Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Sheridan

Elwood 3184

This is super creepy.... couldn't sleep and was literally about to make a thread on this guy. 

100% a yes from me. 

Outside run and ability to kick a really nice goal. Just pushed out of the side because of the Hill brothers.

1 hour ago, GCDee said:

This is super creepy.... couldn't sleep and was literally about to make a thread on this guy. 

100% a yes from me. 

Outside run and ability to kick a really nice goal. Just pushed out of the side because of the Hill brothers.

Yes, it does seem a little creepy that you couldn't sleep thinking about Tom Sheridan. The heebie -GCbees?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This is just my opinion but the bloke comes across as someone who likes the idea and accompanying ‘fame’ of being on an AFL list.

Seems like the type of character we’re trying to dispel from club culture. 

Not interested. 

Doesn't excite me. Think we have enough options on our list for midfield depth and will likely draft a few more anyway.

When it comes to a DFA, personally I think we should focus on an area we could use some cover in, which for me is either a small defender  (eg Nathan Wright or Aaron Mullett) or a tall forward  (haven't seen many options yet). So for me, I don't see Sheridan fitting a need.

Better off throwing Tommy Bugg a life raft, delisting was the making of Jetta and I reckon Tom will step up to the plate rather than Joe Bloggs at pick 91.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Would've thought ball winning was more of a concern than ball use. Seems to use it pretty well from what I've seen, good disposal efficiency, low clanger rate and career 31 goals 12 behinds.

Elite runner in his absolute physical prime. With Lewis and Jones not having long left and Pedersen, Tyson, Bugg and Vince going this year it's not a bad idea to bring in a 25 year old on to the list for some maturity either. Obviously you check if he is the right fit there but looking a bit like a pretty boy and being an outside player doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a super hard worker and good bloke.

He'll never be more than a role player but he'd give us depth on the wings if we need it.

KK and Fritsch might hold down the wings all year - maybe with Vanders and Jones rotating through - and we'd never use him.

But there's also a chance KK is better or is needed as a defender, Fritsch a flanker at one end or the other, Baker doesn't come on just yet and Stretch is only ever a depth player.

He reminds me a bit of the way Hawthorn have used Ricky Henderson - another player no one wanted - as an experienced outside runner to sit on a wing and open or close space as needed and use the ball safely and reliably.

I wouldn't be in a rush to sign him but if we don't pick an outside runner with any of our likely 4-5 national draft picks then I'd consider him with one of the remaining 2-3 list spots.

• Like 3

Just listened to him interviewed on SEN. He was impressive. They spoke about how he played well when Freo were stronger a few years back, but had been moved around a lot recently and struggled to settle into a role. Thinks he's best suited to a wing. Without knowing any more about him sounds like he'd be worth a punt.

Edited by w00dy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sydee said:

Interesting they are cutting a midfielder after losing Neale to Brisbane - don't know much about him but could be a chance 

If we get him cheap, why not. Freo mate reckons is ok so as a depth player and Casey premiership player, all good.

could fill the void in case of injuries 

• Like 1

AS an observation, DFAs represent the 430-500th best players on AFL lists.  I base that on the fact that they must sit outside each of their team's top 24 (24 x 18 =432)

From that basis they all must have deficiencies of some sort or another making selecting any of them a bit of a lottery.  Interesting to see how many of them really work out.  There is probably a thread that could be put together just for that: Most games played at a second club by DFAs.

My mate was rapt that Norf picked up Hartung last year..nuff said

34 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

AS an observation, DFAs represent the 430-500th best players on AFL lists.  I base that on the fact that they must sit outside each of their team's top 24 (24 x 18 =432)

From that basis they all must have deficiencies of some sort or another making selecting any of them a bit of a lottery.  Interesting to see how many of them really work out.  There is probably a thread that could be put together just for that: Most games played at a second club by DFAs.

Some decent veterans there, such as Daniel Cross and James Kelly.

Simpkin got a premiership with the Hawks and Hambling for the Bullies.

Membrey was a good pick-up for the Saints, as was Robinson for Brissy and Barlow offered something for the GC.

After that... the cupboard is a bit bare...

2012:

Jonathan Simpkin 1 November 2012 Delisted Geelong Hawthorn None [22]
Tom Gillies 13 November 2012 Delisted Geelong Melbourne None [23]
Dylan Roberton 30 November 2012 Delisted Fremantle St Kilda None [24]
Nick Lower 3 December 2012 Delisted Fremantle Western Bulldogs None

2013:

Daniel Cross 1 November Delisted Western Bulldogs Melbourne [9]
Jeremy Laidler 1 November Delisted Carlton Sydney [9]
Luke McGuane 4 November Delisted Richmond Brisbane Lions [10]
Dylan Addison 7 November Delisted Western Bulldogs Greater Western Sydney [11]
Tony Armstrong 7 November Delisted Sydney Collingwood [11]
Robin Nahas 8 November Delisted Richmond North Melbourne [11]
Aidan Riley 11 November Delisted Adelaide Melbourne [12]
Tom Derickx 18 November Delisted Richmond Sydney [13]

2014:

Taylor Hunt 2 November 2014 Delisted Geelong Richmond None [11][12]
Tim Membrey 5 November 2014 Delisted Sydney St Kilda None [13]
Joel Hamling 2 November 2014 Delisted Geelong Western Bulldogs None [14]
Sam Blease 3 November 2014 Delisted Melbourne Geelong None [15]
Mitch Robinson 3 November 2014 Delisted Carlton Brisbane Lions None [16]
Ben Newton 5 November 2014 Delisted Port Adelaide Melbourne None [17]
Matthew [censored] 5 November 2014 Delisted Sydney Carlton None [18]

2015:

Andrew Moore 6 November 2015 Delisted Port Adelaide Richmond None [8]
Jarrad Grant 6 November 2015 Delisted Western Bulldogs Gold Coast None [9]
Daniel Gorringe 9 November 2015 Delisted Gold Coast Carlton None [10]
Matthew Wright 26 November 2015 Delisted Adelaide Carlton None [11]

2016:

James Kelly 4 November 2016 Delisted Essendon Essendon N/A [52]
Matt Dea 4 November 2016 Delisted Essendon Essendon N/A [52]
Michael Barlow 8 November 2016 Delisted Fremantle Gold Coast N/A [53]
Ricky Henderson 8 November 2016 Delisted Adelaide Hawthorn N/A [54]
Josh Green 15 November 2016 Delisted Brisbane Lions Essendon N/A [55]

2017:

Alex Morgan 1 November 2017 Delisted Essendon North Melbourne N/A [46]
Aaron Mullett 1 November 2017 Delisted North Melbourne Carlton N/A [47]
Lachlan Keeffe 2 November 2017 Delisted Collingwood Greater Western Sydney N/A [48]
Trent McKenzie 2 November 2017 Delisted Gold Coast Port Adelaide N/A [49]
Jack Trengove 3 November 2017 Delisted Melbourne Port Adelaide N/A [50]

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Some decent veterans there, such as Daniel Cross and James Kelly.

Simpkin got a premiership with the Hawks and Hambling for the Bullies.

Membrey was a good pick-up for the Saints, as was Robinson for Brissy and Barlow offered something for the GC.

After that... the cupboard is a bit bare...

2012:

Jonathan Simpkin 1 November 2012 Delisted Geelong Hawthorn None [22]
Tom Gillies 13 November 2012 Delisted Geelong Melbourne None [23]
Dylan Roberton 30 November 2012 Delisted Fremantle St Kilda None [24]
Nick Lower 3 December 2012 Delisted Fremantle Western Bulldogs None

2013:

Daniel Cross 1 November Delisted Western Bulldogs Melbourne [9]
Jeremy Laidler 1 November Delisted Carlton Sydney [9]
Luke McGuane 4 November Delisted Richmond Brisbane Lions [10]
Dylan Addison 7 November Delisted Western Bulldogs Greater Western Sydney [11]
Tony Armstrong 7 November Delisted Sydney Collingwood [11]
Robin Nahas 8 November Delisted Richmond North Melbourne [11]
Aidan Riley 11 November Delisted Adelaide Melbourne [12]
Tom Derickx 18 November Delisted Richmond Sydney [13]

2014:

Taylor Hunt 2 November 2014 Delisted Geelong Richmond None [11][12]
Tim Membrey 5 November 2014 Delisted Sydney St Kilda None [13]
Joel Hamling 2 November 2014 Delisted Geelong Western Bulldogs None [14]
Sam Blease 3 November 2014 Delisted Melbourne Geelong None [15]
Mitch Robinson 3 November 2014 Delisted Carlton Brisbane Lions None [16]
Ben Newton 5 November 2014 Delisted Port Adelaide Melbourne None [17]

2015:

Andrew Moore 6 November 2015 Delisted Port Adelaide Richmond None [8]
Jarrad Grant 6 November 2015 Delisted Western Bulldogs Gold Coast None [9]
Daniel Gorringe 9 November 2015 Delisted Gold Coast Carlton None [10]
Matthew Wright 26 November 2015 Delisted Adelaide Carlton None [11]

2016:

James Kelly 4 November 2016 Delisted Essendon Essendon N/A [52]
Matt Dea 4 November 2016 Delisted Essendon Essendon N/A [52]
Michael Barlow 8 November 2016 Delisted Fremantle Gold Coast N/A [53]
Ricky Henderson 8 November 2016 Delisted Adelaide Hawthorn N/A [54]
Josh Green 15 November 2016 Delisted Brisbane Lions Essendon N/A [55]

2017:

Alex Morgan 1 November 2017 Delisted Essendon North Melbourne N/A [46]
Aaron Mullett 1 November 2017 Delisted North Melbourne Carlton N/A [47]
Lachlan Keeffe 2 November 2017 Delisted Collingwood Greater Western Sydney N/A [48]
Trent McKenzie 2 November 2017 Delisted Gold Coast Port Adelaide N/A [49]
Jack Trengove 3 November 2017 Delisted Melbourne Port Adelaide N/A [50]

Nice work TPF39, thanks!!

1 hour ago, Salems Lot said:

I don't agree. What if you have 4 really good ruckmen or the 6th best inside midfielder they could be surplus in one side or top five in another side with deficiencies in that area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

2014:

Matthew [censored] was a [censored] player

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

I don't agree. What if you have 4 really good ruckmen or the 6th best inside midfielder they could be surplus in one side or top five in another side with deficiencies in that area. 

Yes, you make a great point MD but the thing that is interesting at this time of year is that we are looking at 80 of the top young players in the ND but also the largely also rans with DFAs (with some exceptions no doubt)

Interesting, there are some names there like Membrey and Roberton who would've been traded but the deals didn't really work so the clubs let them walk as delisted players. Same for some of the veterans for which delisted is a little harsh.

Good teams in the Hawks and Swans have found value with Simpkin, Laidler and Henderson.

We just have to find the right guy if there's one out there for us.

• Like 2