Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Wiseblood

Farewell Dom Tyson

Recommended Posts

Done. Welcome Braydon and goodbye Dom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You need to retrain how your brain works. 

Tyson is purely an inside mid.  He's behind Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, and Harmes, which is why he was pushed out to a wing.  If we had a decent outside runner he wouldn't have been playing finals.  Kolodjashnij will make life even tougher next year. 

If Gawn goes down we're cactus.  Being able to secure a young ruck entering his prime years is a massive coup.  We couldn't get better insurance. 

Many struggle with the concept of "win win" and think there has to be a loser.  I know it's a hard concept.  My son was 8 before he got it.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onya Dom. Was an important part of the rebuild, and is pretty unlucky that we managed to build an even stronger midfield underneath him. Hopefully he can be a starting inside mid at North.

Finally, some AFL quality Gawn insurance. I think many underestimate the value of this. Preuss won’t be intending to play for Casey though, he’ll want to demonstrate that he can support Gawn in the Melbourne side (or maybe even attempt to pass him if he’s ambitious enough). Really looking forward to seeing how he gets used.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your service Dom. Never thought we’d have a ‘Braydon’ playing for us but here we are. Welcome. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dom. Good luck at Arden.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Many struggle with the concept of "win win" and think there has to be a loser.  I know it's a hard concept.  My son was 8 before he got it.

Worthwhile and timely quote for this thread BB.  Many confuse application of  testosterone as part of getting a deal done and don't understand why they never seem get what they need. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your contribution to the MFC Dom, provided us with some good service for a few years.  I really value the contribution of these players that joined us when we were a very ordanary side, battled their hearts out, helped us to improve and have victories along the way, without which, I don't think the side would be what it now is.

Was very glad the Dom got the opertunity to be part of our late season sucess and share in some of the joy after the lack of sucess during his first few years.

 

All the best for the future Dom.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Dom for coming to us when we were a garbage basket case and helping lift our midfield from VFL to AFL level. 

Wishing him all the best. I reckon he will be very good for North, which is upsetting as I hate North and don't want to see them improve.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Thank you Dom for coming to us when we were a garbage basket case and helping lift our midfield from VFL to AFL level. 

Wishing him all the best. I reckon he will be very good for North, which is upsetting as I hate North and don't want to see them improve.

 

Yes good luck Dom and thanks for your efforts for the Dees.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks dom for your work. got caught holding the ball too many times for my liking but was really important to us when we were a basket case. he helped get us off the canvas and i thank him for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North’s list manager blinked first, according to their fans on BigFooty 🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nasher said:

North’s list manager blinked first, according to their fans on BigFooty 🙄

I love a trade where both supporter groups get to [censored] and moan haha

It's a classic win win trade. And we now have two picks in the 60s which we can use to upgrade a rookie or take a punt on a mature age recruit. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jaded said:

I love a trade where both supporter groups get to [censored] and moan haha

It's a classic win win trade. And we now have two picks in the 60s which we can use to upgrade a rookie or take a punt on a mature age recruit. 

It’s honestly crazy, isn’t it. Two teams have a surplus player in their area of strength that corresponds with the other team’s area of weakness, so they swap. This is the most obviously win-win trade I’ve seen in a while. Preuss and Tyson would be playing against each other in the VFL next year if it weren’t for this.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Thanks for your contribution to the MFC Dom, provided us with some good service for a few years.  I really value the contribution of these players that joined us when we were a very ordanary side, battled their hearts out, helped us to improve and have victories along the way, without which, I don't think the side would be what it now is.

Was very glad the Dom got the opertunity to be part of our late season sucess and share in some of the joy after the lack of sucess during his first few years.

 

All the best for the future Dom.

Great post. 

Thanks for the loyal service Dom. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long did Tyson sign for? Have read a few articles and can’t see the contract length. Thought TR may have said. TIA.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always a big fan of Dom.  Was a shining light when we were down and out and offered us hope I’m Roos’ early days. Was often amongst our better players when the heat was on, but as other have said, sadly our midfield depth has seen him lose his spot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dom.  Echo others appreciation for joining us when we needed you.  Good luck at North.

 

 

As an aside, with Dom and Bernie going our eye candy stocks are quite low...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dom. Wasnt your biggest fan, but you came to us when we were a basket case and put in each week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard worker, good cultural guy, helped dig us out of the hole but at least at Melbourne his body couldn't find any burst speed around the packs so other mids who had it went passed him and that's clearly an issue on the outside as well. North are pretty well stocked for mids as well so I'm expecting they plan on maybe getting a number of games out of him next year then using him as depth on a cheap contract for 2020/2021. 

They'll be times where I miss his clean and at times creative hands around the ball, plus his willingness to run for the outside ball, but there's other things I'm sure we all won't miss.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an all round win.  We get the backup for Max which we desperately needed*, North get to bolster their midfield stocks, Dom leaves on good terms with our Club, and he probably gets to play at the top level, in a position where he can have his best impact.  If only all trades were like that!   And good luck to Dom.  He served us very well in a time of need, and he should be proud of his time at Melbourne.

Further:

  • who knows what gem Jason Taylor will be able to snag from obscurity with a pick in the 60s;
  • * I think the impact that Braydon Preuss will have will go well beyond being a back-up to Max.  I reckon he will surprise quite a few!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×