Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

5 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

It’s annoying when people were coming on this thread and in their case for Jesse staying would say things like “Jesse is going no-where, he loves the club and said last night on Talking Footy how good the club has been to him” that’s bull [censored]. Doesn’t mean anything but people take it as gospel and think they can use it as a good basis for an argument here. 

Yes, I understand what you are saying crystal clear and I am suggesting you ignore it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

It’s annoying when people were coming on this thread and in their case for Jesse staying would say things like “Jesse is going no-where, he loves the club and said last night on Talking Footy how good the club has been to him” that’s bull [censored]. Doesn’t mean anything but people take it as gospel and think they can use it as a good basis for an argument here. 

So every time a player says something, we can't believe it? If a player says he loves the club and signs a new deal, does that mean he was lying all along and signed up to just to spite us? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yes, I understand what you are saying crystal clear and I am suggesting you ignore it. 

I do ignore it. These people need to learn that this crap means nothing though until signatures on dotted lines are acquired. He might have said what he did after the Swans game but a month is a long tome and could have changed his mind. We’ve also heard nothing from him since then, whereas Lever has been prominent. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wolfturdo said:

I do ignore it. These people need to learn that this crap means nothing though until signatures on dotted lines are acquired. He might have said what he did after the Swans game but a month is a long tome and could have changed his mind. We’ve also heard nothing from him since then, whereas Lever has been prominent. 

I’m hitting the hay now. Good luck in your quest to save the world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

So every time a player says something, we can't believe it? If a player says he loves the club and signs a new deal, does that mean he was lying all along and signed up to just to spite us? 

It means a little and can be a nice positive sign but to take the guy’s word to the bank and tell all your friends he’s staying based on that is as gullible as falling for your rickroll earlier. Signed contract = staying.

4 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

It means a little and can be a nice positive sign but to take the guy’s word to the bank and tell all your friends he’s staying based on that is as gullible as falling for your rickroll earlier. Signed contract = staying.

He’s signed until the end of next season, so he’s staying then? 

5 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

So when other players claimed their love for the club, and we believed it, and then they signed on, I was gullible there too? I should have called them filthy liars and shook my fist at them for potentially being really devious? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProDee said:

It's just rubbish to say Hogan is below average in the pace stakes.  I've always thought him above average for a bollocking key forward.

This from when he was drafted:

At 195 cm and 97.4 kg, Hogan ran a 20 metre sprint at the recent NAB AFL Draft Combine in 3.02 seconds - regarded as midfield standard. He also ran the three km time trial in 10 minutes 20 seconds.

Absolutely. Hoges is v fast.

I’ve posted this already, but fastest top speed in AFL is...

0D1478C1-6FFF-4C96-8675-EC17E3A498C2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, willmoy said:

Why are the top Teams in the AFL able to bring in or keep most if not all of their Class Players to be  on board, with reduced offers centred around everyone getting their fair share, which accelerates when there is more success as a consequence, except maybe us...ergo Hogan?

You mean like GAJ going to Gold Coast and Buddy to Sydney? 

It's pretty simple if he wants to go it's a money or lifestyle choice, nothing to do with us. If he wants to go then we cash in now while we can get something for him. He's doing us a favour IMO by letting us know now before he becomes a free agent.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Hogan and the club can easily put the rumours to bed by making a statement today.  Deafening silence will tell it’s own story. 

The only thing that will put it to bed is if Hogan signs a long term contract with mfc very shortly, otherwise this talk will continue on forever if this current rumor turns out to be just that.I personally don't give a stuff whether he goes or stays.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here is an intricatre trade between Port, Freo and Brisbane. 

(https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-threeway-trade-discussions-begin-to-send-lachie-neale-to-brisbane-picks-to-port-adelaide-and-fremantle/news-story/50aa9995716b2deb3cc588af146fcce2

Not shown but Port gets pick #10 from North for Polec.  Later pick trades also involved.  In this Freo keeps their current pick #5.  Pretty good deal for Freo to have picks 5, 9 and 10.  Question is what do they do with them?

Morris hints at Freo usng #9 and #10 for a Hogan trade (or to stock pile young talent).  Nothing definitive but should start tongues wagging and excite quite a few on here.

If Jesse can't/won't commit now, then it best he is traded as MFC have answered his past doubts on where we are going.  Also, I'm sure he would want to avoid the personal toll of the media harassing him about a new contract throughout 2019.  Its a big burden if he stays for 2019 without a contract renewal.  We would also want to avoid the distraction that media attention would cause.

If that Freo deal  was offered and Jesse wanted to go we couldn't turn it down.  We lose a great asset but at the end of the day all parties are better off and we can concentrate of football.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Far more? Has this come from Jesse?  His management? Goodwin? The club? Or just mixed media reports in which "it is understood"? What's changed, apart from your nervousness? After all, he is apparently happy at the club and settled in Melbourne, which must be true, so he surely can't be traded, right????

Posters such as Bub, Febes and I have put up with a bunch of outragists shouting us down or demanding the thread be closed simply because we dared to discuss Hogan being tradable for the right price. Now you are doing the same, despite nothing from anyone outside of the media. Not your finest hour Wise.

Might only be 2 weeks away from serving up a big slice of humble pie to a few on here, as much as I'd rather not. 

The same outragists who howled me down for suggesting May at the Dees, then look who we met last week and have been linked with.....

Footy has changed these days, supporters become too emotionally attached to players never wanting them to leave and that's fine, but footy has become a serious billion dollar industry. Footy has changed, I don't like the way it's heading but I have to accept it. 

It's like fans who admire the loyalty of Nathan Jones from the dark years, they can't think clearly to see he has been utterly terrible for most of the year, never stands up when needed and appreciated the way he burrows in to get the hard ball only to cough it up and turn it over. The club needs to handle his exit carefully but the time is soon.

I was never for or against trading Jesse, but I'm always open to ideas and getting maximum value out of a player, whether that be ideas about positional changes or trades. The fact of the matter is, be prepared to lose your favourite player, footy is a business now and never believe any word from any player, club, CEO or AFL for that matter as there's always workings going on behind the scenes that we will never hear about, that's why I'm always happy to discuss trading any player. Also contracts aren't really worth the paper they're written on either, at any club.

As Paul Roos and Chris Scott say, any player is tradeable for the right price. Whether Jesse stays or goes we don't know, but from a club perspective, right now is the time to cash in on maximum value if he were to ever leave. The fact that he won't extend and is open to a trade tells me he's already halfway out the door anyway. I expect to get 2 x picks under 10 for Jesse FWIW. My biggest concern that nobody has mentioned is, who pays his salary next year if he goes considering he's reportedly on $800k here.

Edited by SFebes
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, SFebes said:

The same outragists who howled me down for suggesting May at the Dees, then look who we met last week and have been linked with.....

Footy has changed these days, supporters become too emotionally attached to players never wanting them to leave and that's fine, but footy has become a serious billion dollar industry. Footy has changed, I don't like the way it's heading but I have to accept it. 

It's like fans who admire the loyalty of Nathan Jones from the dark years, they can't think clearly to see he has been utterly terrible for most of the year, never stands up when needed and appreciated the way he burrows in to get the hard ball only to cough it up and turn it over. The club needs to handle his exit carefully but the time is soon.

I was never for or against trading Jesse, but I'm always open to ideas and getting maximum value out of a player, whether that be ideas about positional changes or trades. The fact of the matter is, be prepared to lose your favourite player, footy is a business now and never believe any word from any player, club, CEO or AFL for that matter as there's always workings going on behind the scenes that we will never hear about, that's why I'm always happy to discuss trading any player. Also contracts aren't really worth the paper they're written on either, at any club.

As Paul Roos and Chris Scott say, any player is tradeable for the right price. Whether Jesse stays or goes we don't know, but from a club perspective, right now is the time to cash in on maximum value if he were to ever leave. The fact that he won't extend and is open to a trade tells me he's already halfway out the door anyway. I expect to get 2 x picks under 10 for Jesse FWIW. My biggest concern that nobody has mentioned is, who pays his salary next year if he goes considering he's reportedly on $800k here.

Freo will be...

There is not a chance in hell he is moving there for less than 800K.

1 minute ago, GCDee said:

Freo will be...

There is not a chance in hell he is moving there for less than 800K.

I don't expect him to go for less than $800k though, I expect he'll go for $1.2-$1.5m. Whether we have to pay 15% like Watts remains to be seen however both totally different comparisons. To get the picks we need, we may have to cough some up and that's fine by me, as long as it isnt over the top.

1 minute ago, SFebes said:

I don't expect him to go for less than $800k though, I expect he'll go for $1.2-$1.5m. Whether we have to pay 15% like Watts remains to be seen however both totally different comparisons. To get the picks we need, we may have to cough some up and that's fine by me, as long as it isnt over the top.

Yeah this is a bit different to the Wattsy one... we publicly hung him out to dry & showed we wanted him off our books.. 

Freo are chasing Jesse hard and have done so for 5 years. They will get laughed at if they expect us to pay any portion of his salary. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, clark's kick said:

Where is all of this 'he is definitely going at the end of 2019' coming from?

It seems to have been suggested and then become gospel in the space of 12 hours.

Reports are that he won't consider a contract extension. It's pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together and get 5 but it also would make the club a bit wary.

If he's really set on going home,  I think its entirely understandable that we, as supporters, try to focus on his shortcomings. His injuries, his pace, his  leap, his defensive pressure or what have you. Its a way to feel better.  I think deep down we all know he's a gun.....whether some of the mentioned "flaws"   derail his  trajectory  into a  lynch type player only time will tell.  But we all know he's a gun , at some level, anyway.

His dad died and he had his own brush with cancer. No small things for a 20? year old . Both things can make you wonder about family and where you belong. Him going this year at least lets us trade for him.  we're in the happy position where its possible we may not go backwards ( perhaps, depending on trades, even take a tiny step forward) without him.

Lets make the best of this we can 

• Like 4