• Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview

DemonLad5

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KADE KOLODJASHNIJ

8 hours ago, ProDee said:

He's 190cm and they see him as a wing/half-back runner with his accurate left foot.  Mahoney said this morning he'll become part of the midfield rotation.

He has never struck me as an in-and-under type who can go through the midfield. Looks a near ideal winger to me, based on admittedly limited watching. 

I would prefer him as an outside runner (With a good kick) as it seems to be one of our greatest needs atm. Do you think he is up to sharing the load with our hard-nut mids? 

(nvm just saw your earlier post) Wing/HB it is. Sweet 

Edited by ding
Question already answered

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

Mahoney on Kolodjashnij:

“We are confident his concussion issues are over and we have seen our own success with that with Angus Brayshaw and Neville Jetta who have had concussion issues over the last couple years.” 

“We are confident with that. Through our midfield, we think we need more run, we need someone who can play a legitimate role on the wing and halfback."

“Our recruiting team loved Kade when he got drafted five years ago and to be able to bring him in, we know he can play those positions.

“We think he is a really good addition for us in the midfield.”

KK was very much in contention to be drafted with our pick 2 if we held onto it in 2013. Billings probably was just in front, but KK very much in the conversation. 

12 minutes ago, ding said:

He has never struck me as an in-and-under type who can go through the midfield. Looks a near ideal winger to me, based on admittedly limited watching. 

I would prefer him as an outside runner (With a good kick) as it seems to be one of our greatest needs atm. Do you think he is up to sharing the load with our hard-nut mids?

When Mahoney said midfield rotation it was very much implying wing not in the centre square and it looks to me like Tyson out KK in is exactly what the footy department were targeting. Correct an oversupply of inside mids for an outside mid.

Wing will be an interesting position this year given the 6-6-6 rules. It won't change much in general play but from a centre bounce there might be some different tactics. If he settles on the wing KK might be required to start right towards the back of the square and be a loose defender or play half back flank which he's well qualified to do. And without the extra running off the back of the square he might have sprint to cover a midfielder bursting from the middle. Wing's are vital defensive sweepers and outlets at around the ground clearances so he'll have to do some work there but it's not impossible to improve on.

• Like 2

“Our recruiting team loved Kade when he got drafted...” and Ben Kennedy too apparently.  Hopefully K2 delivers. Gut feeling is he will.