• Latest Podcast: JLT 02 Brisbane

KC from Casey

Casey Demons: 2019

Local journalist Paul Amy reporting that the Casey Demons have made their first signing for 2019 - Wodonga Raiders midfielder Tom McCaffrey, originally from Manly Warringah Giants. He has played for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL and has also topped up for the Sydney Swans reserves.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Local journalist Paul Amy reporting that the Casey Demons have made their first signing for 2019 - Wodonga Raiders midfielder Tom McCaffrey, originally from Manly Warringah Giants. He has played for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL and has also topped up for the Sydney Swans reserves.

You are a valuable resource for this site. Thanks for your work mate.

Might be a struggle for the Dee 2's next season after so many regulars got the axe. Would be wonderful for our growth in the area if we could bring home a flag for the Cranbourne area.

Best of luck to the new boy. Go hard Tom.

• Like 5

Thanks again KC.

Hope the Casey have a squad that can go beyond the performance of last years.

No disrespect to last years squad which set a pretty high benchmark but improvement is demanded and needed. 

Your own contribution has always been fantastic and much appreciated

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:39 PM, Frustrated Demon said:

Let’s hope Casey can name a captain with a bit of leadership. Not sure if Hutchins was injured but he was [censored] hopeless come finals.

I've said this before, but the role of a Captain is not just about what happens on the field. I have no idea whether Hutchins is a good captain or not, but making a judgment as to the suitability of being a captain on the basis of what happened on the field, particularly in one game, is a fraught exercise.  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 12:22 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've said this before, but the role of a Captain is not just about what happens on the field. I have no idea whether Hutchins is a good captain or not, but making a judgment as to the suitability of being a captain on the basis of what happened on the field, particularly in one game, is a fraught exercise.  

Happened all finals series. He was pathetic.

All well and good to be a voice on field,  but at least back it up with actions. As a teammate i would find it very hard to listen to a bloke next year who struggled to get a single kick during the clubs most important period ( finals )

He wont be captain and based on his finals performance, hes not best 22 either.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

His final series was pathetic. The worst I have ever seen by a Captain over a full finals series, where he struggled to get a single possession in any game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

His final series was pathetic. The worst I have ever seen by a Captain over a full finals series, where he struggled to get a single possession in any game.

what happened to him do you think, red?  was he carrying an injury or something.  he's not normally that bad

On Wednesday, November 07, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Frustrated Demon said:

Let’s hope Casey can name a captain with a bit of leadership. Not sure if Hutchins was injured but he was [censored] hopeless come finals.

Ask Bernie Vince 2 do it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, samcantstandya said:

Ask Bernie Vince 2 do it

Realistically Hutchins should retire he can only play full back and we have plenty of full backs. Vince would be the perfect captain for Casey.

• Like 1

CASEY SIDE 2019

B: LOCKHART, HUTCHINS, FRITSCH

HB: C.WAGNER, FROST, J.WAGNER

C : STRETCH, MAYNARD, BAKER

HF: KENNEDY HARRIS, KEILTY, MACHAYA

F: SCOTT, T.SMITH, GARLETT

FOLL: BRADTKE, SPARGO, VINCE

IC: J.SMITH, PETTY, MUNRO, WHITE 

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, daisycutter said:

what happened to him do you think, red?  was he carrying an injury or something.  he's not normally that bad

Don’t know, but he didn’t touch the ball or impose his presence on the contest at all. Same for each finals game. Don’t know the reason.

13 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Realistically Hutchins should retire he can only play full back and we have plenty of full backs. Vince would be the perfect captain for Casey.

Trengove would also have been a good captain if we had delisted him from our AFL list and moved him to the Casey list rather than jettisoning Casey’s B&F to the Power! Do you think he’d come back? Love him to play a part in a Casey Demons Premiership! 

• Like 1

Enjoy a day at the VFL immensely but it is such a compromised competition on so many levels.

Personally I think it is in its death throes as we know it except that no one can come up with a better idea.

It might seem strange but I don't think the clubs want to encourage greater attendances as that would require facility  upgrades at many stadia that the providers cannot afford.

Enjoy it while we may is my suggestion especially the Burra Burgers, the Coburg craft beer and of course the Casey egg and bacon roll.

FWIW my favourite grounds are Coburg, Frankston and Williamstown with a special mention for Port.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Trengove would also have been a good captain if we had delisted him from our AFL list and moved him to the Casey list rather than jettisoning Casey’s B&F to the Power! Do you think he’d come back? Love him to play a part in a Casey Demons Premiership! 

It is most likely he did not want to stay just to play with Casey and Bernie probably won't want to do it either. There is no chance in hell that Trengove would even think about coming back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBDees said:

Trengove wasn't jettisoned to Port, why on earth would he want to stay at Casey when he had a chance to be on AFL list at Port.

Vince won't be playing at Casey. 

• Like 1

According to Paul Amy, former Casey Scorpion Luke Tynan (brother of Josh who played two games for Melbourne in 2012) has left Port Melbourne and might find his way back to Casey. 

• Like 3

Paul Amy has reported that Angus Scott is off the WAFL Club East Perth. 

I think retention of James Munro (should be skipper), Mitch White, Corey Machaya, Mitch Lewis, Jay Lockhart, Corey Stockdale, Goy Lok and James and Tom Freeman. 

Guys like Gent and Hutchins likely to head to suburban footy again. 

Add Tynan and 4-5 youngsters (including a young ruckman) and have a quality 13-14 in the squad. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I think retention of James Munro (should be skipper), Mitch White, Corey Machaya, Mitch Lewis, Jay Lockhart, Corey Stockdale, Goy Lok and James and Tom Freeman. 

Add Tynan and 4-5 youngsters (including a young ruckman) and have a quality 13-14 in the squad. 

I wish Bernie Vince was able to play for, and skipper Casey this year.

8 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

CASEY

B: HORE, FROST, PETTY

HB: HUNT, KEILTY, J.WAGNER

C : STRETCH, MAYNARD, BAKER

HF: SPARROW, J.SMITH, KENNEDY HARRIS

F: GARLETT, T.SMITH, MACHAYA

FOLL: BRADTKE, SPARGO, C.WAGNER

IC: LOCKHART, WHITE, MUNRO, TYNAN

We need a ruckman so Bradtke can play predominately forward, I don't know who to drop for him probably Tynan or Munro.

White will be skipper he was skipper when Hutchins was injured.

• Like 1

Lets face it Caseys had about the best list for the last 3 years

Seen it , believed it, so where is the problem ?

7 minutes ago, puntkick said:

Lets face it Caseys had about the best list for the last 3 years

Seen it , believed it, so where is the problem ?

We missed our entire centre line in Stretch, Maynard and Baker this year.

I think we are as good a chance as any to take it out, just need that consistent ruckman to get us over the line. It cost us the flag this year.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

So is that Bradke ?

1 minute ago, puntkick said:

So is that Bradke ?

It could be but I think the club want to play him predominately forward.