Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



DemonLad5

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KADE KOLODJASHNIJ

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jones said:

Could Hunt come into play here?

We can't get rid of everyone and I hope Hunt stays.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SFebes said:

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.”

Just measure that against some of the names I've mentioned. Not many have rose and shined, as they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if KK could be part of a May deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

There have been some success stories as well, dieter.  I see your point, but we have a few of the success stories in our side right now, not to mention others over the years (Jeff White is one that instantly comes to mind to go with some others you mentioned).

But, I see your point, and most of our sides since the late 80s have become moderately successful off the back of shrewd recruiting and development.

What sets Kolo apart from those your mentioned in the first sentence is that he was a much higher draft pick who has shown he can play at AFL level.  Michie, Sellar, Rodan (at the tail end of his career) were not those types.

If the price is right then someone like Kolo, who can play half back, has good skills and pace and has lots of footy left in front of him, is worth the gamble.

Yes, forgot about the mighty Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jibroni said:

Melksham, Pederson, Hibberd and even Frost have worked out pretty well?

I understand your point but perhaps look at each individual in isolation and not the collective. 

 

Agree, forgot to mention those true and mighty Demons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worth about a second round...in points

if we're flagging this far out that we're keen we'll get it done, and gc17 will bank the points / use whatever we trade them for spare change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rjay said:

Can play...he was really good early in his career.

Half back or wing with a bit of class.

Forget about the Kelly's of this world, this is exactly the type of trading we need to do.

Can't we do both? 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redleg said:

I wonder if KK could be part of a May deal.

 

I’d assume it’s the only way he comes. Long been a fan, although I’d question his hardness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

He will cost more than a 3rd I suggest. Former 5 pick with 78 games to his name and slowed by injury. I wonder if Tyson could work? 

Not so sure. Been told by Gold Coast to explore his options.

Raking left foot kicks are always welcome! Maybe part of the answer to our outside woes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, faultydet said:

Griggitch

Gergitch

Brent.

They always pronounced Illja Grgic “Griggitch” but Brent “Gergitch” - I could never work out if they were actually meant to be pronounced differently or if dumb commentators were dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Nasher said:

They always pronounced Illja Grgic “Griggitch” but Brent “Gergitch” - I could never work out if they were actually meant to be pronounced differently or if dumb commentators were dumb.

The commentators are generally dumb, thats a given, but the players may have simply had different interpretations of the pronunciation.

I've seen some beauties over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Not so sure. Been told by Gold Coast to explore his options.

Raking left foot kicks are always welcome! Maybe part of the answer to our outside woes.

A 3rd will probably do it.

There's the trap of many always referencing that draft # . Means nothing after they're on a list. 

Only as good as last season/ last game etc.

He must be seen as a bit of a punt/project. If he comes good and improves and garners consistency. Bargain.

If not...no biggee . I thought at the time ( years back ) he had a bit of verve. Maybe club wants to tap into that.

A roll of the dice. 

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes yes yes to KK. (KK easier than Kolidhjjhfhdashji)

he is skilled with excellent left foot delivery plus length 

physically ready to go 

the concussion issues are the point to discuss but I am confident MFC can help this be put behind him

a risk but is exactly the player we need

should be a pick 30-50 draft pick exchange.

Kent’s Stkilda trade pick probably gets it done

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes yes yes to KK. (KK easier than Kolidhjjhfhdashji)

Its pronounced collar jazz knee

Edited by johndemonic
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johndemonic said:

Its pronounced collar jazz knee

We are a Smith, Jones, Brown, Green kinda club. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, faultydet said:

The commentators are generally dumb, thats a given, but the players may have simply had different interpretations of the pronunciation.

I've seen some beauties over the years.

Bruce was calling Salem "SARLEM" in the finals.

  • Like 5
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Bruce was calling Salem "SARLEM" in the finals.

Hasnt Bruce ever watched Days of Our Lives! Jeez! 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Hasnt Bruce ever watched Days of Our Lives! Jeez! 🤣

Yes he has, it is one of his SPECIAL favourites.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he comes to Melbourne let's hope he's not just another high draft pick that doesn't quite make it despite changing clubs. Jono O'Rourke, Gysberts, Toumpas, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

If he comes to Melbourne let's hope he's not just another high draft pick that doesn't quite make it despite changing clubs. Jono O'Rourke, Gysberts, Toumpas, etc

Good point

His numbers are similar to Morton

Two fat ladies - pick 88 - should get it done?

Edited by whatwhatsaywhat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do yourselves a favour. Have a look on YouTube at his work this year. 

Then look at Footywire and compare to Salem. 

The boy has serious talent which has been shadowed because of the concussion injuries. Us of all supporters should know what happens to quality players when this happens. Exactly what has happened to Kade. It might cost us a second rounder, but it is a great way to spend a second rounder. Allows us to move Salem further up the ground and use Kade's kicking skills in the back half. 

2 x 22 under 22 team of the year
5th in his NAB rising star (behind Taylor and the Bont) 
2015 he was the runner up in the GC Best and Fairest 

We are not talking about a player who has no runs on the board. This is a player who hasn't wanted to be at the GC this year, who is dealing with concussion issues, and just wants to get back to playing his best football. An absolute no brainer to me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KK has amazing talent. Is a great kick and actually has speed and reads the play well.

He is an outside mid played in the wrong position at half back. Similar to Melksham at Essendon. Do rate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

Do yourselves a favour. Have a look on YouTube at his work this year. 

Then look at Footywire and compare to Salem. 

The boy has serious talent which has been shadowed because of the concussion injuries. Us of all supporters should know what happens to quality players when this happens. Exactly what has happened to Kade. It might cost us a second rounder, but it is a great way to spend a second rounder. Allows us to move Salem further up the ground and use Kade's kicking skills in the back half. 

2 x 22 under 22 team of the year
5th in his NAB rising star (behind Taylor and the Bont) 
2015 he was the runner up in the GC Best and Fairest 

We are not talking about a player who has no runs on the board. This is a player who hasn't wanted to be at the GC this year, who is dealing with concussion issues, and just wants to get back to playing his best football. An absolute no brainer to me. 

All that is true why are GCS happy to let him go? 

They need as much experience/talent as they can get.  If they aren't offering him a contract he will be delisted and he can anywhere he likes with no pick back of any sort. 

It doesn't compute...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×