Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Pert's Plan to Make the Dees an AFL Power

Demonland

4 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Saints.  Kangas. Bulldogs.  Demons. 

We are in the mid 40s and cannot compete with Pies, Tigers, Hawks, Bombers.  

We should set 50,000 plus as the 2020 target.  

This is why we need Our Home base.  supporter growth and member numbers for our future existence.

ec5724a28e5bff305a47e7fe60865a82.gif

And this above Is Why We have to build at the Richmond station...

Compare the Railway Stations, and Urban area serviced by the Jolimont Rail line.

Then compare all the Richmond Line stations, and Branch lines, and the Urban areas serviced by the Richmond lines... anyone can see the growth potential is far greater, IF Our Home Base is built alongside the Richmond Station.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, dees189227 said:

See everyone just assumes if you are an mcc member then you have it all. I work at at job where I only get $22 an hour, I don't live in a fancy suburb, drive a range rover, have a beach house or ski. So don't put us all into the doctor, lawyer toorak living area bracket   I have been an MCC member for over 20 years. I didn't go on the list when I was a kid because im a melbourne supporter. I went on because of family and now I use it over summer for the cricket, including boxing day the big bash and international 20/20s. I wouldn't ditch it ever because I use it and get value out of it. I don't apologise for having an mcc membership. Me contributing $87 each year is better than those who don't re-sign or don't join up but still go. 

I also go to every melbourne game there and yes I usually to the grand finals. But I pay for an MFC/MCC membership every year. A couple of years ago it was $60 and you got a scarf and all the sticker and that. You also got free entry into an etihad home game. 

Now it has gone up to $87. I have signed up again because it adds to the membership total and it makes a donation to the club. 

I agree during the finals when the members was packed I saw many supporters with scarves on from 2015 and beyond. You can tell the ones who have jumped back on. Hopefully with the success last year more and more will sign up. 

Let my membership slip out of my hands after waiting 20 years, in those days. Got posted interstate and stayed there a while, then moved OS for several years, so the city of Melbourne was no longer home. Wish I still retained my MCC membership - biggest mistake of a lifetime, almost.

15 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Saints.  Kangas. Bulldogs.  Demons. 

We are in the mid 40s and cannot compete with Pies, Tigers, Hawks, Bombers.  

We should set 50,000 plus as the 2020 target.  

Putting us with those three is just silly. We didn't make finals for a decade, fielded one of the worst teams of all time during a part of that period,  and yet still managed more or thereabouts in terms of members than the Saints Bulldogs and North, all of whom had many years of success in that period, including one flag, Prelims and Grand Finals. Can you honestly see either of the Bulldogs or North ever pulling 90k for an Elim final, regardless of opponent? Maybe the Saints, but those teams have peaked and growth won't be anywhere near as sudden. 

We have, what, 20k identified Melbourne supporters in the MCC that aren't Melbourne members. That's 20k people with high purchase intent. What club can claim to that sort of engagement level and purchase intent with non-members?

50k should be 2019 target, with 55k-60k in 2020. It's completely reasonable given the space for growth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I gather Posts can’t be deleted off the board, as i have been trying to find a delete function for about 10 minutes!!

there isn’t one!!

The only thing you can do is remove all the type. Go figure!

10 minutes ago, dieter said:

Always liked Pert. My brother is/was a Fitzroy man, I went to many games with him.

I've just watched his speech and I like him even more.

I like the future of this club, it's in good hands.

We have all been burnt before, but i think Pert will do a serious job at Melbourne, just as Peter Jackson did. They both know how to run a big company, strengthen it...

• Like 1

On the issue of MFC/MCC memberships, I have often wondered why the MCC don’t do a better deal for us. For example, my wife is not an MCC member but buys an MFC membership but elects to buy a MCC guest ticket every week. I’d love to see the MCC introduce a permanent MFC supporter guest pass that gave access to MFC games and access to the MCC reserve. The problem is , Eddie would get his knickers in a bunch and stop it. The MFC is a sporting section of the MCC though. It should be a non-issue. Obviously these memberships would not give access to category A games like QB or anzac eve, but could be a huge revenue raiser for MFC and MCC. 

I remember talking to Jimmy Stynes at a Youth Summit when he first took over as Pres. he and Schwabb has identified that the separation of supporters was a key problem. I understand tht not all MFC supporters want to sit in the MCC, but a large majority do or have friends sitting in the Reserve who they’d like to sit with. Back in the 80s and MFC membership allowed you to sit in the MCC section. When that was taken away, our supporter groups were divided. 

So set up a 600 dollar MFC/MCC membership tht gives MFC fans access to the reserve for non Category A games. At least it adds money to both club’s pockets and might prompt some to take up MFC membership. Especially those with kids under 16 who aren’t MCC members yet and pay guest pass fees weekly.