Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Am I the only one worried about Monday?

Gorgoroth

Because I am; I have the worst gut feeling in the world

Not sure if I just need Yze Magic to tell me we will win by 10 goals (as he likes to do :lol:) but I have a really really bad feeling that come Monday arvo ill be leaving the G after screaming my guts out at the Dee's whilst they got beaten by 6 goals.

I think that the second quarter will be the big one for me, both after playing badly will come out guns blazing first quarter but its who will go on in the 2nd that i think will be a massive factor.

I'm truly worried :blink:

Im not all that worried yet. I will be before the game and prob on the weekend but worrying about it wont make us win so im trying to close the door on the issue till monday morn at least.

Im excited because of last weeks shithouse preformance we should now be rearing and ready to go 2 smash the hawks in to!!

Plus the hawks suck!

Plus the hawks suck!

They dont actually. they have a chance at finishing higher than us i feel

They dont actually. they have a chance at finishing higher than us i feel

That's a big call. Did you see them last week? It's no coincidence that we only copped it REALLY badly from the media in the 24 hours between the end of our match and the end of theirs. Once completed it was universal who the worst team was in round 1.

I came to a comforting realisation today. At some point this year we'll hit our straps. We always do. Even if we lose the next three, you know the team is too grown up to put up with too much grief from people. We really SHOULD be better than we were on Friday. A LOT better, and I'm confident the squad will do the right thing. We really should finish higher than the Hawks, assuming the injury gods are kind.

That said, it's the next few weeks im nervous about. It's a matter of WHEN we start gelling. While inconsistent, young and brash, the Hawks do have weapons that are capable of turning matches. If we can hold them, our level headed oldies should get us over the line. But to answer the title of this thread...

No.

That's a big call. Did you see them last week? It's no coincidence that we only copped it REALLY badly from the media in the 24 hours between the end of our match and the end of theirs. Once completed it was universal who the worst team was in round 1.

I came to a comforting realisation today. At some point this year we'll hit our straps. We always do. Even if we lose the next three, you know the team is too grown up to put up with too much grief from people. We really SHOULD be better than we were on Friday. A LOT better, and I'm confident the squad will do the right thing. We really should finish higher than the Hawks, assuming the injury gods are kind.

That said, it's the next few weeks im nervous about. It's a matter of WHEN we start gelling. While inconsistent, young and brash, the Hawks do have weapons that are capable of turning matches. If we can hold them, our level headed oldies should get us over the line. But to answer the title of this thread...

No.

I honestly see a lit of potentual in the Hawks. They are the best depth team and although dont have youth like Brissy, they will be very good by 2009 when i predict they will make the 8.

I know they played badly on sat but so did we. I cant comment any more about their game as i didnt see them as i dont have foxtel :(

i am not to worried about monday, but hopefully we do beat the hawks by a consideratiaable margin and get our season back on track. I know it is only rd 2, but if we go bad now that is the end of us in 2007. But i do hope we will get back on track and end up about 3rd or 4th on the table at the end of the next 21 weeks

Because I am; I have the worst gut feeling in the world

Not sure if I just need Yze Magic to tell me we will win by 10 goals (as he likes to do :lol:) but I have a really really bad feeling that come Monday arvo ill be leaving the G after screaming my guts out at the Dee's whilst they got beaten by 6 goals.

I think that the second quarter will be the big one for me, both after playing badly will come out guns blazing first quarter but its who will go on in the 2nd that i think will be a massive factor.

I'm truly worried :blink:

Hate to say it but I have that sinking feeling too about Monday - I guess I've seen it all before to often.

Then again Iv'e also got a vision of Yze silencing a few critics with a 6 goal bag.

Can someone tell me what is going to unfold?

I honestly see a lit of potentual in the Hawks. They are the best depth team and although dont have youth like Brissy, they will be very good by 2009 when i predict they will make the 8.

I know they played badly on sat but so did we. I cant comment any more about their game as i didnt see them as i dont have foxtel :(

Absolutely. A wonderful future. But if Saturday night showed anything it's that there's really no need to get too spooked by the for this year. They'll do some damage here and there but they have MILES to go. That's ok for them. They have the youngest list in the AFL, so who cares? They'll bide their time and in the next few years will start to tear it up.

But not in 2007.

im not to worried , ithink we can beat them sfter there performance on saturday night

To me our biggest problem is on field leadership. Who steps up when things start to go pear shaped? Last year it was Mclean and Pickett. Neither will be playing on monday. Need more from Bruce, Green, Johnstone etc. we don't get it often enough to see the improvement we all crave

I am over the loss against the Saints (either that or I'm in denial)..... I think we will beat the Hawks quite comfortably on Monday!

We will play a hard, running game with Moloney, TJ, Green and Bate bursting long bombs into the F50.... I think we will win purely on our F50 entries! I would not be surprised to see us enter our attacking zone no less than 60 times!

People may laugh, but in my opinion the Anthony Rock factor had a lot to do with the game on Friday night and throw in the fact that we bundled them outta the finals, it was no surprise the Saints got up....

But Hawthorn will feel the force of our loss! And in my opinion it could not happen to a better team! The years of '87 & '88 will long be etched into my brain! Different players, same baby poo colours!

GO DEES!!!

Very worried.

Last Friday completely deflated me in every way.

Thankfully there is not a whole lot of footy news up here in FNQ. I did manage to catch a bit of the Brisbane v. Saints game and it only highlighted how poorly we play the run and carry style, and how average St.Kilda are.

My only hope is that we go back to our style, the one that suits us best and ditch the run and carry game plan, which leaves virtually half our side incapable of playing.

Were have we always struggled against hawthorn?

The ruck

Why was this?

Peter Everent (cant spell)

Where is Spider?

Sydney

So y will Melbourne win?

Cause melbourne win in all aspects

Foward

Back

Centre and as a whole team aswell

My verdict melbourne by 63

The hawks have always killed us in the ruck, because their clearances were one of the best in the AFL. Everitt was good for them. Mitchell & Hodge would feed off him. Without Everitt, we may have a chance to fix that problem. If you stop them in the centre, they'll panic & fall into their old game play.

That's when we demolish them.

Now I'm worried, looks like Brown, Wheatley, Godfrey and Biz are in for the game. Take Biz out of the four and add Ward we have the four turnover kings playing. I'd rather see Yze hold his spot at least he has the ability to win matches.

Now I'm worried, looks like Brown, Wheatley, Godfrey and Biz are in for the game. Take Biz out of the four and add Ward we have the four turnover kings playing. I'd rather see Yze hold his spot at least he has the ability to win matches.

Wheatly would be in to cover Franklin id say, Brown im not sure probally to rebound off the backline and pick up about 30 disposals with about 90% of them being ineffective. Bizz misses out which is sad as i think he should get a game in stead of Brown. Not sure if Godfrey will play if bartram is out will have to found out on monday!!

CARN THE DEES!!

'smash the hawks'