• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

deefella

Daniel Menzel

On 10/21/2018 at 11:30 PM, WERRIDEE said:

I'd rather go for Hartung and Oxley.

Oxley isn't best 22 for Collingwood, so we don't need to recruit him to avoid a repeat of the 2013 QB :laugh:

Edited by John Demonic
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, Dee Zephyr said:

Hartung no and I’d prefer Jake Neade over Menzel. Didn’t really ignite at Port but maybe we can work some magic with him.

"Was delisted by Port Adelaide on Monday, despite being one of the best pressure forwards in the league. He’s managed just 15 games from the past two seasons, but his record of 55 goals from 66 games stacks up well. Neade impressed in the SANFL in 2018 with his ball-winning ability (17 disposals per outing) and pressure (six tackles). At 24, Neade has age on his side as well."

Sounds interesting, i wonder why he's rarely been suggested on this forum though?

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 5:27 AM, John Demonic said:

"Was delisted by Port Adelaide on Monday, despite being one of the best pressure forwards in the league. He’s managed just 15 games from the past two seasons, but his record of 55 goals from 66 games stacks up well. Neade impressed in the SANFL in 2018 with his ball-winning ability (17 disposals per outing) and pressure (six tackles). At 24, Neade has age on his side as well."

Sounds interesting, i wonder why he's rarely been suggested on this forum though?

Seems an upgrade on JKH to me. Not a racist comparison. Just we went for versatility for a while at the expense of genuine forward crumbers. What I've seen of Jake he can perform this role and apply forward pressure as well. 

We would go from having a surplus of Jacks to having a surplus of Jakes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Seems an upgrade on JKH to me. Not a racist comparison. Just we went for versatility for a while at the expense of genuine forward crumbers. What I've seen of Jake he can perform this role and apply forward pressure as well. 

Is anyone on top of the situation? Why was he delisted? Any personal issues? He's not lazy if he's a good pressure player. Perhaps a delisting because of a plan to get Rankine?

Edited by John Demonic

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

Is anyone on top of the situation? Why was he delisted? Any personal issues? He's not lazy if he's a good pressure player. Perhaps a delisting because of a plan to get Rankine?

Not sure, looking at all the delisted players most or nearly all are ‘meh’ whereas Neade raised an eyebrow. From what I have seen of him he looked ready to explode in some games, he’s an ‘almost there’ type of player imo. 

At 24 you would think Port might have kept him when you look at some the players getting close to or above 30. Then again you might be onto something with the draft, they have 3 picks in the top 15 to target certain needs.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Until he had his groin injury he was the most dangerous small forward in the competition.

Nuh. 

Menzel. No way. I would consider Townsend for depth though.

• Like 1

Now that it's official I'd probably be happy enough to take a punt on him.

No chance. If Jeffy can't get a game in the seniors, Menzel has zero chance of getting a game.

• Like 1

If he defended like he attacked, he would be a 2-first-round-pick trade candidate.

But he doesn't, so he isn't.

Pass.

9 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Menzel no. 

Murdoch yes.  Comes for free. Real pace. More goalkickers. Replaces Kent for nothing.  

On the injured list???

Murdoch is no good, can run fast but has no idea about footy.

Better off with Usain Bolt as a cat B rookie, I hear he's looking for a gig.

Edited by rjay

Jahusses H Christ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

21 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Jahusses H Christ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So that's a no Picket? Just so we're clear.

23 minutes ago, picket fence said:

So maybe then?

16 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

So that's a no Picket? Just so we're clear.

Only 2 exclamation marks.

Picket cant decide how he really feels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Only 2 exclamation marks.

Picket cant decide how he really feels.

😄

• Like 1

Menzel is a very smart medium forward who can really hurt teams on the scoreboard, he will get a gig somewhere, that said, not with us.

He doesn’t fit with our game style, so would be staggered if we were to recruit him.

Neade in the other hand, may be worth considering, but I haven’t seen him enough to have an informed opinion 

• Like 1

Get Menzel and make him a Alan Parsons Project. There is no argument the bloke can play and if comes free and we are scratching around for spots to fill, who knows, maybe we can teach him to defend vigorously. Otherwise he and Garlett can kick goals together with the wind at Casey. 

PS By Alan Parsons I mean Brendan McCartney

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

Get Menzel and make him a Alan Parsons Project. There is no argument the bloke can play and if comes free and we are scratching around for spots to fill, who knows, maybe we can teach him to defend vigorously. Otherwise he and Garlett can kick goals together with the wind at Casey. 

PS By Alan Parsons I mean Brendan McCartney

We can’t make him defend, no-one can