• Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview

Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

2018 Player Reviews: # 13 Clayton Oliver

CLARRIE  

The 21-year-old Oliver finished second in the Keith ‘Bluey’ Truscott Memorial Trophy and though that was one rung below his 2017 placing, Oliver was no less prolific amassing 734 disposals (with a season high 40 in the Round 18 loss to Geelong) and also earning the number one ranking in the AFL for contested possessions (405). Oliver also received All Australian honours for the first time. It’s hard to believe that the youngster has played only 60 games.  

Date of Birth: 22 July, 1997  

Height: 187cm  

Weight: 83kg  

Games MFC 2018: 25   

Career Total: 60  

Goals MFC 2018: 12  

Career Total: 22  

Votes 2018 Keith 'Bluey' Truscott Memorial Trophy: 595 votes (Runner up) 

• Love 1

It is amazing to have such an accomplished young man an elite in the game he plays. When he gets the ball you excpect him to do something special. He is the future of our great club.

When I first saw Jordie McKenzie in a pre season game the bummers I thought we had found the player Clarry has since become. This new #13 is really one out of the box! I just hope we can afford to keep him!!!

Goes very very well but his 2017 was better. Hope the shoulder surgeries bring back that superhuman hand balling ability rather than the simply elite handballing ability we were forced to endure this year.

2 fantastic seasons in a row now will only get better when his shoulders are sorted out.