with a no3 Draft Pick. See West Coast reaction and base futher trade on that.

wc will not buy that at all. you need to think about what wce need in terms of players. they dont need midfielders but they do need a CHF, CHB and forward pocket. If i were WC i would be looking at Rivers + Davey + Miller + round 2 draft pick. In terms for them, that would be adiquate. 2 very good players, 1 potentual good player if the coach got angry with him and a good pick. Saying that i dont wanna loose rivers. Davey...well although i love him, there are players similar to him that come every couple of years in the draft and i could possible grit my teeth for the loss of davey for judd. Davey wouldnt be enough tho. I have a feeling wc would also cast a quick eye over sylvia and robertson as i think their forward line lacks some. In a perfect world we could trade Miller + Sylvia + Round 2 pick for him but wc would laugh at that. At the end of the day i think he will stay in perth at wce.

So who do i think for judd well: Bell + Bruce + Miller + Round 2 draft pick

The investment of a new coach is not a half bad idea but mathews will never leave brissy

We desperately need a powerhouse CH/F more than a Judd!

Well if Pav, Brown, Reivoldt, Brad Johnson were on offer that would be great but they arnt. they all have signed contracts for at least 2008

You kidding right... :wacko:

not at all. they prob wouldnt buy it but:

Bruce - replaceable by judd

Bell - they are in need of a small defender so he may suit there. wc would be worried that he has shown little at melb

Miller - easily replaced by Dunn. we have given miller too many oportunities and will know that if we give him up (unlike armstrong) we gave it our best shot

Pick - well thats the downside i guess. y i didnt give up round 1

not at all. they prob wouldnt buy it but:

Bruce - replaceable by judd

Bell - they are in need of a small defender so he may suit there. wc would be worried that he has shown little at melb

Miller - easily replaced by Dunn. we have given miller too many oportunities and will know that if we give him up (unlike armstrong) we gave it our best shot

Pick - well thats the downside i guess. y i didnt give up round 1

Sorry Occo....you are off track.

Bell....they are in need of a small defender.......so Bell goes, and who replaces him? Brown, Wheatley, Bizzell, Ward ????? I think we'll keep Bell!

Miller.....easily replaced by Dunn.....not really.....Dunn still has a lot of development to go, and with Neitz not too far from retiring, Dunn isn't going to hold the forward line together by himself.

Bruce.....easily replaced by Judd.......yeah......in a straight swap, they would be, but we lose out in too many other areas just to get him, not to mention a draft pick.

As good as Judd is, he isn't worth all that!

Take the draft pick, and develop the player.....Judd isn't worth ripping a hole in the playing list for!

Sorry Occo....you are off track.

Bell....they are in need of a small defender.......so Bell goes, and who replaces him? Brown, Wheatley, Bizzell, Ward ????? I think we'll keep Bell!

Miller.....easily replaced by Dunn.....not really.....Dunn still has a lot of development to go, and with Neitz not too far from retiring, Dunn isn't going to hold the forward line together by himself.

Bruce.....easily replaced by Judd.......yeah......in a straight swap, they would be, but we lose out in too many other areas just to get him, not to mention a draft pick.

As good as Judd is, he isn't worth all that!

Take the draft pick, and develop the player.....Judd isn't worth ripping a hole in the playing list for!

Well i recon Warnock has shown enough to be a 22 player, replacing bell. As for Miller well Dunn is a better CHF and people say Newton is on the way for taking neitz place. You say "develop the player", well why cant we have a crack at that this year, get warnock into some some more game time. At the end of the day i recon Bell is ordinary and easily replaced (remember bartram isnt playing atm) and Miller a hack.

think about it:

B: Bartram Carroll Frawley

HB: C.Johnson Rivers Ward

C: Jones Judd Moloney

HF: Robbo Dunn Bate

F: Davey Neitz Green

R: Jamar McDonnald McLean

I.C: Johnstone, Sylvia, White, Warnock

Thats what i think anyway. Im prepared to lose bruce, miller and bell. Obviously this is a forum and different people have different thoughts. But at the end of the day none of us have the last decision

Thats what i think anyway. Im prepared to lose bruce, miller and bell. Obviously this is a forum and different people have different thoughts. But at the end of the day none of us have the last decision

Fair enough.

I just don't see 3 players (fair players as well) plus a draft pick for Judd.......just too much IMO.

Fair enough.

I just don't see 3 players (fair players as well) plus a draft pick for Judd.......just too much IMO.

Well i guess im like 1 of 20 million aussies who wanna see judd at their club. I think the likes of Jones, Bartram, McLean would shine under his leadership and feel both McLean and Judd would be like Voss and Power at brissy.

Ever in history has a captain of a A.F.L club left and gone elsewhere???? I doubt Judd will go anywhere!!!! So stop dreaming.. Wat we need is a new recruits guy, and a new coach..

Guest dee'viator
see story attached.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/com...5E20322,00.html

I'd love him at Melbourne, and regardless of what is written about, insinuated, rumoured or prophesised the final decision about where he plays next year will be pretty much his alone.

I think he is the most influential player in the AFL and I think if he nominated any one of the other fifteen clubs, each would do whatever it took to get him to the club.

Pies, Blues eye Judd

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/com...5E19742,00.html

Ever in history has a captain of a A.F.L club left and gone elsewhere???? I doubt Judd will go anywhere!!!! So stop dreaming.. Wat we need is a new recruits guy, and a new coach..

RDB more recently Leigh Colbert.

Let us have our dreams, its going to be a long season, besides those wanKERRsat West Coast can't have him anymore - he doesn't fit in with the type of culture they are developing over there.

he went for the dees as a kid.., grew up here of course. So. if the extraordinary event occurred that Chris judd didnt re sign with the Eagles, we could get him for one of high if not number 1 draft pick and a player

Not really because Matthews is not available and they seem like figures that can neither be proved or disproved - which sort of runs contrary to the laws of mathematics! Secondly your point about McLean being the only player the Eagles want is not right in my opinion. McLean is fantastic, but he is injury prone and is slow by foot. Davey and Frawley would be two they would look at closely. Otherwise I think it is draft picks.

I rate our list a lot higher than some, and think that Judd would be for Melbourne what Carey was for North. Big question is who will be our Pagan?

Who's WCE's forward pocket player....Armas.

Wouldn't Davey be enticing as part of the package?