• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

And yet they overlook the best of all - Nat Fyfe.

No.2 on the list 'Pro'...

They had him in.

1 minute ago, rjay said:

They had him in.

I'm clearly going mad.

But so are they if they think Stevie J should be ahead of him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

They had him in.

I just had another look.  Tom Mitchell is 2.

Either I'm really going mad, or you are.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, WERRIDEE said:

Bedford as expected has his bid matched after 28 and before 54.

Does anyone know what happens if we have to match a bid that falls in this range. Obviously if its a pick before 54, 54 alone won't be enough to match the bid so we'd have to give up at least 61 as well which means we'd be down to 3 picks for the draft. We've got 91 but picks have no value after I think it's 74.  So we might have to go into deficit and use a later pick from next year. I guess we'd have to use 91 on a player at that point. Probably upgrade T Smith. Maybe that's why they didn't upgrade him before they might wait and see what the bid is and whether we have to use 91 to fill the list. 

10 minutes ago, It's Time said:

Does anyone know what happens if we have to match a bid that falls in this range. Obviously if its a pick before 54, 54 alone won't be enough to match the bid so we'd have to give up at least 61 as well which means we'd be down to 3 picks for the draft. We've got 91 but picks have no value after I think it's 74.  So we might have to go into deficit and use a later pick from next year. I guess we'd have to use 91 on a player at that point. Probably upgrade T Smith. Maybe that's why they didn't upgrade him before they might wait and see what the bid is and whether we have to use 91 to fill the list. 

After the first round I believe the discount becomes 197 draft points

In the first round, a maximum discount of 20% will be applied
• The discount will then be fixed at 197 points (the discount for pick 18)

So pick 54 can match any pick up to 41 straight up.

Adding in pick 61 allows up to match any pick up until 34.

Sydney have 26, 33, 38, 39, 40 most of which will be swallowed up by 1 player.

North have 42, 47, 48, 49 and 58 most of which will be used on 2 players.

Collingwood have 41, 44, 57, 59 and 60 to use on 2 players.

Pick 54 and 62 will likely end up as something like pick 48 and 53. When added to a discount that's enough to match pick 26

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

If anyone tries to nominate Bedford in the 20s, they are joking.  He is good but lots more development needed.  Needs to get the footy more.  10 touches a game is not enough at TAC level to warrant.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

There is absolutely nothing to fear about drafting players with picks in the 20s.

Top AFL Players Drafted In The 20s (RANKED)

MFC is conspicuous by its absence from this list! 🙁

A future, tripartite, carrot-top fright machine for the Dees could be taking form:

Clarry - so close to the best there is;

Ginger Ninja Baker - speed machine flanker with smarts; and

Bailey Williams - talents still just underdeveloped but already very obvious as ruck, outside mid, KPF.

So let's complete the trio in the draft .... GET WILLIAMS!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 7:42 AM, Dr.D said:

you guys can thank me later  :)

... just thought I'd thankyou now. 

But, where will he go ?

19 minutes ago, DV8 said:

... just thought I'd thankyou now. 

But, where will he go ?

Will likely receive a bid anywhere from 30 onwards, which we would then match. We wouldn't match a bid higher than that and will use both our picks in the 20s to draft others. While Bedford has some good qualities, he doesn't have great output. Across 4 matches in the champs, he averaged 12 touches a game and didn't register a single score whilst playing as a small forward. The potential is there though, so I think he'd be a good addition to the list with a late pick. Definitely better than say Dion Johnstone. If he can build his tank to get to more contests he could have more impact, as he is competitive, loves to tackle and uses his agility to work through traffic well. Will need to start hitting the scoreboard though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Will likely receive a bid anywhere from 30 onwards, which we would then match. We wouldn't match a bid higher than that and will use both our picks in the 20s to draft others. While Bedford has some good qualities, he doesn't have great output. Across 4 matches in the champs, he averaged 12 touches a game and didn't register a single score whilst playing as a small forward. The potential is there though, so I think he'd be a good addition to the list with a late pick. Definitely better than say Dion Johnstone. If he can build his tank to get to more contests he could have more impact, as he is competitive, loves to tackle and uses his agility to work through traffic well. Will need to start hitting the scoreboard though.

That's what I liked, from the video.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 2

Wonder if Frank Anderson will be pick 91 or a rookie pick?

38 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Wonder if Frank Anderson will be pick 91 or a rookie pick?

Yes he impressed at the combine. Connected to Petracca and Weideman through Marcellin College schoolboy footy.  I would think he is still a punt but you never know. At 91 or 80-84 as we end up, it’s a dartboard pick at best. He will likely play VFL next year (Box Hill most probably) if not drafted. 

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes he impressed at the combine. Connected to Petracca and Weideman through Marcellin College schoolboy footy.  I would think he is still a punt but you never know. At 91 or 80-84 as we end up, it’s a dartboard pick at best. He will likely play VFL next year (Box Hill most probably) if not drafted. 

Huh?

Trac and Weid went to Whitefriars College. Or are they in same comp as Marcellin?

Edit. Whitefriars are not in AGSV but in VAFA. Different teams, though.

Edited by Moonshadow

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Huh?

Trac and Weid went to Whitefriars College. Or are they in same comp as Marcellin?

Edit. Whitefriars are not in AGSV but in VAFA. Different teams, though.

He meant Whitefriars for Anderson as well. 

At school level Whitefriars are in the ACC, where as Marcellin are the in AGSV.

At old collegians level both have teams in the VAFA.