• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
jayceebee31

The Tom Campbell Thread

Tom played ruck and forward for Bulldogs-  VFL this year , knows Hannan real well.Had over 70 hit outs one game followed by 60 next game with 6 contested marks.Kicks like a mule - these new rule changes will suit him down to the ground.Had several injuries but fully on top of them now.Looks like being delisted - great pick up in my opinion.Have recommended him to recruitment.Known to Chris Connolly .To me a great pick up if can pass medical.Better than Preuss in my opinion.More experienced, better ruckman whom can go forward and kick goals.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Tom played ruck and forward for Bulldogs-  VFL this year , knows Hannan real well.Had over 70 hit outs one game followed by 60 next game with 6 contested marks.Kicks like a mule - these new rule changes will suit him down to the ground.Had several injuries but fully on top of them now.Looks like being delisted - great pick up in my opinion.Have recommended him to recruitment.Known to Chris Connolly .To me a great pick up if can pass medical.Better than Preuss in my opinion.More experienced, better ruckman whom can go forward and kick goals.

Very happy as another back up to awn & Preuss for next season and a solid optino for our VFL team.

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Rookie list at best

I think we will rookie another experienced ruck and he could be the one.

If Max or Preuss go down, there is no back up, as Bradtke will be too immature.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Having let go of two ruckman, the inclusion of Preuss and one other restores the balance. Bradtke can then be developed without undue haste.

• Like 2

Thanks for the post Tom. Welcome to Demonland. 

We should be having a good look through the state and local leagues/delisted players for a young 198cm+ forward with ruck stop gap potential or a ruck with upside. 21-24 year old range. Someone like when the Bombers added Shaun McKernan. Or really just a younger, taller, more agile Cam Pedersen.

Adding a player of Campbell's age would just clog up the list and Casey.

• Like 1

"bulldogs wants to join us" 

The thread titles around here need to lift. 

Seriously. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think we will rookie another experienced ruck and he could be the one.

If Max or Preuss go down, there is no back up, as Bradtke will be too immature.

If Max goes down, and Pruess goes down, and the rookie goes down, then we wont have a ruck. Best recruit a backup for the backup for the backup, and grab an extra backup just in case. Basically we need 8-10 fully functioning rucks on our list. 

• Haha 6

Pass

thanks for the change in thread title - was it originally Tom's mum that wrote it?

I say we keep this thread and it's wacky title. 

The name name thread format is boring.

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Thanks for the post Tom. Welcome to Demonland. 

We should be having a good look through the state and local leagues/delisted players for a young 198cm+ forward with ruck stop gap potential or a ruck with upside. 21-24 year old range. Someone like when the Bombers added Shaun McKernan. Or really just a younger, taller, more agile Cam Pedersen.

Adding a player of Campbell's age would just clog up the list and Casey.

Note he is only 26- right age ....had many tissue issues but body right now.I hear Gawn has pumped his tyres up well.When I see him next, I will call him Chunky Soup.

35 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Although we gained Preuss, Campbell could b e a great back up to the list. 

Going of the previous thread title, How do you know he wants to join Melbourne ?

Edited by DavidNeitz9

15 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

Going of the previous thread title, How do you know he wants to join Melbourne ?

He is my neighbour

15 minutes ago, DavidNeitz9 said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, layzie said:

Nah I’m out. Would rather go for a kid. 

That’s the problem, we have gone for kids and they have failed...need mature bodies for this role.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, layzie said:

Like the next Mitch King and Lachie Filipovic?

Got it..

4 hours ago, layzie said:

We did. Austin Bradtke. 

The Dogs though enough of this bloke at one time to name him captain in pre-season games. How the mighty have fallen.