• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm

16 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Billy Stretch is on the outer - career under threat 

Yep just dont think he does enough when he plays.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Billy Stretch is on the outer - career under threat 

Maybe time as a rookie might help shakeout the talent, and desire ?

On 3/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

My Round 1 team prediction:

Back:         Jetta                  McDonald                  Hore

H/B:          Hibberd              Frost                           Lewis

Centre:     Salem                 Viney                          Jones

H/F:          Petracca             McDonald                 Melksham

F:              Spargo                 Weideman                Harmes

R:             Gawn                    Oliver                         Brayshaw

Int:           Fritsch                 Neal-Bullen               Hunt

C Wagner

Don't want to toot my own horn...... but I picked it!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Maybe time as a rookie might help shakeout the talent, and desire ?

I doubt desire is the problem - he is used as a mentor to newbies to show them how to train. I would think confidence may be the issue.

9 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I doubt desire is the problem - he is used as a mentor to newbies to show them how to train. I would think confidence may be the issue.

Wondering if it's deep down self belief along with some confidence.

I ronically Billy runs and kicks and that's about it. He is not special in close or with handball or changes direction of the footy much if at all.

So he is purely a runner who kicks without looking to dispose properly.

Think  of his goal in the last quarter vs Hawks in 2016 and that's Billy. Straight line and kick fir goal! (nothing wrong with that but put him 20/30 metres back and the ball is usually in dispute after his disposal or cleared by an opponent.

Also tackling is ok marking not great and really unfortunately not strong in body so AFL overwhelms him in my opinion whereas VFL suits with less physicality and more opportunities to run.

Feel a little bad about this fir Billy as I believe he absolutely tris and maintains the highest standards and is the best role model in the Club.

I really would love him to become a running outside winger a la Hunty!

Go Billy the challenge is there. grab it!

3 hours ago, poita said:

Underwhelming team in my opinion. The first 18 basically pick themselves, but the 4 on the bench don't convince me. Definitely a weaker side than we had for most of last year, and our lack of depth (particularly in key positions and through the midfield) is a real concern. 

I would like to see an extra tall to provide some cover for when Max rests and Weideman rucks, or if we have an injury, or is the plan to run Max into the ground so he is cooked by finals again? Any of Wagner, Hunt and Spargo could drop out.

18 out of the 22 that played in the prelim last year.

Fritch in is a plus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimes Times said:

18 out of the 22 that played in the prelim last year.

Fritch in is a plus

That worked out well....

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

That worked out well....

21 of those 22 players played the finals before that game didn't they

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

stretch has always just been a bad kick. His ball drop is terrible and has been since day 1.

Wrong.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Is Hore a tall, small, what position would he play? I really do not know a lot about him.

Yep. utility defender, imo.

21 hours ago, dees189227 said:

fascinating seeing Watts play from an opposition point of view.

Hore might be a perfect-match for Watssup.  💘  Could give him a touchup, at the same time as giving him the runaround.

il_794xN.1151838006_hj1r.jpg

Wheres Greg 'good' Evans...  whenever he's needed !

5 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Desire in the AFL game...  to go even harder than he has done,  more desperation,  throwing caution to the wind,  and just go for it.

Some kids are just too cautious.   I don't know IF Stretch is one of these, But.

46 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Jesus... 🤦‍♂️

Which position?  CHF?    Didn’t see him named in the 22.  

Maybe Christian suspended him.  

Edited by monoccular
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DV8 said:

Desire in the AFL game...  to go even harder than he has done,  more desperation,  throwing caution to the wind,  and just go for it.

Some kids are just too cautious.   I don't know IF Stretch is one of these, But.

Oh FFS is this one of your feelings a la Petracca - that fat bloke who has to be dragged kicking and screaming out of a giant bowl of Mumma's pasta to play footy.

Stretch leaves no stone unturned to play AFL footy. You wont find a harder trainer or anyone more meticulous in their preparation. It's more a question of whether he has enough AFL attributes. 

I'll regret posting this I'm sure given your likely responses and endless posting, so feel free to just leave it as I will.

1 hour ago, Roger Mellie said:

Oh FFS is this one of your feelings a la Petracca - that fat bloke who has to be dragged kicking and screaming out of a giant bowl of Mumma's pasta to play footy.

Stretch leaves no stone unturned to play AFL footy. You wont find a harder trainer or anyone more meticulous in their preparation. It's more a question of whether he has enough AFL attributes. 

I'll regret posting this I'm sure given your likely responses and endless posting, so feel free to just leave it as I will.

I am on his side stretch.  I want him to succeed.   But as others are saying, he hasn't set the AFL world on fire, and neither has Tracca...  who I also want to succeed.  Tracca needs a fire lit under him...  and Roosy roasted him, because of his ways.  He needs it again.

Stretch I don't think a 'fire',  but maybe a shot over the bow.

And my post has absolutely Nothing to do with Stretch's trainings methods nor his fitness, as you alluded to.   The problem is with your own 'perception', of what I wrote/write.

Maybe you should get of the turps before posting. RM.

Edited by DV8

On 3/21/2019 at 9:47 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Weaker team than 2018

And it’s ONLY round 1

Hannan Lewis (if out) Vanders and Tyson our for the 3 debutants (Hore C.Wagner and TomS ) plus Hunty leaves I agree this team weaker than the Cats/Hawks Finals team. 18 out of 22 tomorrow!

Prelim alter Joel Smith for Fritta (17 out of 22) in tomorrow!

But it is still a better team than Round 1 in 2016 even allowing for the inexperience at AFL Level.

BUT place May KK Lever and Vanders/Hannan/Lewis later in the season then that is as good as it gets if all fit and in form. ANB And Spargo would both need to be in better form than the JLT brand also.