Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday, 20th February, 2019

Demonland

I popped by for about half an hour. I was standing pint road side of the oval so only really had a good view of the rehabbers.

Rehab consisted of Jones, Tmac, Lever and Hannan. 

Jones looks like he’s not far off from going the main group. Doing a lot of ground work, running, running shot on goal etc. only thing he wasn’t doing was contact work.

Tmac, not sure what’s up with him. He’s pulled out of AFLX. Fritsch his replacement. Wasn’t in the main group and was doing some marking drills with Stafford as I got there. Then game over to the rehab side of the oval and wasn’t doing a great deal of anything. He and Hannan left the track early.

Hannan was going some goal kicking practice. Nice guy. Had a quick chat to him and asked him how far he is away from the main group. Said he had a minor knee op to clear out some floating bone that was irritating him from his previous op. Said he’s really happy now and will start running next week, do a good 6 week block of running and training and aim for a round 2 or 3 return. 

Lever was doing a lot of marking and kicking drills with Jones and Crossy, then did some laps of the oval fartlek style. Was building up some solid pace. If the club wasn’t taking the extra causious approach with him, he could’ve looked at possible return in the early rounds. He’s building nicely.

Melksham was in the main group.

I apologize I didn’t get to see much of the drills but at one stage down my end there was one drill where the were a chain of handballs where it was start at about 20m from goal, a chain of handballs going back towards the 50m arc and  the final player coming through at full speed running towards the goal and having shots on goal. The chain of and handballs were fast and slick and the shots on goal were very accurate. Who whole drill was very clean. No dropped balls, players weren’t breaking stride and no shanked kicks. I must say big Pruessy kicking for goal was impressive. Harmsey and Trac had a tendency to hook the odd kick but overall it was pretty good. 

Hope this is ok. I’m just going from memory as I didn’t write down any notes.

if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 2

I got there at about 10:15 and stayed for 50 minutes or so. 

Tommy Mc walking off with a staff member. Lever was finishing up, Jones doing ball work, Hannan boxing.

Didn’t see Viney or KK. Nor Walker or Neitscke.

None of the 5 Indigenous players were there, assume they’re still on their camp.

As far as I could tell everyone else was in full training. 

• Like 4

It was the normal Wednesday craft session

Lots of ball movement, marking and tackling drills

It is probably Tommy Mac and his toe again

Nice drill at the end with marking using the bag, Mick Stinnear voluteered to be under the bag, think Gawny went out of his way to flatten him one time, much to everyone's amusement

Dec Keilty was the standout in this drill, had Goodwin and another coach belting them with smaller bags as they launched onto big one, Keilty did not drop one whereas the others did

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Please go to training more oftern @Megatron

How were Steven May and the newbies? Sparrow, Jordan etc

Dang. I didn’t even see May. Not to say he wasn’t there. I didn’t notice many of the defenders as they were at the other end. Didn’t see Sparrow. It i saw Jordan and he looks lively. Laser left foot and quick. Bedford might be a surprise this year. That kid has a go. I saw he nailed big Maxy in a tackle a few sessions back and that was no fluke. Looks as though he loves the contest. 

I tell ya who looks fit. And that is Vanders. The guy just looks in ripping shape and ready to go. Expect him to go into beastmode this season. 

• Like 11

Mostly split in to 3 diffferent groups and doing light craft work.

I tried to watch a bit of Corey Wagner but nothing stood out. 

Sparrow’s size and acceleration stand out, no idea what it means in game terms yet but he’s an athlete.

In a drill where Rawlings kicked a high ball then Chaplin whacked defenders with pads it was clear Hore picks up the flight and marks well overhead.

I like Chandlers energy. 

Salem was in with the mids when they did a little bit of center clearance work near the end.

Hunt has a few random barrels that made it to half way from the goal square.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I got there at about 10:15 and stayed for 50 minutes or so. 

Tommy Mc walking off with a staff member. Lever was finishing up, Jones doing ball work, Hannan boxing.

None of the 5 Indigenous players were there, assume they’re still on their camp.

As far as I could tell everyone else was in full training. 

KK was there but I didn’t see Viney or the indigenous players there either. 

For those concerned about Tmac, I wouldn’t be too concerned. He was jumping up for marks in the marking drill. Body language was still positive. Could be a deload week for him. 

Itll be interesting to see who plays in the practice game on Friday.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Megatron said:

For those concerned about Tmac, I wouldn’t be too concerned. He was jumping up for marks in the marking drill. Body language was still positive. Could be a deload week for him. 

I like to think that TMac is messing with the AFL. Having pulled out of AFLX he's now pretending to have an injury to justify his absence. (At least, that's what I'd like to believe.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Thanks...thats a relief.

1 hour ago, Megatron said:

I popped by for about half an hour. I was standing pint road side of the oval so only really had a good view of the rehabbers.

Sounds like you could be do well be to be a rehabber. What with pints for breakfast and all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the reports!

Good to hear that Jones is moving well in rehab and close to rejoining the main group.  Seems to have been a great unknown this preseason.

Not great news about Hannan’s delayed start to the season.  He was excellent for us in the back-end of last year.  Hopefully he can get enough Ks into the legs soon.

1 hour ago, Megatron said:

Tmac, not sure what’s up with him. He’s pulled out of AFLX. Fritsch his replacement.

Thanks Mega, did Fritsch train today or was he was off training with his AFLX squad?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Thanks Mega, did Fritsch train today or was he was off training with his AFLX squad?

Yeah he was there. From the couple of passages of play I saw of him he looked as clean and composed as ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I'm shocked McDonald nominated for AFLX to begin with considering his toe issues.

Completely astounded as to why Tmac had to put his hand up for this Marvel character based crap.

Going to do know one, no favours at all.

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

'''''

''''''''

Mentioned in today's Age that Neitscke did his ACL last Friday and will miss 12 months.

• Shocked 1